Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 Colts on PFF's best Single Game ever list

Coffeedrinker

5 minutes ago, twfish said:

This is part of the reason i cant really trust the PFF grades. How does a QB grade out that well throwing that many interceptions?

Are you referring to Manning's performances in the article?  The article is about single-game grades, and Manning didn't throw a single INT in either game.

2 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Are you referring to Manning's performances in the article?  The article is about single-game grades, and Manning didn't throw a single INT in either game.

Manning's stats in this matchup weren't gaudy, but they were very efficient Completing 21-of-28 passes (75.0 percent) for 351 yards and a huge 12.5 yards per attempt. He only tossed one touchdown compared to two interceptions, but he hit on 10 passes of at least 10 yards including a pair of 60-plus-yard throws to Marvin Harrison.

58 minutes ago, twfish said:

This is part of the reason i cant really trust the PFF grades. How does a QB grade out that well throwing that many interceptions?

I will preface this by saying, I'm not a fan of PFF either.  I posted this because 4 Colts games were on the list and two of them were surprises.

That being said, I'm guessing it's because 2 plays don't wipe out 21 other good plays, especially if some of those good plays were extremely good.

50 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Wonder how many players had "career" days against the Colts defense? Brandon Marshall, Maurice Jones Drew and that Chargers punter come to mind for starters

If, as a Colts fan, that is what interests you, then I encourage to research it and start a thread.  I'm sure you can find the info in the article linked in the Colts.com write up.

4 hours ago, twfish said:

Manning's stats in this matchup weren't gaudy, but they were very efficient Completing 21-of-28 passes (75.0 percent) for 351 yards and a huge 12.5 yards per attempt. He only tossed one touchdown compared to two interceptions, but he hit on 10 passes of at least 10 yards including a pair of 60-plus-yard throws to Marvin Harrison.

I stand corrected.  Maybe they weren’t attributed to bad play on his part (batted at the line or knocked in the air by the receiver)?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

If, as a Colts fan, that is what interests you, then I encourage to research it and start a thread.  I'm sure you can find the info in the article linked in the Colts.com write up.

Sorry, don't have that kind of spare time on my hands. Thanks for the encouragement tho

23 hours ago, twfish said:

they wont hold it against him if its not his fault.  

On 6/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm surprised this has not been posted yet.

https://www.colts.com/news/four-colts-among-pro-football-focus-best-ever-single-game-performances

As expected Manning is on there twice but I would not have guessed either game.  The best game ever by a Colt was not something I would have guessed.

Wow.... # 19 all-time, NFL-wide?

I would have never guessed Lilja either, Coffee.

Question.... career-wise, the writer gives Lilja some pretty high praise as an "excellent lineman in his own right".

I mean, he wasn't THAT good, was he?

It just feels very skewed, because even with PFF's metrics in a one-game evaluation where Lilja scores this all-time Top 20 ranking.... it's notable that he was sandwiched between multiple Pro Bowlers LT Tarik Glenn and C Jeff Saturday. 

On 6/9/2019 at 9:16 AM, pacolts56 said:

Wow.... # 19 all-time, NFL-wide?

I would have never guessed Lilja either, Coffee.

Question.... career-wise, the writer gives Lilja some pretty high praise as an "excellent lineman in his own right".

I mean, he wasn't THAT good, was he?

It just feels very skewed, because even with PFF's metrics in a one-game evaluation where Lilja scores this all-time Top 20 ranking.... it's notable that he was sandwiched between multiple Pro Bowlers LT Tarik Glenn and C Jeff Saturday. 

I don't know if I can an honest evaluation because I liked Lilja as a guard, but since he has retired he lives not too far away and he came several times to a youth team I coached and talked to the team (he met the head coach at a business function and since he played in the league I coach in and played for the HS our team was affiliated with he was more than willing to come talk, so, my opinion of him may be skewed.   But yeah, I thought he was a top 15 guard when he played with the Colts.  He was not a devastating run blocker but he was an excellent technician and kept his guy away from the ball carrier.  As a pass blocker though he was top notch.

• Like 1