Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cleveland Browns Paper Tigers

danlhart87

I don’t understand the shameful need to bash the Browns around here. It’s Kitchens. The Colts were 1 bad move away from being in this shape after their quarterback did what everybody is acting like the Browns quarterback should do. The Colts have a good coach though and while it hasn’t been perfect it’s been as good as possible which is basically the coach’s job to make happen...the best possible. Kitchen hasn’t done that, hasn’t even gotten on the track to do that. He’s a trainwreck. Great guy but trainwreck as a coach which is a shame because they’re talented and they haven’t quit. 

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I don’t understand the shameful need to bash the Browns around here. It’s Kitchens. The Colts were 1 bad move away from being in this shape after their quarterback did what everybody is acting like the Browns quarterback should do. The Colts have a good coach though and while it hasn’t been perfect it’s been as good as possible which is basically the coach’s job to make happen...the best possible. Kitchen hasn’t done that, hasn’t even gotten on the track to do that. He’s a trainwreck. Great guy but trainwreck as a coach which is a shame because they’re talented and they haven’t quit. 

"The Colts were 1 bad move away from being in this shape after their quarterback did what everybody is acting like the Browns quarterback should do". We have Jacoby Brissett, he isn't a quitter and I happen to love the guy. He is a leader, a guy that is smart. We are in good hands trust me :thmup: Celebrate Indianapolis Colts GIF by SportsManias

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

maybe, but I think it was pretty obvious that the Browns were trying to swing for the fences with their obscenely high paid FAs and trade moves they made. Most were crowning them as the next Superbowl champs when a lot of us here were simply saying to pump the brakes on that.  Mayfield and Kitchens have both seemed to crack under the intense pressure all those moves put the team under.

Browns get real football people at the top in the front office, and splurged in FA.  But many remember the Philly 'Dream Team' fiasco of 2011; and the potential fallacy of Free Agency buying a championship-

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2621230-the-dream-team-that-wasnt-a-cautionary-tale-for-free-agency

Kitchens as HC was the X factor and it seems to have veered off course. So it remains today...  Browns will be the Browns.

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

its the coaches and Oline, nothing wrong with bringing in free agents

the eagles made a lot of free agent moves the year they wont the super bowl

FA pieces, sure, every team does it.  Loading up on a few 'stars'?

The point is it has failed as often as it has worked, so no guarantees. And probably not a long term solution (egos, salary/cap, etc...)

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"The Colts were 1 bad move away from being in this shape after their quarterback did what everybody is acting like the Browns quarterback should do". We have Jacoby Brissett, he isn't a quitter and I happen to love the guy. He is a leader, a guy that is smart. We are in good hands trust me :thmup: Celebrate Indianapolis Colts GIF by SportsManias

Neither is Luck and neither is Mayfield. And you weren’t that confident when you first learned Brissett was your start quarterback don’t even.

9 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Neither is Luck and neither is Mayfield. And you weren’t that confident when you first learned Brissett was your start quarterback don’t even.

colts are 5-3 and a couple of missed kicks from being 7-1.  you thought we would be bad and were wrong as usual