Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't think G M'Coy will play factor in our team

Being that Gerrard McCoy will not be a player in the Colts defense due to what money he wants, I strongly suggest we move on from him. If he was A team player and was about winning Championships, then he might have been an option  for us.  We don't need players who are not on board with us period.  I think he is a excellent player, but his mind has to be right   to want to join us now. otherwise  A strong  PASS!

There should be no confusion, Ether he wants to be part of our journey an  have a chance to win championships or not. I  feel at his point for him he can still make money with the right incentive. But do you want to be part of something  special or do you care at this point and if  it's just about making money., regardless of what our team does, then we are not the team you want to play on. 

No reason to think he can't be a contributing piece of the Colt culture. He's a stand up guy according to every report I've read. However, we're not the only contender who is interested in him. If he can win and get paid too, that's the name of the game; there are only a few years left in his career. I DO believe he fits this team perfectly. If the price is right, its a great match. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Being that Gerrard McCoy will not be a player in the Colts defense due to what money he wants, I strongly suggest we move on from him. If he was A team player and was about winning Championships, then he might have been an option  for us.  We don't need players who are not on board with us period.  I think he is a excellent player, but his mind has to be right   to want to join us now. otherwise  A strong  PASS!

Boy talk about passive aggressive!  The guy is doing his due diligence and is trying to secure, possibly, the last pay day he ever gets. He owes the Colts no elegance unless he actually signs. At that point, as Hoose mentioned, there is no reason to think, based on his history, that he wouldn't be all in for the team.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

There should be no confusion, Ether he wants to be part of our journey an  have a chance to win championships or not. I  feel at his point for him he can still make money with the right incentive. But do you want to be part of something  special or do you care at this point and if  it's just about making money., regardless of what our team does, then we are not the team you want to play on. 

First, I honestly don't know if you are aware, but at the bottom of your post, the edit button lets you go back and add to a previous post.

Now...

What's this we, and us, our?   You come across as a 10 year veteran special teams guy in these posts....  

I get it, we all love the Colts.  This team though, is just one of 32.  They aren't some mystical, once in a lifetime, outrageously different team from the other 31....  Seems the MB part of the Colts fan base can get a little self absorbed and self-righteous at times...  It's great to be a fan, especially of this team, at this time...  but, keep it in perspective.  

Also, what are you talking about in regards to Gerald McCoy?  All reports are  he has always been a man of outstanding character, and does a ton of work in the community, of his own accord....  He's not allowed to try and get himself the best "job" he can, and be an Indianapolis Colt's employee at the same time?  because "we" are some special,exceptional team, different from the other 31?  C'mon man!!!!   lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

What's this we, and us, our?   You come across as a 10 year veteran special teams guy in these posts....  

I get it, we all love the Colts.  This team though, is just one of 32.  They aren't some mystical, once in a lifetime, outrageously different team from the other 31....  Seems the MB part of the Colts fan base can get a little self absorbed and self-righteous at times...  It's great to be a fan, especially of this team, at this time...  but, keep it in perspective.  

Also, what are you talking about in regards to Gerald McCoy?  All reports are  he has always been a man of outstanding character, and does a ton of work in the community, of his own accord....  He's not allowed to try and get himself the best "job" he can, and be an Indianapolis Colt's employee at the same time?  because "we" are some special,exceptional team, different from the other 31?  C'mon man!!!!   lol.

Not to start anything but what is the big deal with someone using "we", I do it all the time and most fans do it actually. As a fan when you have went to a ton of games in a lifetime spending money, spend money on their merchandise, and take losses hard, I do not see the big deal. Regarding McCoy, I agree with you there for calling horses out. McCoy is a good player and has good character. I think he would be a nice fit here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not to start anything but what is the big deal with someone using "we", I do it all the time and most fans do it actually. As a fan when you have went to a ton of games in a lifetime spending money, spend money on their merchandise, and take losses hard, I do not see the big deal. Regarding McCoy, I agree with you there for calling horses out. McCoy is a good player and has good character. I think he would be a nice fit here.

I do it as well, I think all fans do, and it's not wrong... just not in the sanctimonious manner, or aggressive tone, that the OP did.

The part where they "strongly suggested the team not do" whatever

I didn't make that part too clear I see now.... my bad ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

I do it as well, just not in the sanctimonious manner, or aggressive tone, that the OP did, I didn't make that part too clear I see now.... my bad ;)

It's all good, thanks for explaining. I just know some people that hate it when some use "we", etc.. I do not have a problem with it. Regarding McCoy, the OP made no sense to me and was off IMO, so you are right on with your post.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Agreed. The guy is a class act. Too bad the Vikings have no cap space. I would have loved McCoy. I'm not sure if he would be a fit scheme-wise but as a person he would fit right in. Why would any Colts fan not want McCoy?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I'm glad he cleared it up for MOST everyone.
 He wants to play for winner.

13 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Nothing wrong with a player trying to secure financial compensation for himself and his family for their future!

If Billionaire owners can quibble over a handful of millions why shouldn't individual players whose years of earning potential is limited.

I totally agree and I would do the same thing if I were him

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

"We don't need players who are not on board with us period."

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I do it as well, I think all fans do, and it's not wrong... just not in the sanctimonious manner, or aggressive tone, that the OP did.

I don't mind people refer to the team as a we.  But like you, not when presenting very strong 'opinions'  that the team and/or others may or may not agree with.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

I'm glad he cleared it up for MOST everyone.
 He wants to play for winner.

And the Colts are not the only 'winner'.  There will be 6 winners in the AFC that will play in the posr season.  He just wants to be on one of those 6 clubs. Once in, anything can happen.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Agreed. The guy is a class act. Too bad the Vikings have no cap space. I would have loved McCoy. I'm not sure if he would be a fit scheme-wise but as a person he would fit right in. Why would any Colts fan not want McCoy?

Hard to imagine not wanting him, but he is not as disruptive as a few years ago so salary is a concern (I kind of agree with the poster(s) that suggest 9.5-10 mil per year, 1 maybe 2). The other I feel concerns others is can we still get enough reps in to develop the younger guys with so many vets on the D line.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

The only time I use personal pronouns when referring to Princeton Community and sometimes Southern Indiana. I haven’t earned the right to use them anywhere else

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Hard to imagine not wanting him, but he is not as disruptive as a few years ago so salary is a concern (I kind of agree with the poster(s) that suggest 9.5-10 mil per year, 1 maybe 2). The other I feel concerns others is can we still get enough reps in to develop the younger guys with so many vets on the D line.

I'm not sure he's much less disruptive than he's ever been.... 

last 5 years.....  sacks = 8.5, 8.5, 6.5, 6, 6

QB Hits = 13, 17, 13, 22, 21

TFL = 13, 8, 6, 14, 7.5

GAMES = 13, 15, 15, 15, 14

Not a big enough decline to scare me off....  no precipitous drop off....  slow, steady decline, for sure.  I don't recall watching a Bucs game since our great MNF comeback....  have they had any other talented DL inflating McCoy's play the last 5 years?

Rep wise, yeah, I think that would work itself out fine.  I don't think you miss out on much by putting Ward in the Ridgeway role, or letting McCoy duke it out and get his fair share of reps by taking what he can (and most likely would ) earn fairly from each UT on the roster fairly and equally.... without costing any crucial development.....  A guy like Ward isn't going to miss being an A or B+ starter because McCoy plays head of him for a year or so.... Ward is already 25, what he is by the end of this year, he most likely will be through his prime... Lewis I would want to make sure isn't stunted though....

wow... this post was supposed to be edited and added to my previous post... not sure how a new post happened... lol

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ok. I hear you. I still believe that McCoy would be a great addition to the Colts who are close to "winning now".

(Btw, did you see who the Raiders signed? :facepalm:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

First, I honestly don't know if you are aware, but at the bottom of your post, the edit button lets you go back and add to a previous post.

Now...

Ballard just seems to have his own system of when it comes down to money, he will not get in a bidding war for him. Does he fits most of Ballard's criteria, Absolutely, But he, if they are interested, will already have his maximin contract in mind that he is willing to go. That's all. Hey I like the guy and would love to have him. But I think that there are other teams willing to pay more.  So now do you understand ? It's not about the short term fit, It's about the money that if history is an indication Ballard wont waver. 

Hey guys , I 'm sorry I ruffled a few feathers in here, It was not my intention. I'm just frustrated that we had a chance at Suh, which in retrospect was probably not a good thing. I think McCoy would be a greater mentor as an accent to our young guys on the team. He fits the culture that we could use, so much that I am praying that we will sign him. but I am just scared that we will not sign him. And much to our fan base would love to in brace him, emotionally, Alas it depends on numbers and worth for our administrative department, who makes the call.     

Shafty138 I hope we can get along. I think I earned the right to say "We"  after over 60 years of being a Colts fan. and to reply to your concern over previous post ? I am aware I can add to the previous  post  lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think anyone who is a member of a fans internet message board,  and I'm talking ANY fans internet message board,  who likes the team enough to refer to it by saying "we" is perfectly fine by me.

As a member of the media,  you're never supposed to think in those terms.   I live Los Angeles,  and if I was still in the media,  I would not use the term "we" to cover any of the local teams.   But now that I'm more more a fan than I am a member of the media,  I can say "we" about the Rams, or Chargers, or Dodgers, or Lakers or any other LA team.

And so can all of you.    No one should give any fan any grief for saying "we"....

This is our community.   We all have the love of our Colts in common.    If we can't say "we",  then who can?

Sorry to sound like the old "get off my lawn" guy...    but as a fan of the Colts I never flinch or wince when I read someone write "we"....     I think it's great!   Or should I say....   Faaaan-Tastic! 

Don't see the need for any restrictions on that.....    I say it's all good!        :thmup:

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think anyone who is a member of a fans internet message board,  and I'm talking ANY fans internet message board,  who likes the team enough to refer to it by saying "we" is perfectly fine by me.

As a member of the media,  you're never supposed to think in those terms.   I live Los Angeles,  and if I was still in the media,  I would not use the term "we" to cover any of the local teams.   But now that I'm more more a fan than I am a member of the media,  I can say "we" about the Rams, or Chargers, or Dodgers, or Lakers or any other LA team.

And so can all of you.    No one should give any fan any grief for saying "we"....

This is our community.   We all have the love of our Colts in common.    If we can't say "we",  then who can?

Sorry to sound like the old "get off my lawn" guy...    but as a fan of the Colts I never flinch or wince when I read someone write "we"....     I think it's great!   Or should I say....   Faaaan-Tastic! 

Don't see the need for any restrictions on that.....    I say it's all good!        :thmup:

Great post, I agree. I also was born in Indianapolis and have been a fan of the Colts since 1984 and have been to around 50 games in my lifetime. I have always said "we" since I was 12 years old :thmup:.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Hoose said:

No reason to think he can't be a contributing piece of the Colt culture. He's a stand up guy according to every report I've read. However, we're not the only contender who is interested in him. If he can win and get paid too, that's the name of the game; there are only a few years left in his career. I DO believe he fits this team perfectly. If the price is right, its a great match. 

I agree totaly

11 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Well I view it more on the ambiguous side more that the sanctimonious matter in my perspective, .don't read into the aggressive tone  unless you perspicacity  is in your opium above average, more than  everyone else in this forum. If so, I Shure everyone salutes you comrade  for you incite. 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't believe that Shafty said that fans should not use the word "we" at all. I think his message got lost somewhere when people started to focus on the "we" part rather than his whole message.

Most fans say "we" when referring to their favorite team. There is nothing wrong with that. Shafty did not say it was. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't believe that Shafty said that fans should not use the word "we" at all. I think his message got lost somewhere when people started to focus on the "we" part rather than his whole message.

Most fans say "we" when referring to their favorite team. There is nothing wrong with that. Shafty did not say it was. 

Shafty explained it better in an above post, at first it looked like he had a problem with it but once he explained himself, he really doesn't. I still liked NewColts post though because some do have a problem with it for some odd reasons. I actually have a friend that I know personally and when I use the "we" term, he smarts off and says something like, I didn't know you played for the team. What position you play, etc.. I am just thinking whatever at that point.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I understand....    I'm just speaking broadly and generally....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Shafty138 I hope we can get along. I think I earned the right to say "We"  after over 60 years of being a Colts fan. and to reply to your concern over previous post ? I am aware I can add to the previous  post  lol.

We're good Mr. Crabs ;) You're a good contributor here, and maybe I just wasn't prepared for your level of emotion and personal investiture in this part of the sloooow offseason.  I respect your opinions, and there's certainly no beef here buddy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Well I view it more on the ambiguous side more that the sanctimonious matter in my perspective, .don't read into the aggressive tone  unless you perspicacity  is in your opium above average, more than  everyone else in this forum. If so, I Shure everyone salutes you comrade  for you incite. 

Ya completely lost me here though....   while I do use a time released pain control patch.... and have been prescribed other pain management medicine....  I have no idea if my opiates are above average. lol  :default_20smile: 

As for my perspicacity, I have no more, nor any better, insight than anyone else on these boards.  My opinion and $1.08 will get me a snickers at Speedway....  I'm not sure I follow you here, but hope we're able to get along just fine....  Comrade?

Anyway.....  It should be interesting to see what happens on the McCoy front this week, I expect he may wait until after OTA's to decide? more time for team officials to focus on him, and less on the teams?  We'll find out soon who he chooses I would think....  Go Colts!  as a team and fanbase, WE are in for a highly anticipated year! :jump:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Hey guys , I 'm sorry I ruffled a few feathers in here, It was not my intention. I'm just frustrated that we had a chance at Suh, which in retrospect was probably not a good thing. I think McCoy would be a greater mentor as an accent to our young guys on the team. He fits the culture that we could use, so much that I am praying that we will sign him. but I am just scared that we will not sign him. And much to our fan base would love to in brace him, emotionally, Alas it depends on numbers and worth for our administrative department, who makes the call.     

I use the word "we" when describing the Colts so much that people think I am French.

Oui Oui. haha