Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trace Pyott

Ballard and the media.

Maybe it’s bias and because I mainly follow the colts but it seems that in many sports shows I hear them giving Ballard compliments and bringing him on the show. I can’t remember seeing other gms on tv and talked about as much as Ballard is except maybe BElichick. Is it just me or does the media love them some Ballard?

16 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Maybe it’s bias and because I mainly follow the colts but it seems that in many sports shows I hear them giving Ballard compliments and bringing him on the show. I can’t remember seeing other gms on tv and talked about as much as Ballard is except maybe BElichick. Is it just me or does the media love them some Ballard?

Ballard is highly regarded by the media and other teams. Irsay looks like he nailed it when he hired Ballard. 

I think Ballard initiates a lot of this, or at least doesn't back away from it.    I remember reading something like the first pre-season game he went to, there was a tailgate club and he talks to them before every game to get their opinions on the team and to shed some light onto what's going on (I am not in that tailgate club, so I cannot verify that, but I do remember seeing a clip during his first season as GM where he was doing that -- I doubt any other GM's in the league do that).