Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Irish YJ

2019 Offense Predictions

2019 Offense Predictions  

40 members have voted

  1. 1. Colts will rank what in total offense in 2019 (ranked 7th in 2018)

  2. 2. What will be most true about our offense in 2019

    • Both Passing and Rushing will be top 5
    • Passing will be top 5, but rushing will only be top 10
    • Rushing will be top 5, but passing will only be top 10
    • Both Passing and Rushing will be outside of the top 5
    • Luck will light it up, #1 passing offense, and rushing will be top 5 just like Frank said
    • Both will be outside of the top 10 (and pigs will fly out of my backside)
      0
  3. 3. What will be the truest story line of 2019

    • Luck, with a dominant OL, and a full box of toys, will be the top QB in the league
    • Mack, behind a gelling and improved line, will be one of the best backs (top 5) in the league
    • Hines will improve on his 700+ all purpose yards rookie season, and be one of the most dynamic all purpose guys in the league
    • Ware will be a world beater, killing it on 3rd and short, knocking people around on the goal line, and punishing tired DLs and LBs in the 4Q.
      0
    • TY will not be doubled, and will vie for best WR in the league
      0
    • Funch will be the career comeback story of the year, will hit 1000 yards, and have 4 or less drops
      0
    • Cain will be the injury comeback story of the year, and will hit 700+ yards and be the X we all hoped he'd be
    • Campbell will be offensive rookie of the year with 700+ yards, and will light it up on PRs
    • Rogers will take another big step forward, and cement his place with the Colts.
      0
    • Ebron will have another huge year, and lead us in receiving TDs again.
    • Doyle will be the injury comeback story of the year, and make us say "Ebron who"?
      0
    • Cox will out gain, and out TD both Ebron and Doyle
      0
    • Fountain, Pascal, or Jonson will come out of nowhere, and be one of our best WRs
      0
    • Somebody else (please list) will knock it out of the park, and be the darling of the NFL and a Colts fan favorite

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/01/2019 at 07:29 AM

Recommended Posts

A little fun with O predictions. I think we're done in FA on O (maybe not D), so figured I don't have to wait till late August.

 

Please explain your choices if you have time.

 

Closes Sep1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked 2nd total O, both passing and rushing will be top 5, and Luck will be #1.

 

Year 2 of a gelled OL with a healthy AC, year 2 of FR's system, 2 big adds to WR, and a RB with power will make us very dangerous in total O.

 

A healthy Mack, dynamic Hines, and a guy like Ware to pick up short yards and punish teams late (not to mention give Mack a rest) will be huge.

 

And.... Luck won't know what to do with all his new toys. TY not being doubled is HUGE. Speed options at Slot (PC) and X (Cain if healthy) will keep Ds on their toes. Ebron, Doyle, and Funchess will kill it across the middle and in the RZ. Luck is a lucky guy this year. It's about time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I picked 2nd total O, both passing and rushing will be top 5, and Luck will be #1.

 

Year 2 of a gelled OL with a healthy AC, year 2 of FR's system, 2 big adds to WR, and a RB with power will make us very dangerous in total O.

 

A healthy Mack, dynamic Hines, and a guy like Ware to pick up short yards and punish teams late (not to mention give Mack a rest) will be huge.

 

And.... Luck won't know what to do with all his new toys. TY not being doubled is HUGE. Speed options at Slot (PC) and X (Cain if healthy) will keep Ds on their toes. Ebron, Doyle, and Funchess will kill it across the middle and in the RZ. Luck is a lucky guy this year. It's about time.

You pretty much covered it there.... I voted the same except I have us 3rd overall... figuring that a couple teams like the Saints and maybe KC will light it up too. 

 

One way or another.... defenses will have their hands full, and I really like that this isn't just some finesse gimmick offense, but a very balanced one that can physically pound the opposition OR compete in a track meet, if need be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

You pretty much covered it there.... I voted the same except I have us 3rd overall... figuring that a couple teams like the Saints and maybe KC will light it up too. 

 

One way or another.... defenses will have their hands full, and I really like that this isn't just some finesse gimmick offense, but a very balanced one that can physically pound the opposition OR compete in a track meet, if need be. 

 

there are so many of the story lines that could be true that i listed. good Lord this is the most optimistic I've been since the Manning years (on our O).

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think much of the O stats will be dependent on the Defense.  If the D plays well, our O stats will suffer in a good way.   Less passing, less rushing, less everything needed.  Less risk taking needed and not as many heroic massive 4th quarter comebacks.  If the D suffers, as it could, by being too small in the front 7 and our corner play doesn't go as we hoped, then likely we'll have the fire power to outscore most teams as needed.  So having huge O stats isn't always conducive to winning.   That is why Brady's numbers have been less impressive and why the Jacksonville QB fooled people as much as he did playing garbage time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 3:05 AM, JPFolks said:

I think much of the O stats will be dependent on the Defense.  If the D plays well, our O stats will suffer in a good way.   Less passing, less rushing, less everything needed.  Less risk taking needed and not as many heroic massive 4th quarter comebacks.  If the D suffers, as it could, by being too small in the front 7 and our corner play doesn't go as we hoped, then likely we'll have the fire power to outscore most teams as needed.  So having huge O stats isn't always conducive to winning.   That is why Brady's numbers have been less impressive and why the Jacksonville QB fooled people as much as he did playing garbage time.   

Sure, D play will impact O play calling, but there are teams that have top 5 or 6 Os and Ds (Pitt last year for example). 

 

We play 7 of the 11 best Os this year. I'm going to bet our O is more high octane than last, even vs the lesser O teams where our D is sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at the poll numbers.

 

I guess most don't believe Reich's top 5 rushing commitment :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Just looked at the poll numbers.

 

I guess most don't believe Reich's top 5 rushing commitment :-)

 

I think it could be done behind this great young OL. I just think with how good Luck is and the added weapons around him, they’ll wanna exploit their lethal aerial attack this season. Not that they won’t run the ball in dominant fashion when they feel like doing so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Just looked at the poll numbers.

 

I guess most don't believe Reich's top 5 rushing commitment :-)

I think people are misunderstanding when he says that. He wants to use play action more and be able to run when they want to. When he says that he is taking about the oline. Being able to get more yards per run ect. If Mack hadn’t been injured we probably would of been top ten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted 2nd overall in offense. No reason why but I figure why get cocky and vote 1st lol. I voted top 5 passing offense, top 10 rush offense. I think we will be #1 in pass offense. I then voted Luck will be the top QB in the league with his toys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think people are misunderstanding when he says that. He wants to use play action more and be able to run when they want to. When he says that he is taking about the oline. Being able to get more yards per run ect. If Mack hadn’t been injured we probably would of been top ten.

normalized for the injury, Mack would have been 5th or 6th.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

 

I think it could be done behind this great young OL. I just think with how good Luck is and the added weapons around him, they’ll wanna exploit their lethal aerial attack this season. Not that they won’t run the ball in dominant fashion when they feel like doing so. 

I truly think they can do both this year (top 5 passing and rushing).

On paper, there simply shouldn't be any weaknesses. 

 

QB - Luck in year 2 of FR's system

OL - greatly improved last year, gelled, and in year 2 now with a healthy AC

TE - Ebron plus a healthy (?) Doyle, plus Cox getting great reviews

XWR - added Funch + a healthy (?) Cain

ZWR - Healthy TY

Slot - Rogers (who himself took a big step forward last year), and super dynamic Campbell

RB - A healthy Mack

PRB - added ware for short yardage, and late game pounding

APB - Hines had 700+ APY in his rookie year.

 

I just don't see much to exploit. Teams can't double TY this year while stacking the box for the run. They'll have to defend every inch of turf. And our OL isn't going to make any DL's job easy so long as Q is anchoring. If Reich is a decent coach, opposing Ds won't be able to plug all the holes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Just looked at the poll numbers.

 

I guess most don't believe Reich's top 5 rushing commitment :-)

I’m still thinking my way through this. But I imagine most do not  think Mack has the durability to sustain a full season.  

 

Personally i I am still not sold on Mack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

I’m still thinking my way through this. But I imagine most do not  think Mack has the durability to sustain a full season.  

 

Personally i I am still not sold on Mack 

Honestly I wasn't sold on Mack when we drafted him. When he got back, he kicked my doubts in the melons. He'll never be a bruiser short yardage guy, but he's a good RB who can be top 7ish. 

 

Adding Ware IMO will be huge. Short yardage, and late game punishment.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

Honestly I wasn't sold on Mack when we drafted him. When he got back, he kicked my doubts in the melons. He'll never be a bruiser short yardage guy, but he's a good RB who can be top 7ish. 

 

Adding Ware IMO will be huge. Short yardage, and late game punishment.

I agree.  But I am hoping Mack can play a full season along with Ware will add some season longevity.       

 

My hope still rest on Hines more than Mack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerekDiggler said:

I agree.  But I am hoping Mack can play a full season along with Ware will add some season longevity.       

 

My hope still rest on Hines more than Mack 

Hines will be electric now that we have surrounding weapons.

 

Mack, now with a legit guy like Ware to handle bully carries, will be healthier for the year IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Remember,  we are not debating whether Spring is doable.   I've stated from the beginning that I agree.    It's not as bad as some here think it is.    It's doable,   No question.   We are debating whether Spring is preferable, or desireable.    So, when you write,  that you don't think you have to say more about an issue,  any issue,  I'm sorry,   but NO!     You DO have to say more.  A heckuva lot more.    Because YOU have the burden of proof.    My position is the Industry Standard.   Your's has, by comparison,  a handful of examples.   Some are recent.   That's great.   But I view that as a nod to the position that it's doable.    You view it as a possibility that it might soon become the norm.   I'm happy to wait until that actually happens.   As to your primary argument.....    that all the prep work has been done,  and if you make the changes in winter,  that the GM is not up to speed on what the current scouts and player personnel people have done.    Except there is this......   Your argument that you yourself use to others here who complain that changing in the spring is bad.   To quote you....   it's just one draft.    One free agency period.    And there will soon be another,  and then another....   and another.   One season is nothing in the grand scheme of things.   That is what you wrote (roughly) to posters who think making the GM change in the spring is outright terrible and stupid.    Which I strongly disagree with their positin.   Your argument makes my argument for me.    I want the new GM in the building ASAP.    So he can sooner evaluate his players.    His front office.    His scouts.    The entire program.   Waiting until May or June just delays that.    I want it to begin ASAP.   I'd expect that he can and would be able to make some level of difference in his first free agency and draft.    Plus,  I think you way, way over-dramatize the handicap the new GM has arriving in January.   He's the GM.    He's already got a ton of information in his head,  and in his notebooks, his binders.    He's not in as much of a bind as you like to portray.     So, with your desired scenario, this draft could be used for a system that the new GM doesn't even want to run.    Like Chuck running a 3-4,  when Ballard wants to run a 4-3.    Like Chuck wanted to run a power running game and a deep pattern passing game.    While Ballard favors a zone running game and a get rid of the ball quick, move the chains offense.     In your preferred scenario,  you're the one who is burning the first year the GM has,  not me.     I see little of the benefits and mostly an approach that screams....   "Gee,  I hope this works out."   By the way,  I didn't want this post to end without addressing one of your main points.   Your paragraph that starts with this:   My Point:  There are always good candidates...   same is true for head coaches and coordinators.    I'm sorry,  but I'm going to STRONGLY disagree with that argument.  And I think you'll retract that.    Every so often you'll see an article about how did the class of GM's from a previous year turn out?   Or head coach hires?    I used to tell posters here who hated Pagano that the class of head coaches that included Chuck,  that all of the other coaches got fired before Chuck.    That Chuck was the best of his class.   And that happens with GM's too.   A class gets hired,  and quite often most of them, sometimes all of them don't work out.   I believe my position has far more facts to back that up.    There isn't always a Sean McVey.  There isn't always a Kyle Shannahan.   There isn't always a Josh McDaniels.   There aren't 32 good GM's, or 32 good head coaches,  or 32 good offensive or defensive coordinators.   That's why so many teams struggle for years to get those spots right.   So, no, I absolutely reject the idea that there are always good candidates.    Sorry.   I know you believe what you're writing.   But honestly, this feels like one big thought experiment. Like you're trying to make a case for something you really don't believe,  but you're trying to see if you can make a good argument anyway.   And yet I know that's NOT the case.    That you really, honestly do believe this.    That's what I find so astonishing.    There's lots of opinion,  and not a lot of evidence to back this up.    As I've said from the get-go....   I think this is doable.    I just don't think it's desireable or preferable.  
    • To your last paragraph....   yes,  I agree that if a GM,  any GM, inherits a bad roster,  then no matter how OK his draft picks may be,   they will likely stick on the roster.   But if you're a GM inheriting a poor team,  and you draft players that are only somewhat better than what you originally had,  then the improvement in the team will only be so good.   Again,  from 4 wis,  to perhaps 6-7.    That wouldn't be bad.    That would be reasonable.   But when you suddenly pop to 10 wins,  including 9 of the last 10 in the regular season,  and you win on the road in the playoffs,   then there's got to be something more there than just the GM's new guys.    Those guys have got to be good.    You can't do that well simply because they're better than the previous guys.    They're much better.    Yes, the coaching staff is better and the systems the team is running are better,  but so are the players.    They have to execute.    And we did.   Better than we thought possible.    Certainly better than when we were 1-5 and looked like a candidate for a top-10 or even a top-5 draft pick.    The players are good.   They may not be great yet,  but they're really good and much better than what we had.    The results are all the proof you need.   Again,  thanks for the exchange....  
    • I missed the first couple innings, was keeping track on phone, didn’t realize things got chippy with the benches clearing after the Contreras HR! Seems the Cubs were playing with a little extra edge tonight, I love it!!! 
    • and then NE goes into KC and throws for 350 and Sony runs for 100+ on them. our O, and O game plan just sucked.   i get KC was good, but our O just sucked.
  • Members

    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,321

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SOMDColtsfan

      SOMDColtsfan 420

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nate!

      Nate! 44

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Franklin County

      Franklin County 452

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 7,668

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Smonroe

      Smonroe 9,354

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DaveA1102

      DaveA1102 1,864

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...