Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron getting harassed by lions fans

Social media...and more importantly...person to person social media, has helped those who are self absorbed, angry, vindictive, delusional, and self centered, to act our their life in a manner that gives the illusion of grandeur. 

It used to be those *s who yelled at the players by sitting next to the dugouts, or behind the bench in the NBA. Now those *s, have a direct line to players. Yes, the player put themselves out there. But there are no excuses for rude behavior.  Saying, "Hey, your in the spotlight, you have to be thick skinned", is simply saying "It's the persons fault for becoming famous". No, it's selfish rudeness...period. BTW, players are also rude on social media. 

If one chooses to ignore what these media avenues are doing to our society as a whole...over time...then one is not paying attention. If you have grown up totally in the time of the internet, you would be unable to see what is being lost. It is profoundly sad. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm an old man so I'm clueless...what the heck could they possibly be harassing him about??  Geez...get a life, move on!

It was pretty bad... every time he tried to interact with Colts fans, the thread would just turn into a bunch of whiny Lions fans calling him some of the worst names you can call a person.

• Thanks 1

People like Ebron who are technically a millenial, but close enough to the older generation (Gen X?) to have grown up without social media until it was the giant it is today have this sort of problem.  You have those accounts to interact and converse, but most people anymore just want to say anything and then not be held accountable for it.  So if you can't distance yourself from the 99.9%  of trolling trash, stay away from it altogether.  Not really worth your time.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 9:51 PM, Chloe6124 said:

My guess is his time in Detroit was so bad he had some confrontations with lions fans. They need to move on. It seems he has grown up and matured. They are really pathetic.

Didn't you just describe 70% of all Twitter users? 

Laughed like heck when i saw article that Ebron is giving up honey buns in order to pursue Gronks record.

I think Ebron and Brissett do as much as any player to keep this team loose and having fun.

They both seem like they are having more fun than anyone else in the building.  Its infectious too.

What a pickup by Ballard.  Last offseason, Ebron wasnt getting much attention.  Now, he's looking like a top 5 TE.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

To start a career, in his time with Detroit he had top 5 # of catches in NFL history for TE's.
 A lot of issues still fall on him, but no doubt the team around him and the coaching staff was lacking something. 
 Many of those issues were still there last season, he just got in the end zone in our system. Kudos.

I will admit he has a lot of drops still.  But that's the biggest problem I see with him.  

16 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

People like Ebron who are technically a millenial, but close enough to the older generation (Gen X?) to have grown up without social media until it was the giant it is today have this sort of problem.  You have those accounts to interact and converse, but most people anymore just want to say anything and then not be held accountable for it.  So if you can't distance yourself from the 99.9%  of trolling trash, stay away from it altogether.  Not really worth your time.

Ebron is 26 years old.  Social media started becoming popular around the time he was 10.

The person you are thinking of is me, I'm 36 years old and it didn't start getting popular til I was in college.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Laughed like heck when i saw article that Ebron is giving up honey buns in order to pursue Gronks record.

I think Ebron and Brissett do as much as any player to keep this team loose and having fun.

They both seem like they are having more fun than anyone else in the building.  Its infectious too.

What a pickup by Ballard.  Last offseason, Ebron wasnt getting much attention.  Now, he's looking like a top 5 TE.

I think most people would be better off without Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.  I use this site cause I like the Colts and LinkedIn but I pretty much have quit using LinkedIn since I am done looking for jobs and don't care about the rest of the garbage on there (retiring in 2 years or sooner if I loose my job :thmup:).

He will be just fine without it.  

16 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Cherish these moments Sir, your son looks super stoked!!! 

Oh, I do!  We adopted him 5 years ago and he knew nothing about football.  I quickly made sure he became a Colts fan!  He was here just 2 weeks and I took him to the Fan Fest in Louisville and we met Adam Vinatieri and Matt Overton...and Blue, of course!  He's been hooked ever since.

He's 13 and was more stoked meeting the cheerleaders :)

IMG_20190523_200237.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Oh, I do!  We adopted him 5 years ago

That is awesome! I’m thinking about adoption in the future, would love to be able to help a kiddo somewhere out. 

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

He's 13 and was more stoked meeting the cheerleaders :)

IMG_20190523_200237.jpg

Atta boy, :rock:lol!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, they are just jealous because he is great now and they realize they screwed up. They did not use him right either so blame the stinky coaches lmao 

I'm sure it's not all lions fans.  Just the obnoxious ones

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I'm sure it's not all lions fans.  Just the obnoxious ones

Yeah I know, every fanbase has their obnoxious fans. Visiting other websites I have seen it (some worse than others) but they also have a lot of good fans to your point. I just do not like the way some of their fans are bashing Ebron. He is not only a great redzone player but a great guy off the field.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I know, every fanbase has their obnoxious fans. Visiting other websites I have seen it (some worse than others) but they also have a lot of good fans to your point. I just do not like the way some of their fans are bashing Ebron. He is not only a great redzone player but a great guy off the field.

Man, your post reminded me of back in '13 I went to the Arizona game where the Colts got blown out by like 40 points & anyway a buddy and I were sitting like 10 rows in front of the loudest, most obnoxiuos, drunkest Colt fan I've ever encountered... 

Made being a fan during the game embarrassing far more than the outcome of the actual game, which was bad enough itself...

So anyways, good point, no one wants to be an embarrassment to the rest of "their particular teams" fanbase, but inevitably it would seem there are those that just can't help themselves...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Man, your post reminded me of back in '13 I went to the Arizona game where the Colts got blown out by like 40 points & anyway a buddy and I were sitting like 10 rows in front of the loudest, most obnoxiuos, drunkest Colt fan I've ever encountered... 

Made being a fan during the game embarrassing far more than the outcome of the actual game...

So anyways, good point, no one wants to be an embarrassment to the rest of "their particular teams" fanbase, but inevitably it would seem there are those that just can't help themselves...

When I went to the Sunday Night game here in 2009 vs the Patriots I was around a few Pats fans and they were actually cool. We were drinking beers talking about the rivalry for the most part. Sometimes it is just who one comes across or what you read in general to sway the way one thinks.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I went to the Sunday Night game here in 2009 vs the Patriots I was around a few Pats fans and they were actually cool. We were drinking beers talking about the rivalry for the most part. Sometimes it is just who one comes across or what you read in general to sway the way one thinks.

Oh no doubt, one of the more embarrassing aspects of that Arizona game was how cool all the Cardinal fans were. They were being 100% cool & the beligerant jerk was the fellow Colts fan...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2019 at 9:51 PM, Chloe6124 said:

My guess is his time in Detroit was so bad he had some confrontations with lions fans. They need to move on. It seems he has grown up and matured. They are really pathetic.

They thought they would be better off without him that among other things is why lions always have and always will suck.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2019 at 8:54 AM, Valpo2004 said:

Ebron is 26 years old.  Social media started becoming popular around the time he was 10.

The person you are thinking of is me, I'm 36 years old and it didn't start getting popular til I was in college.  

Maybe I'm projecting my own personal experiences onto Ebron lol.  I'll be 36 myself in September.  I never really cared for social media in college, used FB to find a date once and realized pretty quickly that people show you only what they want you to see lol.  Every so often you find a community like this one where an online life is tolerable, but that's about the extent of my online presence.  

On 7/15/2019 at 9:50 AM, OffensivelyPC said:

Maybe I'm projecting my own personal experiences onto Ebron lol.  I'll be 36 myself in September.  I never really cared for social media in college, used FB to find a date once and realized pretty quickly that people show you only what they want you to see lol.  Every so often you find a community like this one where an online life is tolerable, but that's about the extent of my online presence.  

By social media I'm defining it starting with Myspace which of course isn't being used all that much anymore.  But that doesn't make it not social media, just the very beginnings of it.

Either way he should theoretically have grown up with FB and Twitter.