Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack Left Mack Right Mack up the Middle

throwing BBZ

image.png.219e95d16a1ab9df73c7071e8be288aa.png

This is what Q was wearing at yesterdays fan appreciation event.
 I was pumped seeing that. No Mercy!
 Gotta have me one. This is a favorite memory from an old friend when he was 
cheering on his Bears. Walter to the left...  
Walter was surely one of my favorite all-timers.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Lef said:

Year 2 of same offensive line, commitment by coach to be a great running team, threatening passing game =  Mack is gonna put up crazy good numbers (assuming he stays healthy).  

That is one big assumption.  He needs to come through for us to be a top 5.  We can only hope he does.  

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is my favorite Colts RB of all-time. 1987 was an awesome season. On Halloween night in 1988 vs Denver, I thought he was going for 300 haha 

I still remember the helmet to helmet hit in the hole with Singletary and a TD by ED with his facemask sideways and only looking thru his ear hole....

Halloween of 87 is when I became a Colts fan.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We stunk from 1984-1986, then the Dick came in 1987 and put us on the map in 1987. He was so great.

Yessir. I grew up watching Da Bears there in northern Indiana and it took until that trade to have me switch loyalties to the hometown team!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I can't debate that because he played here longer and put up huge numbers here much longer. Dickerson was my 1st favorite player here though. 

I loved Pat Beach.   He lived above my grandma in an apartment complex in Carmel.   Super cool guy.    He would come fish with me behind their building

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I loved Pat Beach.   He lived above my grandma in an apartment complex in Carmel.   Super cool guy.    He would come fish with me behind their building

Pat Beach a blast from the past. He was a good player. I always liked Bill Brooks too back in the days when we stunk even.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is my favorite Colts RB of all-time. 1987 was an awesome season. On Halloween night in 1988 vs Denver, I thought he was going for 300 haha 

I was in college at a fraternity party when two brothers (from Indy ) told me about the trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

That's cool. Terrence Wilkins live in the apartment above my mom. I was a sophomore in high school at the time. He always called me "little man". I was 6'4", 200 back then....towered over him, lol. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

That's cool. Terrence Wilkins live in the apartment above my mom. I was a sophomore in high school at the time. He always called me "little man". I was 6'4", 200 back then....towered over him, lol. 

I always love hearing great stories from the real old school fans. I got Jim Harbaugh's autograph on a pic when I went to the Colts/Chargers game back in 1996. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought it was a dream when we got him in a trade. I was in highschool and was like this type of stuff never has happens in Indianapolis.

The Joe Washington trade was exciting too. I think he lit it up his first game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richard pallo said:

That is one big assumption.  He needs to come through for us to be a top 5.  We can only hope he does.  

Which of the following did you mean?

He needs to come through, for us to be a top 5.

He needs to come through for us, to be a top 5.

Subtle difference, different meanings.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lef said:

Year 2 of same offensive line, commitment by coach to be a great running team, threatening passing game =  Mack is gonna put up crazy good numbers (assuming he stays healthy).  

I think that is very possible.   Spencer Ware may be the wold card though.   If he runs well, he could take allot of carries from Mack.  

7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Hit on Dickerson....what a bamf

1:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMO2Zg0Jg4

Go to about 2:15 in this one and Dickerson gets his revenge!

19 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I still remember the helmet to helmet hit in the hole with Singletary and a TD by ED with his facemask sideways and only looking thru his ear hole....

Halloween of 87 is when I became a Colts fan.

2:15 into this one.....

https://youtu.be/kt07v0Io1Lc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always love hearing great stories from the real old school fans. I got Jim Harbaugh's autograph on a pic when I went to the Colts/Chargers game back in 1996. 

16 hours ago, ColtJ82 said:

Years ago I caught a spring training game in West Palm Beach with the Yankees in town.

After the game as the team was loading in bus I saw Bobby Murcer toss a eaten apple in the garbage can.

haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2019 at 9:16 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I can't debate that because he played here longer and put up huge numbers here much longer. Dickerson was my 1st favorite player here though. 

Yeah, well, Jeff George was my first favorite Colt boy was I wrong...lol

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, HOZER said:

I was so wrong about that guy, :wall::Cry:

It seemed like such a sure thing, but the Bama backs are hard to gauge. They play on an NFL team, at the collegiate level, so they demolish the opposition. Josh Jacobs doesn't seem like a workhorse stud to me, but everyone else is falling for the ol' Bama allure. I liked Harris more honestly, when I scouted them, but I guess time will tell. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 5:01 PM, throwing BBZ said:

image.png.219e95d16a1ab9df73c7071e8be288aa.png

This is what Q was wearing at yesterdays fan appreciation event.
 I was pumped seeing that. No Mercy!
 Gotta have me one. This is a favorite memory from an old friend when he was 
cheering on his Bears. Walter to the left...  
Walter was surely one of my favorite all-timers.

"Sweetness" certainly was an all time great for sure!

On 5/23/2019 at 9:22 PM, jvan1973 said:

I always liked Pat Beach. The year the Colts came to Indy, I went to Lawrence North HS for one of the Colts meet and greets. Pat Beach put me on his shoulder so I could dunk a basketball. Great memory. 

• Like 1