Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Interested In Te John Carlson

Coltswarriors

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope they are looking at a lot more than a TE with all the money they're not spending on the players they've already released. Big impact players are out there but not for long.

Some folks on here believe we should only sign bargain basement FAs. I am very upset with this total explosion of the team. They are going to have to spend some money to get good players to come. What other incentive is there to come play for the Colts right now other than money?

Some folks on here believe we should only sign bargain basement FAs. I am very upset with this total explosion of the team. They are going to have to spend some money to get good players to come. What other incentive is there to come play for the Colts right now other than money?

Spot on.

I like Carlson, I think he would be a solid pickup

Carlson's combine and pro day numbers were: 6-5, 251lbs, 20Reps, 35.5V, 4.72F, 4.28S, and 7.12C. He has excellent hands and was an acedemic All American. He would be an indictment against resigning Tamme. He had a concussion and a torn labrum in 2011. He had surgery on the labrum and was on injured reserve for most ot the season. He says he is about 90% now.

I am a die hard golts fan no matter what people will say about this comment. I would rather save money this year then PMs money is off the cap next year. we suck one more season. Then we draft Robert Woods and let him and Luck grow together and use all the cap money next year to build around them. Say what you want but the fact is there are 31 losers every year and only one winner. I want to be that winner being mediocre and making the playoffs just does not cut it for me now that we have lifred the Lombardi tropht once.

I would hate it if our offense becomes like the Ravens offense. I am not a fan of that offense. The Steelers offense, I can handle. But we dont have the personnel to operate our offense like the Steelers offense, at least not now.

So, do you think Arians wants to incorporate a Steelers like offense? If yes, look for speedy wideouts to be drafted across the board.

I would hate it if our offense becomes like the Ravens offense. I am not a fan of that offense. The Steelers offense, I can handle. But we dont have the personnel to operate our offense like the Steelers offense, at least not now.

So, do you think Arians wants to incorporate a Steelers like offense? If yes, look for speedy wideouts to be drafted across the board.

We will actually have a QB unlike the Ravens.

I think we should sign this kid, resign Tamme, and then cut Eldridge

That's not too bad of an idea. Eldridge has been injured a lot during his career and from the clips I have seen of him, he hasn't impressed me with his blocking despite many people agreeing he was the best blocking TE of that draft class

John Carlson is a very good tight end and he and Tamme could make a 2 headed TE monster (not like the Pats though). Could come for pretty cheap and could give Luck another target on top of Reggie and Austin!

also u have to understand that we need a hybrid offense as well as defense, this would be a good signing we dont need one dimensional te's who cant block, yall remember that play when clark had to block m. williams and collins got killed , we need guy like this 6'5" 255 pound who can punch people in the mouth

I sure hope they are looking at a lot more than a TE with all the money they're not spending on the players they've already released. Big impact players are out there but not for long.
I don't think you are goiing to see the Colts going for any big impact players. I think they will work to sign some quality players at good value, but this is going to be a rebuilding process. They aren't going to go the Redskins route and overpay for an impact player only to find out it's no guarantee of a win. These guys aren't trying to win the superbowl this season. They are trying to build a foundation.