Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Behle

FA workouts.

Does anyone have some insight as to what the FA’s do during one their workouts?  Players have come in for “workouts” and then the Colts make a decision as to whether they sign them or not. What do they have them do?

14 minutes ago, Behle said:

Does anyone have some insight as to what the FA’s do during one their workouts?  Players have come in for “workouts” and then the Colts make a decision as to whether they sign them or not. What do they have them do?

If Hard Knocks is any indication, they put them through their position drills.  I’m sure a team physical always takes place.

But didn’t we have a case where a guy came in and said he just sat in the lunchroom, or something to that effect?  That was probably him waiting while his agent discussed what they expected.  

They will have a sit down and chat with Brian Decker somewhere

during the process.

Yeah that was Tre Boston last year. He and Kenny Vaccaro (SP?) visited the same time last year. They both left and signed elsewhere.

Tre had this to say: Colts Visit: "I didn't meet with the GM, HC or DC. I was in the lunch room for 2 hours. I even got to play basketball"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have to be near the top of the list of teams that bring in FA's for workouts, and then not sign them. I do find it interesting. I wonder if the GM always makes the decision to bring players in, or if they will allow scouts, head coach, or position coaches to request a private workout?! 

• Like 1

That is a great question. Do teams do a favor to a agent?  Or are the agents the ones pushing the workouts on teams?

That is a great question. Do teams do a favor to a agent?  Or are the agents the ones pushing the workouts on teams?

Sorry for the double post I did want to thank you for the information about Tryout Tuesday though. 

13 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Yeah that was Tre Boston last year. He and Kenny Vaccaro (SP?) visited the same time last year. They both left and signed elsewhere.

Tre had this to say: Colts Visit: "I didn't meet with the GM, HC or DC. I was in the lunch room for 2 hours. I even got to play basketball"

I'm guessing the meeting was between his agent and Ballard's people.  The Colts probably said, "Here's what we're willing to pay a FA safety."  And after a few back and forths, the agent probably said they wouldn't even work out for that amount.