Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 Offense Predictions

EastStreet

2019 Offense Predictions  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Colts will rank what in total offense in 2019 (ranked 7th in 2018)

2. 2. What will be most true about our offense in 2019

• Both Passing and Rushing will be top 5
    • Passing will be top 5, but rushing will only be top 10
    • Rushing will be top 5, but passing will only be top 10
    • Both Passing and Rushing will be outside of the top 5
    • Luck will light it up, #1 passing offense, and rushing will be top 5 just like Frank said
    • Both will be outside of the top 10 (and pigs will fly out of my backside)
  3. 3. What will be the truest story line of 2019

• Luck, with a dominant OL, and a full box of toys, will be the top QB in the league
    • Mack, behind a gelling and improved line, will be one of the best backs (top 5) in the league
    • Hines will improve on his 700+ all purpose yards rookie season, and be one of the most dynamic all purpose guys in the league
    • Ware will be a world beater, killing it on 3rd and short, knocking people around on the goal line, and punishing tired DLs and LBs in the 4Q.
    • TY will not be doubled, and will vie for best WR in the league
    • Funch will be the career comeback story of the year, will hit 1000 yards, and have 4 or less drops
    • Cain will be the injury comeback story of the year, and will hit 700+ yards and be the X we all hoped he'd be
    • Campbell will be offensive rookie of the year with 700+ yards, and will light it up on PRs
    • Rogers will take another big step forward, and cement his place with the Colts.
    • Ebron will have another huge year, and lead us in receiving TDs again.
    • Doyle will be the injury comeback story of the year, and make us say "Ebron who"?
    • Cox will out gain, and out TD both Ebron and Doyle
    • Fountain, Pascal, or Jonson will come out of nowhere, and be one of our best WRs
    • Somebody else (please list) will knock it out of the park, and be the darling of the NFL and a Colts fan favorite

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 07:29 AM

I picked 2nd total O, both passing and rushing will be top 5, and Luck will be #1.

Year 2 of a gelled OL with a healthy AC, year 2 of FR's system, 2 big adds to WR, and a RB with power will make us very dangerous in total O.

A healthy Mack, dynamic Hines, and a guy like Ware to pick up short yards and punish teams late (not to mention give Mack a rest) will be huge.

And.... Luck won't know what to do with all his new toys. TY not being doubled is HUGE. Speed options at Slot (PC) and X (Cain if healthy) will keep Ds on their toes. Ebron, Doyle, and Funchess will kill it across the middle and in the RZ. Luck is a lucky guy this year. It's about time.

7 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I picked 2nd total O, both passing and rushing will be top 5, and Luck will be #1.

Year 2 of a gelled OL with a healthy AC, year 2 of FR's system, 2 big adds to WR, and a RB with power will make us very dangerous in total O.

A healthy Mack, dynamic Hines, and a guy like Ware to pick up short yards and punish teams late (not to mention give Mack a rest) will be huge.

And.... Luck won't know what to do with all his new toys. TY not being doubled is HUGE. Speed options at Slot (PC) and X (Cain if healthy) will keep Ds on their toes. Ebron, Doyle, and Funchess will kill it across the middle and in the RZ. Luck is a lucky guy this year. It's about time.

You pretty much covered it there.... I voted the same except I have us 3rd overall... figuring that a couple teams like the Saints and maybe KC will light it up too. 

One way or another.... defenses will have their hands full, and I really like that this isn't just some finesse gimmick offense, but a very balanced one that can physically pound the opposition OR compete in a track meet, if need be. 

2 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

You pretty much covered it there.... I voted the same except I have us 3rd overall... figuring that a couple teams like the Saints and maybe KC will light it up too. 

One way or another.... defenses will have their hands full, and I really like that this isn't just some finesse gimmick offense, but a very balanced one that can physically pound the opposition OR compete in a track meet, if need be. 

there are so many of the story lines that could be true that i listed. good Lord this is the most optimistic I've been since the Manning years (on our O).

• Like 1

I think much of the O stats will be dependent on the Defense.  If the D plays well, our O stats will suffer in a good way.   Less passing, less rushing, less everything needed.  Less risk taking needed and not as many heroic massive 4th quarter comebacks.  If the D suffers, as it could, by being too small in the front 7 and our corner play doesn't go as we hoped, then likely we'll have the fire power to outscore most teams as needed.  So having huge O stats isn't always conducive to winning.   That is why Brady's numbers have been less impressive and why the Jacksonville QB fooled people as much as he did playing garbage time.   

On 5/25/2019 at 3:05 AM, JPFolks said:

I think much of the O stats will be dependent on the Defense.  If the D plays well, our O stats will suffer in a good way.   Less passing, less rushing, less everything needed.  Less risk taking needed and not as many heroic massive 4th quarter comebacks.  If the D suffers, as it could, by being too small in the front 7 and our corner play doesn't go as we hoped, then likely we'll have the fire power to outscore most teams as needed.  So having huge O stats isn't always conducive to winning.   That is why Brady's numbers have been less impressive and why the Jacksonville QB fooled people as much as he did playing garbage time.   

Sure, D play will impact O play calling, but there are teams that have top 5 or 6 Os and Ds (Pitt last year for example). 

We play 7 of the 11 best Os this year. I'm going to bet our O is more high octane than last, even vs the lesser O teams where our D is sound.

37 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Just looked at the poll numbers.

I guess most don't believe Reich's top 5 rushing commitment :-)

I think it could be done behind this great young OL. I just think with how good Luck is and the added weapons around him, they’ll wanna exploit their lethal aerial attack this season. Not that they won’t run the ball in dominant fashion when they feel like doing so. 

2 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I think people are misunderstanding when he says that. He wants to use play action more and be able to run when they want to. When he says that he is taking about the oline. Being able to get more yards per run ect. If Mack hadn’t been injured we probably would of been top ten.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think people are misunderstanding when he says that. He wants to use play action more and be able to run when they want to. When he says that he is taking about the oline. Being able to get more yards per run ect. If Mack hadn’t been injured we probably would of been top ten.

normalized for the injury, Mack would have been 5th or 6th.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I think it could be done behind this great young OL. I just think with how good Luck is and the added weapons around him, they’ll wanna exploit their lethal aerial attack this season. Not that they won’t run the ball in dominant fashion when they feel like doing so. 

I truly think they can do both this year (top 5 passing and rushing).

On paper, there simply shouldn't be any weaknesses. 

QB - Luck in year 2 of FR's system

OL - greatly improved last year, gelled, and in year 2 now with a healthy AC

TE - Ebron plus a healthy (?) Doyle, plus Cox getting great reviews

XWR - added Funch + a healthy (?) Cain

ZWR - Healthy TY

Slot - Rogers (who himself took a big step forward last year), and super dynamic Campbell

RB - A healthy Mack

PRB - added ware for short yardage, and late game pounding

APB - Hines had 700+ APY in his rookie year.

I just don't see much to exploit. Teams can't double TY this year while stacking the box for the run. They'll have to defend every inch of turf. And our OL isn't going to make any DL's job easy so long as Q is anchoring. If Reich is a decent coach, opposing Ds won't be able to plug all the holes. 

7 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I’m still thinking my way through this. But I imagine most do not  think Mack has the durability to sustain a full season.  

Personally i I am still not sold on Mack 

2 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

I’m still thinking my way through this. But I imagine most do not  think Mack has the durability to sustain a full season.  

Personally i I am still not sold on Mack 

Honestly I wasn't sold on Mack when we drafted him. When he got back, he kicked my doubts in the melons. He'll never be a bruiser short yardage guy, but he's a good RB who can be top 7ish. 

Adding Ware IMO will be huge. Short yardage, and late game punishment.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

Honestly I wasn't sold on Mack when we drafted him. When he got back, he kicked my doubts in the melons. He'll never be a bruiser short yardage guy, but he's a good RB who can be top 7ish. 

Adding Ware IMO will be huge. Short yardage, and late game punishment.

I agree.  But I am hoping Mack can play a full season along with Ware will add some season longevity.       

My hope still rest on Hines more than Mack 

1 hour ago, DerekDiggler said:

I agree.  But I am hoping Mack can play a full season along with Ware will add some season longevity.       

My hope still rest on Hines more than Mack 

Hines will be electric now that we have surrounding weapons.

Mack, now with a legit guy like Ware to handle bully carries, will be healthier for the year IMO.

• Like 1