Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 3 OTAs

CR91

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Luck really needs to get some work in with Campbell and Funchess. If he misses mini camp also it’s going to tick me off.

I'm officially annoyed. All I heard about from January - April was how this is Luck's first healthy offseason, his 2nd year in Reich's scheme, he has these new fancy weapons, & he's already missed 3 weeks. Not necessarily worried, but I'm not psyched about it either.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm officially annoyed. All I heard about from January - April was how this is Luck's first healthy offseason, his 2nd year in Reich's scheme, he has these new fancy weapons, & he's already missed 3 weeks. Not necessarily worried, but I'm not psyched about it either.

It seems Hooker is the only guy who has been in OTA that has missed them in the past.  I understand wanting to make sure he doesn’t tweek it worse but come on. Your right that is all we heard how luck with have all spring to practice.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

It seems Hooker is the only guy who has been in OTA that has missed them in the past.  I understand wanting to make sure he doesn’t tweek it worse but come on. Your right that is all we heard how luck with have all spring to practice.

I realize that "it's just OTAs," & that it's technically voluntary, but I don't want to watch this offense struggle to find it's footing the first 6 weeks of the season again, & I have a feeling that they may if Luck isn't out there sooner than later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I realize that "it's just OTAs," & that it's technically voluntary, but I don't want to watch this offense struggle to find it's footing the first 6 weeks of the season again, & I have a feeling that they may if Luck isn't out there sooner than later.

Meh ... this is not 2018. Last year Luck didn't throw an NFL sized ball before the TC, and even in the TC, they rested him every 3rd or 4th day. This year he's doing everything - throwing, working on his timing, technique, etc. -, except not running up and down the field and not participating in team drills. These OTAs are about working on fundamentals, getting into the system, the playbook. Team drills are very limited, and mostly situational.

Andrew is a seasoned vet now. He won't miss a beat because he missed some team drill in the spring. And it's not last year, he already knows most if his targets. The only guy he may need to build chemistry with by the beginning of the season is probably Funches, because I doubt Campbell will have a big role right from the beginning. Andrew and Funches will have a lot of time during the TC. And they can get together in some private workouts any time if they feel they need to.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think pascal and Rogers are going to make the roster. It’s going to be hard for Johnson, fountain, Hart to make the roster. I bet we keep six WR.

I'm guessing we keep 4 RBs, 5 WRs.  Hines is basically a hybrid RB/WR. 

From what I understand, Wilkins has bulked up.  He may end up being a short yardage guy.  I like the way he ran last season (except when he gave up the ball).  I know Ballard was high on Williams, but I've yet to see him play.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

I hope they have thought it over and want him to focus on DE.... 

Too much going on with learning 2 positions for a rookie who is in desperate need of basic technique coaching.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

surprised by some of the names. Glow, Hines, Slauson, and even a little with Smith.

nice to see Houston on there.

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think pascal and Rogers are going to make the roster. It’s going to be hard for Johnson, fountain, Hart to make the roster. I bet we keep six WR.

Rogers should with ease.

Agree on 6

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I'm guessing we keep 4 RBs, 5 WRs.  Hines is basically a hybrid RB/WR. 

From what I understand, Wilkins has bulked up.  He may end up being a short yardage guy.  I like the way he ran last season (except when he gave up the ball).  I know Ballard was high on Williams, but I've yet to see him play.

Wilkins was said to have more "flight" than "fight", so I think it's likely more than weight he needs. I think it was more his style than anything else. Maybe it will translate, but I'd bank on Ware being the short yardage guy. I'll be Williams is the odd man out.

19 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I agree, it’s very irritating that Luck is missing this time. Conspiracies aside, it’s very odd that Luck was reported to not throw all offseason and now he has a “calf injury” that is keeping him from throwing the ball to the new kids. It just makes a guy wonder if he didn’t have a scope of that shoulder taking a look at it’s structure and they are just waiting for that healing period to be good before letting him throw, but don’t want the circus from a fan base hearing Luck and Shoulder in the same sentence. Idk 

31 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I agree, it’s very irritating that Luck is missing this time. Conspiracies aside, it’s very odd that Luck was reported to not throw all offseason and now he has a “calf injury” that is keeping him from throwing the ball to the new kids. It just makes a guy wonder if he didn’t have a scope of that shoulder taking a look at it’s structure and they are just waiting for that healing period to be good before letting him throw, but don’t want the circus from a fan base hearing Luck and Shoulder in the same sentence. Idk 

They said he is throwing on his own. I guess they could be lying. But that is a plausible theory I guess.

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I really hope Turay takes another step and develops much more as a pass rusher and run stopper this season. I hope the drafting of Banagu wasn't a sign that they don't feel Turay will. Hopefully they will be pass rusher rich in the next few seasons with Turay, Banagu, Lewis, Autry, and possibly still Houston. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I really hope Turay takes another step and develops much more as a pass rusher and run stopper this season. I hope the drafting of Banagu wasn't a sign that they don't feel Turay will. Hopefully they will be pass rusher rich in the next few seasons with Turay, Banagu, Lewis, Autry, and possibly still Houston. 

Turay looks like he has developed a spin move. Also bulked  up. Yesterday he had some stuff on IG where he was studying tape. I think he could make the leap this year. Even if Banagu develops as a DE remember Houston is not getting younger.

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Turay looks like he has developed a spin move. Also bulked  up. Yesterday he had some stuff on IG where he was studying tape. I think he could make the leap this year. Even if Banagu develops as a DE remember Houston is not getting younger.

Yeah if he is able to keep on the weight without losing explosiveness, and continue to develop his pass rush moves I think we have a very good player provided he can stay healthy. We probably need him to play around 255 pounds throughout the season. He wore down late last season and injuries partially is to blame for that too. 

35 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

From what I've heard, they are giving Banagu more reps at DE because he has come in and really shocked them at how well he is doing.  His personal trainer was on a Locked On Colts Podcast recently saying that he worked exclusively on pass rush moves after the combine that he never showed at TCU. He supposedly came into rookie camp with a repertoire of moves that really surprised the Colts coaching staff. So I really do not think it was indicative of Turay at all, just that Banagu has showed out and may actually be more of a pure DE than the hybrid they thought.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

From what I've heard, they are giving Banagu more reps at DE because he has come in and really shocked them at how well he is doing.  His personal trainer was on a Locked On Colts Podcast recently saying that he worked exclusively on pass rush moves after the combine that he never showed at TCU. He supposedly came into rookie camp with a repertoire of moves that really surprised the Colts coaching staff. So I really do not think it was indicative of Turay at all, just that Banagu has showed out and may actually be more of a pure DE than the hybrid they thought.

I'm excited to hear that because I've mentioned before that if he got just as many sacks as Burns with no moves I'd like to see what he can do when he learns some moves and approach to pass rushing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unitas2berry said:

Jdubu said 'Conspiracies aside.......' But then you go on to fan the flames of a conspiracy in the making. Relax, man, things will be fine. This is OTA, will be fine. Just wait and see. Wringing our hands would not change anything anyway.

I’m not going to lose sleep over it either way, it affects my life in no way at all. I just find it odd that we haven’t seen him throwing at camp from what info I’ve read but that he has been throwing on his own? Doesn’t it at least seem strange that all this base went through last 2-3 years with the shoulder issues being glossed over and then boom, all of a sudden he had surgery and even though the team kept saying he was just about ready and then he never threw a ball that whole season. Maybe it’s something maybe it’s nothing, only the team knows I guess. Still not losing any sleep if Brissett is day one opening starter. Just disappointed is all I’ll be. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, BProland85 said:

Weird. Turay looked peaked to his coaches, so they drafted Banagu. Good grief!