NFL top 100 tidbit

Luck 

Leonard

Nelson 

Hilton

Ebron

Have to make this list

• Like 7

I love this show.  It's so cool to see the players talking about each other.

Earning the respect of your teammates, coaches, and fans is one thing, but earning the respect of your opponent is something else.

I love hearing our opponents talk about Colts players.  I can't wait to see what some of the DLinemen around the league have to say about Big Q.  haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Luck 

Leonard

Nelson 

Hilton

Ebron

Have to make this list

Luck, Leonard and Nelson HAVE to make the list.

Hilton and Ebron MAY make the list,  with Hilton being more likely because he has a much longer track record of success.    Ebron has had one good year.     Guys like that often get screwed....

Remember,  100 players...   32 teams....   roughly 3 players per team...    guys get screwed all the time on this show....    happens every year....     I think they even do an entire episode about who got left off that should've made the team.    Some fans are left unhappy.... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Luck, Leonard and Nelson HAVE to make the list.

Hilton and Ebron MAY make the list,  with Hilton being more likely because he has a much longer track record of success.    Ebron has had one good year.     Guys like that often get screwed....

Remember,  100 players...   32 teams....   roughly 3 players per team...    guys get screwed all the time on this show....    happens every year....     I think they even do an entire episode about who got left off that should've made the team.    Some fans are left unhappy.... 

I agree. I often wonder who votes regarding this list. The NFL Network says it is the players but some players have commented on previous lists and say they had no vote. Having said that, Luck should be top 25, if he isn't then the list loses credibility IMO. There isn't 25 better players than Luck in the league.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. I often wonder who votes regarding this list. The NFL Network says it is the players but some players have commented on previous lists and say they had no vote. Having said that, Luck should be top 25, if he isn't then the list loses credibility IMO. There isn't 25 better players than Luck in the league.

I think it is the players, but probably a quasi-random survey of them.  If they surveyed every player on every team they'd have nearly 1,700 votes to count.  I imagine they pick a random draw of 'x' players from a group of players that play greater than 'y' amount of snaps, or something like that.  Wikipedia just says players who are not retired the next year are eligible, but most polls/surveys are selected with some sort of random component.

I agree with you that Luck ought to be in the top 25 (I think in terms of most valuable last year, he should really be in the top 10).  I would think Ebron gets in, as he did make the pro-bowl and he did lead the league in TDs for a TE, but agree with @NewColtsFan -- last year was really his break-out year, so he may get slighted.

I remember the year Peyton missed the whole season with his neck injury, he was still voted into the top 100.  He came in at 50 overall without playing a snap:  http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d82966195/Top-100-Players-of-2012-Peyton-Manning

I am sure some of it is guys just having respect for other guys, like you can see in above video.  There's a good chance some players who didn't play great last year get votes over Ebron, just because Ebron hasn't earned as much respect throughout the league yet.

• Like 1

The red flag for the credibility is that the NFLN does NOT reveal how many players actually vote.   I think there are rumors that the total number is in the hundreds...   I’ve heard 300-450 or so.   That’s roughly 10-15 per team.  

So there will always be plenty of players who say they didn’t vote.   This is, in part, why I don’t get too worked up over the results.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The red flag for the credibility is that the NFLN does NOT reveal how many players actually vote.   I think there are rumors that the total number is in the hundreds...   I’ve heard 300-450 or so.   That’s roughly 10-15 per team.  

So there will always be plenty of players who say they didn’t vote.   This is, in part, why I don’t get too worked up over the results.

Very true, I would love to know who votes as that would be cool. I see Luck in the top 20 or so, Nelson and Leonard will make it somewhere in the top 100 IMO. TY based on rep gets in too IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Luck, Leonard, and Ebron will make it. Hilton and Nelson should but probably won’t make it 

I think all five make it. It's a silly list, though, especially the way they hype it and drag it out over weeks instead of just posting it.