Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs are releasing G McCoy- Option for the Colts?

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm not really surprised here.  I can see Ballard viewing him as a similar player to Houston at the same juncture in their careers.  I can see us making him a very good offer close to Houston's.  If he wants him I hope Ballard get's him.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If I had to guess, I'd say we offer a 2 year 25 mil contract with 13 g in the first year

I'd say that's a little high. He was due to make 13 million and typically when older guys are cut for cost savings, they usually don't sign for near the same amount.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'd say that's a little high. He was due to make 13 million and typically when older guys are cut for cost savings, they usually don't sign for near the same amount.

Its basically a one year deal if we don't like what we see after one year

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I’d be careful with the legitimacy of some accounts on Twitter. I tend to look at verification by their name or the RT and fav count and he has neither of the two. We are in fact interested or maybe intrigued from what I’ve seen from verified accounts but reached out we don’t know as of yet.

Just now, MarquisJ said:

I’d be careful with the legitimacy of some accounts on Twitter. I tend to look at verification by their name or the RT and fav count and he has neither of the two. We are in fact interested or maybe intrigued from what I’ve seen from verified accounts but reached out we don’t know as of yet.

Mike Chappell and Joel A. Erickson have both discussed it

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

But unlike most this is coming from MC and JAE

I get it. How nice it would be if this then, was the only thread. My comment was as much about how ALL those thousands of posts about players who were never even in our zip code were fan guppies being hooked by a media bait and hook, then it was about this thread being non legitimate. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

True, but more creditable outlets are fluting the same thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I get it. How nice it would be if this then, was the only thread. My comment was as much about how ALL those thousands of posts about players who were never even in our zip code were fan guppies being hooked by a media bait and hook, then it was about this thread being non legitimate. :cheers:

I agree but MC and JAE are pretty reliable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

I think that is high. I would say 2 years at around 20 .

I can't see him taking that especially with someone like the browns that would outbid that contract easily imo 

"level of interest" and "kicking the tires" are what sources are going to say to maintain some sort of leverage.  The leak isn't going to say "going all in for".

We have the cap space with a lot of rookie deals not falling off for 3 and 4 years.  It's not my money -- go get him GMCB!

If we get him my Super Bowl aspirations would ratchet up a notch.  Houston , Funchess and possibly McCoy.   Those three are potential difference makers.  Fans are already excited about our team.  If we get McCoy we should move up the list as one of the SB favorites IMO. 

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Passing situation with a 4 man line consisting of Sheard, Autry, Mcoy, and Houston ain't bad at all.  Sign him up!

That's a combo that would make any QB feel antsy trying to drop back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hark said:

That's a combo that would make any QB feel antsy trying to drop back.

Then behind that is the young boys and Margus Hunt.  Turay, Banogu, Tyquan Lewis, Muhammad.  Not bad at all.

• Like 1

Drew Bree says he wants Mcoy on the Saints:

It’s no secret that the relationship between New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy is strong. They regularly train together in the offseason and are very familiar with each other’s talents on the field. When asked by Andrew Clay of KATC-TV how he’d feel about the prospect of McCoy signing with the Saints as a free agent, Brees was all smiles.

He’s a stud, he’s a great player,” Brees grinned. “I mean you’re basically asking me if I would love having a Pro Bowl defensive tackle that I’ve spent the last eight years trying to run around and avoid, not have hit me, join our team. Yeah of course.”

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/22/saints-drew-brees-gerald-mccoy-cut-bucs-free-agent/

Something tells me he's going to end up being too far outside of our valuation when it gets down to the money.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I wouldn't mind this signing

An interior pass rusher that can provide pressure up the middle.   With a little more size than most of our other options sans Stewart.  That’s all I’ve been asking for...I’d love this signing if it happens. Would address our most glaring remaining concern. 

29 minutes ago, krunk said:

Drew Bree says he wants Mcoy on the Saints:

It’s no secret that the relationship between New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy is strong. They regularly train together in the offseason and are very familiar with each other’s talents on the field. When asked by Andrew Clay of KATC-TV how he’d feel about the prospect of McCoy signing with the Saints as a free agent, Brees was all smiles.

He’s a stud, he’s a great player,” Brees grinned. “I mean you’re basically asking me if I would love having a Pro Bowl defensive tackle that I’ve spent the last eight years trying to run around and avoid, not have hit me, join our team. Yeah of course.”

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/22/saints-drew-brees-gerald-mccoy-cut-bucs-free-agent/

Something tells me he's going to end up being too far outside of our valuation when it gets down to the money.

I'd be very surprised if the bidding surpasses the money Houston got during the first wave of free agency...and I would think we'd pay that.  If he is limiting his search to a contender, then that eliminates a lot of the teams that have the cap space remaining to bid 8 figures.  The Saints certainly don't have that kind of space without fancy footwork.