Jump to content
Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
Sign in to follow this  
CurBeatElite

Castonzo feeling 'rejuvenated'

Recommended Posts

https://www.colts.com/news/simple-change-in-workout-regimen-has-rejuvenated-anthony-castonzo?fbclid=IwAR0NH5GMiwqEAAk09KdHu8MrzavoNgiYPbez00Dut7PKZaFLzzUj51EUNVU

 

This is great news.  Sounds like Rusty Jones really helped Castonzo out this season... if he's really going to play the best football of his life this year, that's a huge boost to our OL -- it was very obvious our OL made a huge leap when he returned to the field in week 6 last season.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

https://www.colts.com/news/simple-change-in-workout-regimen-has-rejuvenated-anthony-castonzo?fbclid=IwAR0NH5GMiwqEAAk09KdHu8MrzavoNgiYPbez00Dut7PKZaFLzzUj51EUNVU

 

This is great news.  Sounds like Rusty Jones really helped Castonzo out this season... if he's really going to play the best football of his life this year, that's a huge boost to our OL -- it was very obvious our OL made a huge leap when he returned to the field in week 6 last season.

 

 It is a contract year so.....
 And the line made it's leap when Glow and Smith came in to start.
I do hope AC has a healthy, happy, solid 2019.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, throwing BBZ said:

 

 It is a contract year so.....
 And the line made it's leap when Glow and Smith came in to start.
I do hope AC has a healthy, happy, solid 2019.

 

Yes, Glow and Smith sure did help... but the Colts gave up 10 sacks in the first 5 games.  Castonzo returned in week 6 and they gave up 8 sacks in the remaining 10 games.  

 

Castonzo's protecting Luck's blindside -- and it was very obvious when he returned that Luck went from getting sacked on average 2 times per game to getting sacked less than once per game.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

 

Yes, Glow and Smith sure did help... but the Colts gave up 10 sacks in the first 5 games.  Castonzo returned in week 6 and they gave up 8 sacks in the remaining 10 games.  

 

Castonzo's protecting Luck's blindside -- and it was very obvious when he returned that Luck went from getting sacked on average 2 times per game to getting sacked less than once per game.

I was going to say of course he in rejuvenated, it’s a contract year lol. But he was a solid left tackle for this line and him being in was 10 times better than him being out last year. Hopefully he is a full go all season and he still has fire in him. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 It is a contract year so.....
 And the line made it's leap when Glow and Smith came in to start.
I do hope AC has a healthy, happy, solid 2019.

 

Now there's the cynical BBZ we know and love....      

 

Where you been?    We've missed you!

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I have never been a huge fan of Anthony, I am glad to read this and hope Mudd's influence will help him reach greater heights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AC imo never gets the respect he deserves and I think a lot of it is because hes not Tarik Glenn which I get, but you don't start in this league for 9 years if you're not atleast a solid player. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 but you don't start in this league for 9 years if you're not atleast a solid player. 

........ unless you were on this OL. (Until recently)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

........ unless you were on this OL. (Until recently)

 

So why is AC still around? we've got rid of every other player on the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

So why is AC still around? we've got rid of every other player on the line

Besides AC and Setele.

I'm an AC guy. Always liked him. He's gotten a bad rap at times, but he wouldnt be easy to replace.

  I remember the Patriots passed on him (a Boston college guy), and took Saffold I think instead.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Anthony continues to stay healthy, I think he could easily play another 5 years at a high level. Playing next to Big Q certainly doesn't hurt either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Besides AC and Setele.

I'm an AC guy. Always liked him. He's gotten a bad rap at times, but he wouldnt be easy to replace.

  I remember the Patriots passed on him (a Boston college guy), and took Saffold I think instead.  

 

They took Nate Solder

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard brought in Rusty Jones out of retirement and now Mudd.  Bill Parcells as assistant coach ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They took Nate Solder

Haha.  Yep.

i think i remember he played some TE in college or HS.

I think i remember seeing him catch a TD once or twice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The value of AC cant be understated. He had zero help for 8 years. We hear how much having consistency along the oline matters and it's no surprise once he has real help his play is elevated. Imagine him bringing his play to another level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent history shows we’ve had three GMs involved with AC.

 

Polian, who drafted him.

 

Grigson, who gave him his big contract.

 

Ballard, who has several times said AC is playing the best ball of his career.

 

And yet we have a small number of posters who seemingly will never be happy with AC and want us to upgrade his position.    Sigh... 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They took Nate Solder

 

Yeah, Boston College and Michigan have had good histories of OL in the NFL, and Castanzo's longevity has shown that. 

 

Now, I feel Wisconsin, Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma and Iowa are in the forefront of OL play. Florida OL seem to fizzle out at the NFL level. Big Ten OL players are definitely on the rise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Besides AC and Setele.

I'm an AC guy. Always liked him. He's gotten a bad rap at times, but he wouldnt be easy to replace.

  I remember the Patriots passed on him (a Boston college guy), and took Saffold I think instead.  

 

 

I think this is the biggest issue.  Would we like to have the best left tackle in the league?  Sure!  But how do you find a guy right now that would be better than AC?  He is an excellent left tackle.  Solid, dependable.  I think some people focus on the failures instead of the successes.  And I agree with the statements that he is now part of a functioning unit (rather than a pathetic excuse for an 0-line) and can just focus on his job.  I think he really can be better than ever with Q and Kelly to his right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The offensive line on a whole are impressing me. With the resurgence of AC last season, the cohesion shown by the starters was simply put, impressive. Throw in quality backups, and Mudd being back home makes me have high hopes for this unit. Future definitely looks bright. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Recent history shows we’ve had three GMs involved with AC.

 

Polian, who drafted him.

 

Grigson, who gave him his big contract.

 

Ballard, who has several times said AC is playing the best ball of his career.

 

And yet we have a small number of posters who seemingly will never be happy with AC and want us to upgrade his position.    Sigh... 

On a scale of bad, below average, average, above average, good, very good, great, AC is good IMO. I think you and I talked about this a while back and you had him good as well. He isn't very good or great but I will take good and he is underappreciated by many Colts fans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like every time you hear a player say something like this it plays out the exact opposite. :hide:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contract year for him. Not surprised at all. I expect us to let him walk after this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Ballard brought in Rusty Jones out of retirement and now Mudd.  Bill Parcells as assistant coach ?

 

I finally had a chance to listen to the interview, AC really credits Jones with his new found 'youth'.  Conditioning has gotten so advanced in the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Contract year for him. Not surprised at all. I expect us to let him walk after this season. 

 

Did you listen to the interview?  If not, you should.  It was more about how they build up his hamstring and adjusted his exercise so that his knees are virtually pain free now.

 

Assuming he stays healthy, he would be hard to replace.  You remember the post Glenn era, decent LTs are very hard to find.

 

He's only 30 so don't be surprised if they extend him during the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Is using a switch to discipline your child against NFL personal conduct policy? Is snapping a towel on his butt? Is cursing at him.....under the age of say 13, but okay to curse over the age of 13? Is sticking out your tongue at him okay?   As a prospective player, I would have a hard time understanding how far I could go in disciplining my kid before Roger Goodell disapproved.   Where should he draw the line?  As a player, how would I know where to draw the line?    What is legal and what isn't seems to be a a fairly bright line for everyone to see.
    • I REALLY think you missed my point   I was switched growing up, spanked , smacked, etc..........     I was taught manners and respect   I also taught my kids respect ...... we used a wooden spoon for a quick swat   I was making a comparison    AP's kids had some welts (I know them well) Four years old seems a little young for welts   Tyreeks kid had a BROKEN ARM   He didnt deny hitting the kid in the chest with his fist   AP's activity is questionable at worse..........  He was suspended   Tyreek is worse.....    
    • He's listed as "day to day".
    • As a kid in NY, I despised Joe Namath.  But he's the reason I became a Colts fan, so thank you Broadway Joe! All is forgiven. (I do like him now)
    • It's been years since the Colts had the luxury of a healthy Luck for the start of Training Camp. That's huge for our offense.
  • Members

    • jmac_48

      jmac_48 406

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 550

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 2,255

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kirie89

      Kirie89 22

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Boiler_Colt

      Boiler_Colt 3,720

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DougDew

      DougDew 3,098

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlueStallion

      BlueStallion 61

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Superman

      Superman 34,322

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CurBeatElite

      CurBeatElite 240

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shepman

      Shepman 220

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...