Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders sign Incognito..........

coltsfansince65

34 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Guy hasn't played in a year. Does anybody even care?

I read that yesterday. What a weird move! They are getting rid of all their top players but signing Incognito. :scratch: 

He does look like a Raider. He fits in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

It is truly a 1 year prove it deal- on and off the field.

The guy is a talented player between the lines, no doubt.  It was everything else that derailed him, including his claims the he had health issues.

Looks like Chucky has a plan now lol

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Raiders are really trying to be the team chosen for "Hard Knocks" by HBO...  :funny:

Jon's brother Jay is pushing for it too!

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/jay-gruden-makes-his-vote-extremely-clear-who-should-be-hbos-hard-knocks

Oh, and there is this nugget on Richie Incognito from August 2018-

"Incognito agreed to plead guilty to charges of criminal damage and disorderly conduct -- both Class 1 misdemeanors in Arizona -- after he punched a fist-sized hole in a wall in the living room and ripped a security system’s control box off the wall during an argument with his (90 year old) grandmother at her house on Aug. 19, 2018.

Incognito was ordered to take 10 weekly anger-management sessions and pay a $569 fine. He also was given one year of unsupervised probation per terms of the agreement. He was ordered to stay away from his grandmother’s home, stay on his medication, avoid alcohol, not possess firearms and write a letter of apology."

I just do not see him making it through the season without incident.  On the field, he's talented. Everywhere else, severely lacking.

Maybe, Gruden is trying to relieving the days, back when the Raiders were notoriously known for, as signing  veterans that are on their last journey in the NFL, and trying to make it work. Sort of like Burt Reynolds putting together the squad on "The Longest, Yard". Maybe that movie will be standard showing in their game film's room this season.   

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 4:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Incognito, still the funniest and fake name of all-time. I can't believe anyone would sign that guy. Then you have the Raiders of course haha 

A few years ago there was a rather large group on this very forum that wanted to the Colts to sign Incognito.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:36 AM, pacolts56 said:

Richie Incognito is a New Jersey gangster and a thug.

I never realized he was from New Jersey. I bet he did not live there long. I see he graduated high school from Arizona. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

A few years ago there was a rather large group on this very forum that wanted to the Colts to sign Incognito.

Weren't you among them? Serious question. I recall several Colts fans being against signing Incognito, with @ColtsBlueFL speaking out against it most. That is when I signed on to the forum. It was the first place where I found fans who had the same views of Incognito as I did. 

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Weren't you one among them? Serious question. I recall several Colts fans being against signing Incognito, with @ColtsBlueFL speaking out against it most. That is when I signed on to the forum. It was the first place where I found fans who had the same views of Incognito as I did. 

No, I was not.  I don't mind second chances, but if I am going to support a team, I draw the line at thugs who still behave like thugs. 

I am not a fan that believes, overlooking inexcusable behavior just because that person may help my favorite team win a ball game.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No, I was not.  I don't mind second chances, but if I am going to support a team, I draw the line at thugs who still behave like thugs. 

I am not a fan that believes, overlooking inexcusable behavior just because that person may help my favorite team win a ball game.  

I completely agree there. I'd rather lose with players of good character than win with guys with bad character. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I completely agree there. I'd rather lose with players of good character than win with guys with bad character. 

Same.  Incognito has a bevy of incidents against him. I remember the Dolphins fiasco, and eventually learned J. Martin played a role in fueling that dumpster fire. But that never means I give an inch back to Incognito.  I want no part of any player that separates and sows discord among the players. Then tack on all of the other items...  no.

His recent argument with his 90 year old grandmother tells me he still has not learned.  He wont last.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 5:36 AM, pacolts56 said:

Maybe this'll help.....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-report-richie-incognito-wanted-to-cut-off-his-dead-fathers-head-at-funeral-home/

Richie Incognito is a New Jersey gangster and a thug.

I think this realationship was hugely complicated....    I think it was HIGHLY abusive.   I remember reading stories that basically indicated Father thought he needed to make his son as tough as could be to get through life.     

Maybe the son wanted to see if his father's brain suffered what many football players suffer from?   Dunno....    I'm guessing....     but this is completely bizarre.

That said...    and while I believe in 2nd chances....    I personally wouldn't give this guy a first chance with my team,  much less a second.     There are just some people that do not belong on a football team no matter how talented.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think this realationship was hugely complicated....    I think it was HIGHLY abusive.   I remember reading stories that basically indicated Father thought he needed to make his son as tough as could be to get through life.     

Maybe the son wanted to see if his father's brain suffered what many football players suffer from?   Dunno....    I'm guessing....     but this is completely bizarre.

That said...    and while I believe in 2nd chances....    I personally wouldn't give this guy a first chance with my team,  much less a second.     There are just some people that do not belong on a football team no matter how talented.    

Bizarre indeed.... all I know is that the Raiders now have Incognito, Vontez Burfict and Antonio Brown in their locker room.

Talk about combustible! :Nuke:

• Thanks 1