Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
Sign in to follow this  
BProland85

Should we secure Ed Dodds?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/14/report-nick-caserio-has-a-contractual-provision-that-keeps-him-from-leaving-new-england/

With New England prohibiting Caserio from interviewing with other teams for GM jobs, could Ballard possibly do this for Dodds and also give him a pay raise so he is more than fairly compensated to stay in Indy? He is a vital part to our scouting and front office team. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They could. If he wants to be a GM though that probably wouldn’t stop him.  I saw a report awhile back that mentioned he might not want to be a GM.

• Like 1

Ed Dodds doesn't want to be a GM.

He wants to be heavily involved in the scouting and the GM responsibilities would take away from that. I think it's fair to say he is currently in his dream job. Ballard most likely gives him free reign to do what he does, or else, why would he have left Seattle?

13 minutes ago, Nulled said:

He wants to be heavily involved in the scouting and the GM responsibilities would take away from that. I think it's fair to say he is currently in his dream job. Ballard most likely gives him free reign to do what he does, or else, why would he have left Seattle?

Maybe he wanted to get out of the rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Maybe he wanted to get out of the rain.

If that's the case, he should have gone to Phoenix or Los Angeles.  We get plenty of rain here in Indy.  Maybe not as much as Seattle, but way more than we need.

3 hours ago, Nulled said:

Even if that is the case, we would have heard if Dobbs declined to interview for the job. Could also be teams just arent interested. Its hard to separate success from the top dogs.

According to Houston whispers, the Texans won't pursue a new candidate this year. O'Brien will be the GM for 2019. If that's true, I think Caserio will end up in there .... just not in 2019. (His contract will expire next year in Boston.)

• Like 1

He's already secured and under contract. If they want to go further, they can offer him an extension with terms similar to whatever Caserio's contract with the Pats says. I'm not a big fan of that, though. If someone wants to pursue other opportunities, they should.

• Like 2

While under his current contract he can only leave if it's specifically for a GM position.

Having said that, we should absolutely try to retain Hogan and Dodds for as long as we possibly can.

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

While under his current contract he can only leave if it's specifically for a GM position.

Having said that, we should absolutely try to retain Hogan and Dodds for as long as we possibly can.

Which is true only if his team under contract allows him to interview for GM position. 

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

giphy.gif

The Crow is an excellent movie and I still can't figure out how they

finished the movie when Brandon Lee got shot and killed "for real"

on the set midway through filming. I just rewatched it a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

The special effects don't hold up, but the story certainly does. Excellent movie! 

And that soundtrack....... :heart:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dodsworth said:

It helps that movies are not filmed in order they are seen. But what helped the most was the lighting budget for the movie consisted of a couple light bulbs and the character wore the same costume that consisted of a long jacket, long hair, and face paint, which would have allowed a similar looking person to stand in as well as use close up shots from other unused scenes that would have wound up on the cutting room floor otherwise (I believe fast and furious used a cut Paul Walker scene from an earlier movie after his death).

I'm was more surprised to find out Lee's stunt double was the director of John Wick.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

John Wick.

Another excellent movie!!!  (er, movies) 

• Like 1