Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trace Pyott

Ballard and the media.

Maybe it’s bias and because I mainly follow the colts but it seems that in many sports shows I hear them giving Ballard compliments and bringing him on the show. I can’t remember seeing other gms on tv and talked about as much as Ballard is except maybe BElichick. Is it just me or does the media love them some Ballard?

16 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Maybe it’s bias and because I mainly follow the colts but it seems that in many sports shows I hear them giving Ballard compliments and bringing him on the show. I can’t remember seeing other gms on tv and talked about as much as Ballard is except maybe BElichick. Is it just me or does the media love them some Ballard?

Ballard is highly regarded by the media and other teams. Irsay looks like he nailed it when he hired Ballard. 

I think Ballard initiates a lot of this, or at least doesn't back away from it.    I remember reading something like the first pre-season game he went to, there was a tailgate club and he talks to them before every game to get their opinions on the team and to shed some light onto what's going on (I am not in that tailgate club, so I cannot verify that, but I do remember seeing a clip during his first season as GM where he was doing that -- I doubt any other GM's in the league do that).

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• they cant just go from waiver claim to practice squad on another team, he would have to be on their roster a while before they can do that.
    • It will be interesting to see how Watson does without Hopkins. If they won the division again that would show me a lot. Losing Hopkins is a huge blow.
    • That's fair. Watson is mostly due to age, but I think he's finally good enough to lead them to the playoffs. However, they will decline soon with some contracts running out. I see Luck as 32 in football years because I believe he'd be rusty for a year. Just a guess though. I would take Watson too because I feel he's non injury-prone, and that's good for a long-term answer at QB. I would take Luck back in a heartbeat though as long as we didn't have to pay him anything if he retired again.
    • I got my refund notice email today. 
    • Like I posted, I can see the other 3 being rated higher but Watson has only 1 playoff win in his career, never has been to a championship game either. Luck has 4 playoff wins and has been to a championship game. Watson has never had a season where he has thrown for 40 TD's either, Luck has had one (2014) and in 2018 Luck had 39 - nearly 2. Luck outplayed Watson by a mile in their 2018 playoff matchup. So I disagree Watson is better, he is younger but not better. Luck is only 31 so it is not like he is old. Rodgers is even a lot older.
  • Members

• Blindside

Blindside 33

• Dogg63

Dogg63 587

• Dan Smith

Dan Smith 0

Rookie
    • MTC

MTC 6,486

Moderators
    • aaron11