Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron getting harassed by lions fans

Every time Ebron posted on Twitter, salty Lions fans would attack him non-stop. Literally non-stop. Social media really has ruined things for people. Gives every * a voice that’s too afraid to say anything in real life. 

• Like 4

They do attack him non-stop...And he responds. Which is something you can’t do with trolls if you want them to stop. :( I didn’t notice his Twitter was gone, but I don’t blame him.

I saw something on a colts fan page they shared and it had made up stuff that the colts made him shut it down and the groin injury is going to keep him out longer then expected.

He should just block and ignore them.  Since he can’t help himself it is probably best he took it down.

All this is going to do is motivate him more. Maybe you should take him in fantasy football lol.

wasn't he pretty political.... can't remember for sure, but I know one of our guys couldn't help staying away from politics. i thought i remember him getting trolled pretty hard after he trolled someone else on a topic.

4 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

wasn't he pretty political.... can't remember for sure, but I know one of our guys couldn't help staying away from politics. i thought i remember him getting trolled pretty hard after he trolled someone else on a topic.

He would mention something every once in awhile but not much. Most off his stuff was just having fun. Like with the honeybuns. Most of his political tweets were more on society not on politics.

19 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Vontae was pretty political if I recall correctly 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have been in the dumps since Barry Sanders punked them, by quitting in 1998. They are use to it haha 

Megatron didnt help either

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He deleted his Instagram also. I enjoyed his IG. He always shared cute stories with his adorable kids and he was always hanging with other colt players.

He is better off for doing so, I am not even famous and wouldn't touch Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with a 10 foot pole :funny:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is better off for doing so, I am not even famous and wouldn't touch Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with a 10 foot pole :funny:

You’re famous.  You’re that guy that likes the 2006 Colts right? See?

• Haha 2

Sucks, but probably for the best honestly. He responded to the trolls and that only keeps them coming back.

I wouldn't even have a twitter if I was a professional athlete honestly. Then again I don't have one even as a regular guy. I get actors/actresses having them to promote their brand and because fan popularity is so important there, but for athletes it only seems to be a distraction or downfall.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Sad. I'd be ok if Twitter just went away alltogether.

I don’t think I would. I really like Twitter for what it was meant to be...instant information. I think if you use it as such...you can avoid the downside. 

Let's face it, other than Barry Sanders, Detroit football possibly has less success in their total history than Cleveland.    They don't know what good looks like.

If they don't want him, he is very welcome on the Colts.  They really need to move on.  Kinda  like if we would dog Dorsett in NE.  It just serves no purpose.  Kinda like going to an ex's wedding and heckling them during the service.  It just aint cool.  Not a good look.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I don’t think I would. I really like Twitter for what it was meant to be...instant information. I think if you use it as such...you can avoid the downside. 

I've never twittered.  I only created a facebook account because a nitwit disgruntled tenant got cute and created one in my name, forcing me to do same.

The bright side was reconnecting with college and fraternity friends , but after the initial spurt, it got annoying.  I dont care to see pics of every meal.  I dont care.  I dont need to see stupid pics that people think are artistic.  They arent.  And i dont need to be bombarded by political views, ads, and just trivial junk.'

I dont do the facebook thing anymore either.

i just dont "get it."

I also think it is time for the Lions fans to back off.   But to be fair, in his time in Detroit, he took several jabs at fans that called him out for his horrible play on the field.    

5 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I see that, and I like the instant info from credible news sources too, but it's the ability to have every anonymous clown chime in that brings it down. I dumped all social media years ago and I've never been happier about it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have been in the dumps since Barry Sanders punked them, by quitting in 1998. They are use to it haha 

One playoff win since the Eisenhower administration will do that to you. 

• Like 1

If he's having trouble ignoring the trolls he's better off leaving. No need for all this negativity for a guy with successful career and a young family. He has so much more important things going well for him than yapping back at random *s online. 

some people really enjoy attacking people online.   They make themselves seem like the majority when in reality they are the loudest.

block them

ignore them

don't engage them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The more famous you are, the more crap you have to endear especially online and social media. Sometimes it hurts to read some of the crap people write about you and it's hard to ignore at times. But it may be for the best and for Ebron's sake. Why would you want to read that stuff every day, delete and move on. I'm glad Ebron is a Colt.

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I've never twittered.  I only created a facebook account because a nitwit disgruntled tenant got cute and created one in my name, forcing me to do same.

The bright side was reconnecting with college and fraternity friends , but after the initial spurt, it got annoying.  I dont care to see pics of every meal.  I dont care.  I dont need to see stupid pics that people think are artistic.  They arent.  And i dont need to be bombarded by political views, ads, and just trivial junk.'

i just dont "get it."

Did you unfriend, ... I mean, evict the tenant?  :funny:

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

i just dont "get it."

I haven't been active on Facebook for years. My wife is though...and she is constantly posting photos of us and tagging me.

I don't have an IG account. Twitter is really the only thing I use.

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I see that, and I like the instant info from credible news sources too, but it's the ability to have every anonymous clown chime in that brings it down. I dumped all social media years ago and I've never been happier about it.

Twitter is all I use anymore. I have been trying to be more active on LinkedIn though.

11 hours ago, ar1888 said:

I live in Michigan, and yeah the Lions fans hate him. I always tell them it’s not his fault the Lions over drafted him ahead of Odel Beckham. 

Also not his fault that Detroit's coaching staff didn't know how to use him.

Quite frankly I think it's dumb to go after athletes on twitter anyways.  I mean I would hate it if I had bunches of people who have never even done my job in their life going onto my twitter feed to tell me that they think I suck at my job. 

7 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Also not his fault that Detroit's coaching staff didn't know how to use him.

Quite frankly I think it's dumb to go after athletes on twitter anyways.  I mean I would hate it if I had bunches of people who have never even done my job in their life going onto my twitter feed to tell me that they think I suck at my job. 

To start a career, in his time with Detroit he had top 5 # of catches in NFL history for TE's.
 A lot of issues still fall on him, but no doubt the team around him and the coaching staff was lacking something. 
 Many of those issues were still there last season, he just got in the end zone in our system. Kudos.

My sister and bro-in-law live in Fenton (relatively close to Detroit) and we were up there hanging out watching football at a bar, and a stat popped up on TV showing Ebron with another TD, and the people in the bar were all mad and said, "That's nonsense. Why couldn't he do that in Detroit?!"

LOL - they are insatiable. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I don't have a Facebook or twitter account, just a LinkedIn account where I have limited professional interaction. This forum is plenty enough to voice my opinions. I do participate in WhatsApp groups with my cousins and college friends, should we decide to catch up some time.

I have asked my daughter to do the same, and stay away from all social media as she is getting into middle school now. People that know you, know to text you and where to find you. That is good enough for me.

• Like 1