Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

30 minutes interview with Chris Ballard

stitches

1 minute ago, Farns01 said:

His perspective on players from smaller schools might take more time to develope because of lack of facilities and good coaching.  Maybe Fountain will show some skill this year. 

TY, Campbell, Funch, Cain and Johnson. He had better do a

180 degree reversal from last year or he won't make the cut.

Honestly....   for the first time on nearly 2.5 years as our GM, Ballard has given an interview that I’m NOT impressed with.

And it’s not Ballard’s fault.

The problem was the hosts, both of whom were terrible.   And I’m normally a big fan of Zierlein.    But there just wasn’t enough football talk for me.  Too much other stuff.   Too much stuff where the hosts and the guests were cracking each other up because they know each other.  But I wasn’t enjoying that.

The bar is set very high for me with Ballard.   If you ask the right questions, he’ll pretty much talk all day.   Not enough good questions led to too many poor answers for my liking.

If course, this is just my view...   your mileage may vary...

47 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

TY, Campbell, Funch, Cain and Johnson. He had better do a

180 degree reversal from last year or he won't make the cut.

He was progressing just fine last year. When Ishmael was called up from the PS it was supposed to be Fountain - though the FO sent him home for a family matter and brought up Ismael instead.

Later in the year he was officially added again - and though he dropped the WIDE OPEN TD pass versus the Chiefs he did perform a beautiful double move to get himself that wide open.

I believe in what the film showed, what he showed at the East West Shrine Game, and what he showed the last pre-season game last year as well - and I believe what Ballard said about getting him a bit of seasoning before we would see him playing on Sunday's.

This is his year to make the squad.

• Like 2