Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coltsfansince65

Gerald McCoy to sign with Carolina....

I know many here were hoping he would sign with the Colts. I don't even know if we kicked the tires. I wouldn't have minded having him here.

I guess the staff is confident the players we have will take the next step.

I don't think Ballard would have been in for anything close to the offer he got in Carolina, reported to be up to $10.5 million with incentives. He just doesn't open up Jim Irsay's wallet for aging, high mileage players when he figures that he can get the same production out of his current group of veterans and young, up-and-coming players. I would rather see those snaps go to someone whose best years are ahead of him, not behind him. 

Alright then. Moving on.

What I don't get is he chose C. Newton over A. Luck to get him to the Super Bowl. Didn't both of them have shoulder surgery at the same time a couple years ago? Since then Luck rehabbed for a whole year and came back with a very strong season. Newton was hurried back and now is having surgery again on the same shoulder. 

Good luck to you McCoy. I think you made a poor choice decision.

5 hours ago, sreeb2deeni said:

Alright then. Moving on.

What I don't get is he chose C. Newton over A. Luck to get him to the Super Bowl. Didn't both of them have shoulder surgery at the same time a couple years ago? Since then Luck rehabbed for a whole year and came back with a very strong season. Newton was hurried back and now is having surgery again on the same shoulder. 

Good luck to you McCoy. I think you made a poor choice decision.

How can you say he made a poor decision when you don't know what the Colts and the other teams were offering him ? If the offer the Colts (if they even did make an offer) made was not at least similar to Carolina's , he would be a fool to accept it. And for what it's worth Newton's shoulder issue is said to be not all that serious.

17 hours ago, dw49 said:

How can you say he made a poor decision when you don't know what the Colts and the other teams were offering him ? If the offer the Colts (if they even did make an offer) made was not at least similar to Carolina's , he would be a fool to accept it. And for what it's worth Newton's shoulder issue is said to be not all that serious.

The decision to not seek out the Colts and entice them to make an offer is what I question. Colts had a need at the position, an ascending defense, a team that is ready to make a run and boatloads of cash. My thought is he should have chosen to visit the Colts first and convinced CB he was a guy that could get them to a Super Bowl.

I wish Newton the best of luck with his shoulder.