Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts testing a new robot QB at training camp

stitches

10 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I read that somebody walked too close to it and Quentin Nelson took them down 

No, that was the new robot guard,  Quantum Nelson.

(This whole thread is turning into bad dad jokes - just in time for Fathers Day!)

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

I read that somebody walked too close to it and Quentin Nelson took them down 

Hmm... I wonder if there is any relationship between the appearance of this robot, and QN's "Run the D*** Ball" hat?

Okay, I'll go to my room now...

Jokes aside, i like the improved accuracy it offers. Great for juggs type work but for routes too.  Nothing worse than a receiver running a great route and the ball isnt there.

Cant replace the timing between QB and WR, but a great tool for warm-ups, etc.  i would think you could help train running routes too because the ball will be where you want your receiver to be.  He has to get there.

Ok.. joke mode back on.... I hope Andrew bought stock in this company.

33 minutes ago, Nadine said:

So is the robot talking about how good it is while it's throwing?

I believe it was in "Baker Mayfield" mode.

It also has an "Eli" mode where it just stands there with a stupid look on its circuit boards.

3 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

It also has an "Eli" mode where it just stands there with a stupid look on its circuit boards.

I heard it's also capable of screaming "Da***' Donald", so it does have potential.

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

...or the Brady mode, where it misses the WR and throws a water bottle

11 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

...or the Brady mode, where it misses the WR and throws a water bottle

Favre mode would be the scariest.  All the receivers would end up on IR with broken hands/fingers.

I wonder if it has an Uncle Rico mode?  Can it throw a football a quarter mile over them mountains?

giphy.gif

On 6/14/2019 at 11:34 AM, CR91 said:

talk about the ultimate pocket passer. It'll never get sacked haha 

CR, it's all fun and games now.. do you not see someday where they claim humans are too frail to play so all we have is robots doing this stuff? Battlebots Football.  Madden is essentially the same game if you think about it.  Humans have been replaced in more complicated tasks than football.  This is the harbinger of one big bummer that I can see coming true.  Sure, it is all "oohs" and "ahhs" now.. that is how it always starts!  :thmup:

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Favre mode would be the scariest.  All the receivers would end up on IR with broken hands/fingers.

I wonder if it has an Uncle Rico mode?  Can it throw a football a quarter mile over them mountains?

giphy.gif

What movie is that?

On 6/14/2019 at 4:29 PM, CoachLite said:

I would start to worry about cheating and hacking if it were made by Boston Dynamics haha.

https://www.bostondynamics.com/

Hahaha I was about to say, Boston already working on a way to hack the robot. That’s ok they’ll just sign him after he’s cut, him and Belichick should have a lot in common.

13 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

What movie is that?

12 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Napoleon Dynamite

PLEASE watch this movie with an open mind, and nothing more important to do, lol!!!

Ballard said this about the new QB:

“Look, we want guys that represent the horseshoe and the robot can flat out play. When we watched the film, we were just blown away. There was about 5 other robots on our list to target and it just worked out perfectly.”

Archived