Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Leonard Colts Life

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This was so good.

I was a little disappointed.  We didn't get more from it than "he's just a regular guy outside of world class talent on the football field" sort of commentary and I think that was already established in the trailer.  I had hoped to learn more about his life and history directly from him, but that isn't what this was and the more important point was certainly made.  

I do like all of these a great deal, it humanizes the players and the "larger than life" people that make up the league on all sides.  So that is a welcome peak and an important reminder and perspective.  

I think this should be done for most "famous" people.  It would connect them back to reality for both sides.  It would also set a good example for the "rage or rave" culture our country has devolved into.   Whether you have many millions of dollars and financial freedom that comes with "fame" or not, after you find yourself in the mansion after driving the sports car home and you go inside and close the door, you are still you and all your flaws and demons, gifts and virtues remain.  If only THAT lesson would be reintroduced to society we'd all be so much better that we are now.  It is a needed "Red Pill" of reality.  

Appreciate their talent, but don't lionize/demonize them and realize that by doing so you dehumanize them to a degree and at the same time you dehumanize yourself.  You are neither better or worse for what someone else does unless you're in that person's direct orbit and have a say.  People with fame and money do not have easier lives, and in most cases they do not have better lives than anyone else nor do they deserve positive or negative expectations placed on them by others.  In that respect, we're all in this together.  Just Plain Folks.  

I think he has his priorities in a good place.  Enjoy your life as if you weren't a famous football player.  He doesn't need the false narrative of "fame" and the "lifestyle" because that is and always has been a complete lie.  It doesn't matter if it is Football or Music or Acting or Politics etc.. 

Money is a tool like any other and nothing more and Fame is a false God not worthy of worship.  It won't fix your plumbing when there is a massive leak in the middle of the night and it won't keep your brother from being murdered.  It might be a useful tool in the first and useless in the second, but it doesn't insulate you from either.  You're still you no matter what the scoreboard says.  No better or worse than anyone else.  It is what is left when the "rage or rave" passes.  You. 

Darius is a funny dude. If your not following him on Instagram you should. HE will have you laughing so hard in his stories. You will also see the close relationship him and Walker have. There was a interview yesterday on the colts podcast with him. HE talked about how him and Walker break down film together and how Walker is the reason he can do what he does on the field. Anthony basically is so smart he taught leonard how to break down film.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nadine said:

Chasing cows, that's where my athleticism comes from :)

The story goes that Roger Carr (Baltimore Colts) chased deer to get in shape. He had a 4.5 40 which was blazing back then. 

I’m glad guys like Darius are with the team and despite some diminishing the importance of character, it takes guys that are humble enough to realize they are one small part of a whole organization but important nonetheless.

• Like 1

Great story.  I didn't know that two of his older brothers were convicted of murder.  It shows that a person can get out of that life if they work hard.

His brother Anthony is an example of how things can go in the NFL.  He was a promising LB out of Clemson who was plagued with injuries and never really made it.  I think I read he's a high school coach now, so good for him.

Kudo's to the Colts media group for doing these stories.

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

The story goes that Roger Carr (Baltimore Colts) chased deer to get in shape. He had a 4.5 40 which was blazing back then. 

I’m glad guys like Darius are with the team and despite some diminishing the importance of character, it takes guys that are humble enough to realize they are one small part of a whole organization but important nonetheless.

I also liked 'Some people take part of the double cheeseburger home but, I can eat two'

• Thanks 1