Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I would like Andrew Luck to be in one of these Top 5 lists next season

chad72

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-most-accurate-nfl-qbs-by-separation-in-2018

These are some metrics for ball location and measures accuracy for a QB pretty well. NFL offenses are all about QB accuracy when the rubber meets the road in the playoffs with tight coverage. While it may not always define team success which is a factor of so many other variables, it can help with offensive efficiency. The two teams that played tight coverage met in the AFCCG, while the ones that played more zone stayed home. I would like Andrew's numbers to get a little better for us to take that next step against tight coverage.

Thoughts???

• Like 1

I just watched kurt warner list his top 5:

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew brees

3. Mahommes

4.Aaron Rogers

5.Roethlisberger

I'm such a homer, that as he went from 5 to 1, i thought it was gonna be Luck at #2, and Brees at #1.

haha

All respect to Tommy Boy, but #1?  When i judge, I look at it as if they were on a neutral (same) team with neutral (same) coach and with neutral (same) players.

17 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew brees

3. Mahommes

4.Aaron Rogers

5.Roethlisberger

I'm such a homer, that as he went from 5 to 1, i thought it was gonna be Luck at #2, and Brees at #1.

haha

All respect to Tommy Boy, but #1?  When i judge, I look at it as if they were on a neutral (same) team with neutral (same) coach and with neutral (same) players.

Thats why I don't pay attention to individual list.

The only list brady should be #1 is the Cheaters list.

I certainly respect Kurt Warner's opinion, but I would have to rank Luck ahead of Roethlisberger, and possibly Rodgers as well. Who else could have turned in a 4,593/39/15 winning season and a playoff win with one wide receiver, and turning a recycled "draft bust" tight end into a Pro Bowler?  It's even more remarkable when you think about that season after coming back from an injury that could have ended the career of a mere mortal.  

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Thats why I don't pay attention to individual list.

The only list brady should be #1 is the Cheaters list.

At this point in their career's, Luck is better than Big Ben so Luck is top 5. I would take Russell Wilson over Big Ben as well. 2 years ago I would not of.

15 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew brees

3. Mahommes

4.Aaron Rogers

5.Roethlisberger

haha

I like and respect Warner but he does have a nice cushy job and doubt that the suits upstairs would like very much if he made a Top 5 QB list and not have brady on top.

My Top 5 is:

1. Rogers easily top choice

2. Brees clearly above the rest

3. Rothlisberger because  of past accomplishments and many Big Game wins.

4. Wilson

5. Maholmes

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At this point in their career's, Luck is better than Big Ben so Luck is top 5. I would take Russell Wilson over Big Ben as well. 2 years ago I would not of.

Big Ben's days near the top are certainly numbered if not already gone. I seen your post and noticed I forgot Wilson so I edited it. haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Big Ben's days near the top are certainly numbered if not already gone. I seen your post and noticed I forgot Wilson so I edited it. haha

I know you hate Brady and I can't stand him either but until the Pats have a drop off, I have him #1 unfortunately. My list would be:

1. Brady but old

2. Brees but old

3. Mahomes - 1 great year, he was awesome but not sure he can come close to duplicating that again. He is the MVP though for now.

4. Rodgers - pretty off year for him last season but still is great

5. Luck at #5

6. Wilson

7. Big Ben

-I listed 7.

In baseball, Kershaw  was considered the best despite his post game failures. If he were a QB and choked in the playoffs he would be crucified. Rodgers is fortunate he won a Super Bowl otherwise he wouldn’t be on anyone’s list.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I get so tired of qb rankings.  Why is it that in a sport that is team oriented, we always have to have a who is the best qb discussion?????!?!

Then why add to it? Why even click on it to start with? It was clearly marked exactly what it was.  I am just curious why someone against something engages in helping to create more of it and enhance the very thing he is against? Not agreement or disagreement, but the discussion itself.