Indianapolis Colts

https://www.colts.com/news/colts-earn-espn-s-highest-2019-offseason-grade

"Mike Sando of ESPN recently released his offseason grades for all 32 teams, and the Colts come in with the top spot:

Grade: A-

The Colts entered the offseason with more than $100 million in salary-cap space. They resisted the most expensive players in the market, instead landing pass-rusher Justin Houston and receiver Devin Funchess to short-term deals (two years for Houston, one for Funchess).

Indy then traded back 20 spots in the draft, moving down from the 26th overall spot. The Colts emerged with three second-round choices for the second year in a row, apparently figuring the difference between the 26th and 46th choices wasn't large enough to justify standing pat.

‘There is a clarity, a vision and a discipline to what they are doing,’ an exec said. ‘They know what they want to be and they are disciplined in executing the plan. One thing about Indy is, the owner [Jim Irsay] knows football, has a strong desire to win and will support that financially, particularly now that everyone is on the same page.’

One exec said he was optimistic as to how Houston would fit with the Colts, on the theory that the scheme in Kansas City was broken, and former Chiefs exec Chris Ballard, now the GM in Indy, would have a good feel for the situation.

‘What's really striking about the Colts is how they have revamped their team in the trenches,’ an evaluator said. 'That has gone from weakness to strength in two years. That is where you see what true talent evaluators can do. You saw it with Washington when [Scot] McCloughan was there and you see it now in Indy.’”

• Like 2

Everybody is soooo eager to write something decisive in the off season.  

Column inches have to be filled and sold

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Everybody is soooo eager to write something decisive in the off season.  

Column inches have to be filled and sold

I think that's true, but it's hard to argue with the "vision" comment. 

I think some folks here really get a sense of the vision when they hear CB speak.  They don't always remember what he has said during the draft, lol, but I don't think he misleads us fans with anything.  He is true to his plan for this team.  The trenches are his main focus for the building of this team.

It is almost like the websites ESPN, NFL.com, USA Today are trying to hard to rank us high and over rate us. After the way those 3 trashed us before last season saying we were one of the worst teams in the league if the not the worst. Saying Luck would never be the same. I guess they have ate so much crow from last years nonsense by us going 10-6 and winning a playoff game that now we are great according to those 3 websites :funny:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d prefer if the media wasn’t this high on the Colts personally.  It will be interesting to see how the team responds to the increased expectations of this upcoming season.  This is still a young team that continues to grow.  Ballard continues to manage them as such. I don’t get the impression that they are in win now mode just yet. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

This will all be settled when the ESPN power rankings are published!

They will have us in the top 5.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is almost like the websites ESPN, NFL.com, USA Today are trying to hard to rank us high and over rate us. After the way those 3 trashed us before last season saying we were one of the worst teams in the league if the not the worst. Saying Luck would never be the same. I guess they have ate so much crow from last years nonsense by us going 10-6 and winning a playoff game that now we are great according to those 3 websites :funny:

I just hope they're not as wrong a out the Colts this season as they were last lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I just hope they're not as wrong a out the Colts this season as they were last lol.

Me too, I do think we will be good and probably win 10 or 11 games so I am not too worried.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:00 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

5c5ad7259e42b911d3055365.jpg

That train doesn't look like it needs brakes.  ;-)