Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
Sign in to follow this  
danlhart87

Cleveland Browns Paper Tigers

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

What affect do you think it will have if Gordon sits out like he's threatening?

Snarky response is what difference does it make if Gordon sits out four games, or misses four games due to injury? Because he's only played 16 games once.

Actual response, he's their best back by a long shot, but I don't think it's impossible to replace 80% of his production with another player. If he doesn't show up to camp and they don't feel great about their backs after a couple weeks, I would expect the Chargers to find a way to acquire a starting caliber back from somewhere. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

If he doesn't show up to camp and they don't feel great about their backs after a couple weeks, I would expect the Chargers to find a way to acquire a starting caliber back from somewhere. 

The Spanos family seem to look for the cheap way most of the time. 

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Does the Spanos family still own the Chargers?    Honest question, I have no idea....? 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:58 AM, kountrykeith said:

I don't know alot about all of their new talent on both sides of the ball. I know Kitchens coached below the coordinator position but I don't know much about his philosophy or his demeanor. I don't know if Mayfield is the real deal or not. I don't know what the win/loss record will be.

I do know this however, in the 20+ years I've been following this sport I have never seen a rookie HC in his first year with a new team shock the league. I believe it would take at least 8 games before the team can develop real chemistry on the field. Until that happens Freddie can have the best game plan and still come up short. 

My opinion only of course, I'm no expert. He might be the chosen one finally arrived but I am skeptical. My gut feeling is there were too many personnel moves at the same time as coaching / playbook / scheme changes. That might take awhile to get clicking.

Need to follow a little bit longer. Ever hear of a coach by the name of Ted Marchibroda. 

He also coached the Baltimore Colts from 1975-79. Then, the soft-spoken Marchibroda took a once-proud franchise that had hit bottom (2-12) the year before and, in one season, won a division title. Then a second. And a third.

A little Colt history.  (but you have to be old to know these things. 

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you.    Sorry, I should’ve looked it up.   Life is a little crazy in this corner of the world.   

Honestly, I wasn't sure...and had to look it up. 

After going 14-2...and firing Marty, I figured the future wasn't good for that franchise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Yes, but I don't disagree with them not sinking money into a high usage back with prior injuries who can't stay healthy and averages 4 yards/carry for his career. Full top, I wouldn't pay Gordon.

Add in the fact that Bosa is coming up, Rivers is coming up (I assume they extend him at some point soon), Adrian Phillips, Hunter Henry... and they're up against the cap as it is. 

At the same time, I don't blame Gordon for threatening to hold out. They hit him with the option, probably have no intention of paying him, and are going to try to run him into the ground in his final year with them. Then maybe tag him in 2020 and have him at their mercy. I get why he's using the little bit of leverage he has. 

• Like 2

For over a decade, Cleveland has been a laughing stock. Until they actually make the playoffs, they are still a laughing stock. Mayfield can talk all he wants to, but he still plays for a loser organization.