Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Even More Colts Hype

Lucky Colts Fan

Anyone else getting a sinking feeling from all the hype we are getting?

Maybe just my pessimistic Scottish nature but I saw someone on Twitter saying our FLOOR was 10-6. 

Don't get me wrong, I love where this team is going.....but I liked our old status as underdog with something to prove. 

22 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Maybe just my pessimistic Scottish nature but I saw someone on Twitter saying our FLOOR was 10-6. 

Don't get me wrong, I love where this team is going.....but I liked our old status as underdog with something to prove. 

Perhaps this view will help some here really appreciate what Bill Belichick has done in New England.

They typically win the AFC East almost every year.    They typically (but not always) get to the AFC Championship.  They’ve made it to 8 Super Bowls and won 6 of them.    

You don’t see their fan base worried about being on the hype train.   If anything thise fans have unrealistic expectations.   Get to the Super Bowl or the fans are disappointed.   Talk about the crushing weight of overwhelming expectations?!?    That’s an impossible status level to live up to.   And they’ve been doing it for basically 20 straight years.   It’s truly impressive and should be respected.  

Just some food for thought...   

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, DaveA1102 said:

Agreed, I get uncomfortable with the hype.  In my experience with any team, not just Indy is when a team gets a bunch of hype like that, they not only fail to live up to the hype but often fall flat on their face.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Agreed, I get uncomfortable with the hype.  In my experience with any team, not just Indy is when a team gets a bunch of hype like that, they not only fail to live up to the hype but often fall flat on their face.  

Case in point: the 2018 Jacksonville Jaguars.

I know exactly what you mean.  There is always a "media darling" that falls flat.  I don't believe it will be us, but its just that uneasy feeling creeping in...

On 6/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, DaveA1102 said:

So you must see something wrong with how the players are behaving, have a sense the coaching staff isn't up to the job. 
 We don't have the QB, we didn't draft well again.
  Me i see soundness all over the place, so HYPE is just blather. 
 Nothing but injuries to keep us from being good next season. And i am not going to worry about it. It IS the NFL. And we have good reason to feel good about our growing depth.

And having something to prove is more about character and Ballard is focused 100% on that. NO, the wheel isn't about to fall off.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:23 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/26907379/the-nfl-pass-blocking-awards-best-worst-o-lines-overall-more

Colts OLine is awarded "Best Pass-Blocking Line" by Seth Walder of ESPN.

Wow..  that's deep.  Did he struggle to read the stat on who gave up the least sacks last year, or did he just hear it from, oh I don't know, every channel covering the NFL?  

I feel sorry for these guys who have to produce content relentlessly when there isn't anything going on of interest.   Few on this message board (or any other) could glance at a few stat sites and write this article.   Fluff.   Sure, a couple at the top and a couple at the bottom can be determined in part by a glance.  The rest is so dependent on deeper dives like who are the coaches, their strategies and techniques, who is drafting/signing UDFA's and even who the owner is.  It is also about scheme and the quality of each position off the line as much as on the line.  I doubt that type of depth was used to make this list.  Even team facilities and basic chemistry between players can have an impact.  

On a side note, I was kind of surprised by how little actual info came out in the local or national media on the OTA's around the league etc.  I don't watch as much stuff on ESPN but I listen to the Fox Sports shows while I work and very little of the news involved OTA's or mini camps.  Youtube likewise had very little, so it will be brutal in terms of coverage coming up.  That is usually when all the lists and predictions appear (understandably).  

• Like 1