Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He's thrown 6 INTs, only 3 other QBs who have played the same amount of games as Jacoby have less (Wilson, Cousins, Rodgers).  His completion rate is middle of the pack.  His yards are on the low end (but he's also had less throwing attempts than 23 other QBs).  His TDs are in the middle of the pack.  His RTG is middle of the pack.  His average yards per completion are low (but we haven't really seen many deep ball attempts, nor do we have any real deep ball receiving threats with TY having been hurt).     None of his stats are 'horrible.'  He protects the ball better than almost any QB in the league.  Reich stated before the season that he would establish a run game, which for the most part he's done.  We throw less than most teams.  Brissett's top weapon for several weeks has been a 2nd year undrafted FA.  The 4 WR's everyone expected to be our 'stars' this year have not panned out (TY has been injured for several weeks and played where his injury was very obvious for at least one week, Funchess had a nice TD grab game one and got hurt, Campbell has been mostly hurt, and Cain got cut --- recently Ebron got put on IR).     Luck relied on comebacks in many of his wins.  It was not like we were consistently blowing teams out when he was our QB.  He could win games by himself it seemed at times, but he also had a lot of his comebacks because of careless mistakes early in games (INTs).  Brissett rarely throws INTs (Luck had the 3rd most INTs in the league last year, Brissett has the 4th least).  If not for our kicking game alone, this team should have at least 9 wins (probably 11).     Very few QBs in the NFL can consistently win games by themselves (this year we have Brees, L. Jackson and Rodgers who seem to be able to do it, maybe Wilson, maybe Brady though he's looked vulnerable the past several weeks).  Brissett has played well enough for us to be a 9-11 win team (he doesn't kick field goals or hold snaps).     I don't think Brissett is better than Luck was, by any means.  I don't know for certain that Brissett is our future franchise QB.  However, I don't see many (if any) better options this offseason.  I think it's fair to give Brissett another year and hopefully see him improve with increased weapons (that'll involve TY healthy, Campbell healthy and with a bit more experience, and the addition of at least another very good WR and potentially improvements to the TE position).  
    • I trully believe with Jacoby showing he isnt QB that can win games on his own skill it should be a priority to be a powet run team first. Until we find our guy I think we need to be able to run on anyone to win. It works for SF, Min, and Bal. It would defenately work with our line. We could be hard yo stop with a great run blocking FB with some receiving ability. We could do alot from an I or wishbone formation with a FB or TE in the back feild with Mack. Running and passing could come on any down be hard to defend. When you dont have a Brees or Rodgers type QB a strong run game and strond D is how you win. Control the clock and out physical them every down.
    • Besides Brown and Kinlaw, there are no other 1st round DT's, so it fully depends if one makes it to us. This draft is strong early in WR, O-Line, and CB. I would love to get a QB in round 2 unless Herbert falls to us or we trade up for him. Burrow isn't falling to us. We have to get the right QB though. I can see something like Brown or Kinlaw round 1, with Love and a WR in round 2.
    • Glass Joe from Punch Out...that made me laugh. I hope Campbell isn't the latest rd 2 Quincy Wilson/Lewis value pick.
  • Members