Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

horseshoecrabs

Don't think G M'Coy will play factor in our team

6 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Ya completely lost me here though....   while I do use a time released pain control patch.... and have been prescribed other pain management medicine....  I have no idea if my opiates are above average. lol  :default_20smile: 

As for my perspicacity, I have no more, nor any better, insight than anyone else on these boards.  My opinion and $1.08 will get me a snickers at Speedway....  I'm not sure I follow you here, but hope we're able to get along just fine....  Comrade?

Anyway.....  It should be interesting to see what happens on the McCoy front this week, I expect he may wait until after OTA's to decide? more time for team officials to focus on him, and less on the teams?  We'll find out soon who he chooses I would think....  Go Colts!  as a team and fanbase, WE are in for a highly anticipated year! :jump:

It's all good Shafty138! You should have called me out.  I let my emotions get the best of my analytical side. lol

Well it's not official yet, but it looks like the Panthers are the last team McCoy is going to visit.

So it's Browns, Ravens, or Panthers. My post started saying McCoy will not be a factor for the Colts, I think to clarify what I meant was to say, due to the money he still can demand, Ballard was adamant, about what he was worth to us in, dollars & cents. A player can check all of the boxes that you convent, as what you want in a player, but the logical bottom line after that, is he worth that use of cap space for our team? Ballard seems to not think so. 

13 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Well it's not official yet, but it looks like the Panthers are the last team McCoy is going to visit. 

So it's Browns, Ravens, or Panthers.

It was reported his list was short, and he wasn't going to fly all around talking to teams.

There is no question the Colts reached out to his agent, but I somehow get the feeling to price range asked was far from the dollar value placed on the player.  McCoy fits, would be a great addition, but I feel he is not a 'reset the market' guy.  So if one of those 3 teams decides to approach or give the 13 million Bruce Arians refused to pay, more power to them.

When McCoy makes his choice, we'll see what it took.  And like many other FA's we didn't sign earlier this year, some people on here might be saying once more "wow, I'm glad we didn't get him at that price... that's insane!"  We will see.  Maybe there isn't a team lying in the weeds to strike late on this one.