Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

mini camp day 3

CR91

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Brad Wells had a “smart” comeback to the last one

You mean this?

Even if that is true, Wilson is still a quality CB that can be relied on in coverage. He is not a liability imo 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That’s it

Thank You @CR91

Home grown doesn't necessary have to mean he drafted them. No one knew about glowinski or Hunt, or Moore until they made a name for themselves here. Ballard gave them a shot and they took advantage of it.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Wonder how does he mean "grown by Ballard"?  'Cause he's not coaching any of them.

If he meant drafted, then I get it, however I don't see the irony there. He can't extend any of his drafted players contracts yet, even if he wanted to. Rookie contracts can only be extended after 3 years.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Wonder how does he mean "grown by Ballard"?  'Cause he's not coaching any of them.

If he meant drafted, then I get it, however I don't see the irony there. He can't extend any of his drafted players contracts yet, even if he wanted to. Rookie contracts can only be extended after 3 years.

Of the guys ZK mentioned and BW riffed on only AV and CG were not forgotten/thrown away by others

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Home grown doesn't necessary have to mean he drafted them. No one knew about glowinski or Hunt, or Moore until they made a name for themselves here. Ballard gave them a shot and they took advantage of it.

Wasnt this Ballards 3rd draft?  His "home grown" players are just starting to come to contract time.  Ballard really hasnt had a chance to keep his "home grown" draftees yet. 

Come on Wells, pay attention.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

You mean this?

Even if that is true, Wilson is still a quality CB that can be relied on in coverage. He is not a liability imo 

It's kind of a jump from they got theirs to he's considered by someone to be a liability isn't it?  I haven't been as impressed by Wilson as some others, but I am not sure their success and reward means he's a goner on face value or that they have given up.  Remember, Wilson is still younger than Ya-Sin after all.  He may just have to prove it through play until he's also in position to make it or not.  If he rises to the occasion they could have their starting 3 here for a long time.  I do think his leash is now much shorter though.  It's really up to him now.  

21 hours ago, CR91 said:

You mean this?

I think Brad Wells is a putz, but I kind of agree with him. 

I'm in the minority I'm sure, but I think Wilson has A LOT to prove and isn't as good as he's hyped up to be. He's extremely inconsistent and always seems to be nicked up. 

33 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I think Brad Wells is a putz, but I kind of agree with him. 

I'm in the minority I'm sure, but I think Wilson has A LOT to prove and isn't as good as he's hyped up to be. He's extremely inconsistent and always seems to be nicked up. 

Maybe, maybe not.  Last year I didn't think Wilson had the skillset to be a zone cover guy but he played well last year and improved every week.  Fans want starting quality depth at all positions (not realistic) and then complain when a 2nd round draft pick becomes that starting quality depth.  Can't have it both ways.

And also, does it really matter if a player lives up to his "draft billing"?  A great example of that is Rob Morris.  He didn't live up to his draft billing but he was the ultimate team player and him coming in at SAM to replace Gilbert Grape in 2006 had as much to do with the Colts winning the SB as getting Bob Sanders back for the playoffs.  The point being, just because someone does not live up to the draft billing does not mean they cannot help the team win.