Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Interested In Te John Carlson

Coltswarriors

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope they are looking at a lot more than a TE with all the money they're not spending on the players they've already released. Big impact players are out there but not for long.

Sometimes a team that signs free agents early in the process must overpay. Patience.

Time to maybe look into Marcellius Bennett, the Cowboys TE, who never got a shot. Very athletic, pretty cheap and a good TE, who like I said, never got a shot at playing much with Witten in front of him.

**NEW DEVELOPMENTS**

Carlson has cut his KC trip short to go Minnesota to probably ink a deal with the Vikings, according to my LS. It looks like the Colts won't get him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/41171/john-carlson-leaves-k-c-for-minnesota

Posted at 10:40AM

"Seattle tight end John Carlson decided to cut his trip to Kansas City short and head to Minnesota. He will likely sign with the Vikings on the trip"

So is your "LS" is google?

http://espn.go.com/b...c-for-minnesota

Posted at 10:40AM

"Seattle tight end John Carlson decided to cut his trip to Kansas City short and head to Minnesota. He will likely sign with the Vikings on the trip"

So is your "LS" is google?

No, my league source is a guy in Indianapolis who gets news on the Colts and big news around the league. Not Google. I wasn't even on my laptop at 10:40.

Odds are, we probably got the same news, but I swear, I didn't take this news and made it my own.

Vikes, do they have a traditional Z wideout on the outside? Or do they think they don't need one for their west coast style with the hybrid Harvin and 2 TE looks?

They play a Zebra offense now, they have moved away from the West Coast offense. In a Zebra, they play WXYZ the majority of the time with X or T being the tight end. So yes, Z is a traditional wideout. They could also used a modified version of the Zebra with 2 tight ends. W and Z would be the wideouts.

If Fleener is off the board at 33 (2nd round) pick, we move on and take Dwayne Allen or the kid Orson Charles.

Orson Charles has tremendous upside, but Allen seems like the safer pick. **BUT picking a TE in the 2nd round is silly, focus on the CBs, and NTs, even OGs.

while on the subject of tight end.... I would consider Kevin Boss if he is healthy. He was recently cut by the Raiders.

I agree, good blocking tight end with good hands. He's a reliable target that has okay speed. Would come for cheap. Looking at this now, it looks like it would be a good signing, but I would have to look more into it. Him and Tamme could make a good team (Tamme will probably stay).

I reported that he had officially signed, you just said he was expected to sign...it's no big deal though

**NEW DEVELOPMENTS**

Carlson has cut his KC trip short to go Minnesota to probably ink a deal with the Vikings, according to my LS. It looks like the Colts won't get him.

Is this your official report? "...probably ink a deal with the Vikings..." That IS official.

If we're looking at a Free Agent TE, what about Joel Dreessen? Good blocker, decent catcher...

To be honest, I'd rather have Bo Scaife. Joel Dreessen was more in the limelight because of his red zone plays where he caught a few TDs last year. But Bo Scaife has 7 seasons under his belt and is a good combo TE, IMO

just curious, you dont like him due to a rap video or lack of talent?

It was more the content of the rap video. There was some racist remarks towards caucasian people. I don't remember what was said and I think he took it down, but it has always stuck with me.

It was more the content of the rap video. There was some racist remarks towards caucasian people. I don't remember what was said and I think he took it down, but it has always stuck with me.

Ok fair enough, was just curious because I think its more fair to judge a player based upon performance but in that case that makes sense.