Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My "thimble" collection

WoolMagnet

So i was running to the store and i didnt feel like wearing one of my 3 " everyday" Titleist hats.  So i went in the closet to pick a "fresh" feel.   Do i go with the head-worn callaway with the frayed edges everywhere from long, hard use?  Or perhaps the old-school Titleist with the Woody Austin signature?

Then i spot them.  Like ancient artifacts in the Smithsonian..... like a useless thimble collection .......my Colt hats.  Radely worn, save for special gamedays, i wondered...... was today the day i break tradition and don the lid of my team?   YES!   Yes!  I WILL!

it will be the 2009 AFC champ hat.  BLACK, with white stitching.  A lil redneckish , but i think i can pull it off. I am from Pa afterall.

• Like 3

If I’m wearing a hat...   it’s either for Stanford or the Colts.   I have numerous of each.   

I have five Colts hats.   I buy them around this time of year,  when the online Pro Shop does yearly clearance sales.   Same with T-shirts.

My Colts hats almost always draw comments — good ones.   Perhaps because there are so few Colts fans here in So. Cal.   The other day some guy made some comment about the Baltimore days!   Not the first time that’s happened.  

Colts hats are best on game days!   Everyone at the sports bars are representing their teams with hats and jerseys.   I like wearing Colts colors.  The blue and white is so sharp!   And when we win, as we did a LOT last year, it’s a great day!   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I don't have a Colts hat. Shame.

Dear Jim Irsay,

This man needs a hat.  He even has a sweet pic of you as his avatar.  Send this man a hat!  (The shipping to Europe will probably be more expensive than the hat itself, but you can afford it Jimmy)

Sincerely,

Everyone

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Dear Jim Irsay,

This man needs a hat.  He even has a sweet pic of you as his avatar.  Send this man a hat!  (The shipping to Europe will probably be more expensive than the hat itself, but you can afford it Jimmy)

Sincerely,

Everyone

I think if we can get a commercial for TV.......

"Can you imagine, this Colts fan, going to games, without a proper Colts hat"

Plays video of sad looking, heartbroken man.......

"Wont you please give, to help this mans DREAM come true.......... ???? "

I have a few hats but wife keeps saying, that’s too much toss a few out!  She also says that of my t-shirt collection.  I admit I had a few shirts and I still have a dresser drawer full of Colts shirt.  Lol! I made a deal with her, I’ll rid my dresser of shirts if she makes a quilt out of it.  She did and now I have a quilt made with shirts but my dresser is still full!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The hat I always wear is the SB Championship hat I bought. It's white and in blue says Super Bowl XLI Champions on it with a horse shoe under those words. It is 12 years old so it is a faded white due to being washed several times.

I almost never where that hat as I dont want that to happen, I wear it on the Anniversary if I wear it. I am someone that has a lot of hats though. 3 colts that I wear, numerous ones that I dont due to signed. A bunch of Cubs, some other Baseball Teams, and some other teams. I like to wear hats most days and thus have a lot of different ones. I just try to avoid wearing SB one as I dont want to ruin it

• Like 2

6 hours ago, coltskane said:

I have a few hats but wife keeps saying, that’s too much toss a few out!  She also says that of my t-shirt collection.  I admit I had a few shirts and I still have a dresser drawer full of Colts shirt.  Lol! I made a deal with her, I’ll rid my dresser of shirts if she makes a quilt out of it.  She did and now I have a quilt made with shirts but my dresser is still full!

Maybe toss the wife...... then you can have all the hats and "hats" you desire.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The last time I wore a hat was when my sister was playing Softball

I got in the hahit of a hat from playing golf literally every day. 

You need it for the sun while playing, then you need it after playing or you look like you just rolled out of bed.

Side note:  It is also worth noting that those whacky broads tend to like guys in hats for some strange reason.  Kinda like us and pasties i guess.   Haha

12 hours ago, coltskane said:

My husband has way too many hats.  The colts hats are just a subsection of the entire hat collection.  I boxed up the ones he doesn't wear so that the shelves in our closet are actually usable.

He cannot get rid of one single hat.  To be fair, he's just a huge hat fan.  I find him surfing the web looking for more hats.

It's not too bad of a habit to have as long as the closet contents don't come tumbling down on me when I open the door.

• Like 1