Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsBlueFL

Bucs sign Suh

Ian Rapoport tweet.  Interesting!  Just 1 year!! (I would have bet he was wanting more)

And how much, vs. what McCoy would have cost?  Just a swap?

giphy.gif

McCoy 's hit was $13 mil. for 1 year, so you bet he is looking at 2 years at least, at $10 mil. per at least.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

McCoy 's hit was $13 mil. for 1 year, so you bet he is looking at 2 years at least, at $10 mil. per at least.

2 years at 19 mil... 1 mil in LTBE incentives (500k / yr)..  another 2 mil in ULTBE incentives (reach SB, achieve SB MVP, etc...)

1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

Suh >>> McCoy by far.

Suh is more versatile and can play many positions on the D line which, IMO, makes him better.  But not 'by far'...

I probably exaggerated a bit there to make a point, since it seems like Suh gets dogged a lot. As a comparison of different aspects of their games...

Pass rush - McCoy

Run defense - Suh by a landslide

Versatility - Suh

Durability - Suh

(lack of) Penalties - McCoy

Character - push (Suh is dirty on the field, but a complete gentleman off the field - read up on him attaining his engineering degree, giving money back to his college, high school) - does not even have a jaywalking ticket.

36 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Character - push (Suh is dirty on the field, but a complete gentleman off the field - read up on him attaining his engineering degree, giving money back to his college, high school) - does not even have a jaywalking ticket.

This response is not directed at you, but at the general thought line that is shared by many.

When I refer to Suh as not being a good guy, (I believe I balked at him being called a "good guy" in another thread), does not mean I think he is a bad guy. What I think he is, is a bad example for younger players. He is a bad example by his actions of going from team, to team. If he was a "team" guy, he would not be going to his 4th team in 6 years. Ballard is building a team/family culture. I don't see the benefit to the Colt team culture by his example, let alone the possibility that he might vocally encourage a younger star player to follow his pattern. 

19 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

This response is not directed at you, but at the general thought line that is shared by many.

When I refer to Suh as not being a good guy, (I believe I balked at him being called a "good guy" in another thread), does not mean I think he is a bad guy. What I think he is, is a bad example for younger players. He is a bad example by his actions of going from team, to team. If he was a "team" guy, he would not be going to his 4th team in 6 years. Ballard is building a team/family culture. I don't see the benefit to the Colt team culture by his example, let alone the possibility that he might vocally encourage a younger star player to follow his pattern. 

Why is he a bad  not team guy if the team he was playing for doesn't offer him a contract?

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Why is he a bad  not team guy if the team he was playing for doesn't offer him a contract?

There is always a reason teams don’t extend certain players. Sure, they could have just been wanting to save money. But also, they could have decided he wasn’t a good team presence and wanted to clean up their stable of players

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

4 teams in 6 years isn't by default. He is a me first veteran trying to get as much as he can at the end of his career. Again, not saying he is a bad guy, I'm saying that inline with what our GM has been trying to build, that is not the player attitude he likely wants in the building. 

Personally, I am glad he signed elsewhere. 

I think the Colts are trying to build a good locker room of clean players with the right personality, but a veteran with a mean-streak might tear into that, so maybe they figured he wasn't worth the risk.