Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Castonzo feeling 'rejuvenated'

CurBeatElite

https://www.colts.com/news/simple-change-in-workout-regimen-has-rejuvenated-anthony-castonzo?fbclid=IwAR0NH5GMiwqEAAk09KdHu8MrzavoNgiYPbez00Dut7PKZaFLzzUj51EUNVU

This is great news.  Sounds like Rusty Jones really helped Castonzo out this season... if he's really going to play the best football of his life this year, that's a huge boost to our OL -- it was very obvious our OL made a huge leap when he returned to the field in week 6 last season.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

https://www.colts.com/news/simple-change-in-workout-regimen-has-rejuvenated-anthony-castonzo?fbclid=IwAR0NH5GMiwqEAAk09KdHu8MrzavoNgiYPbez00Dut7PKZaFLzzUj51EUNVU

This is great news.  Sounds like Rusty Jones really helped Castonzo out this season... if he's really going to play the best football of his life this year, that's a huge boost to our OL -- it was very obvious our OL made a huge leap when he returned to the field in week 6 last season.

It is a contract year so.....
 And the line made it's leap when Glow and Smith came in to start.
I do hope AC has a healthy, happy, solid 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Yes, Glow and Smith sure did help... but the Colts gave up 10 sacks in the first 5 games.  Castonzo returned in week 6 and they gave up 8 sacks in the remaining 10 games.  

Castonzo's protecting Luck's blindside -- and it was very obvious when he returned that Luck went from getting sacked on average 2 times per game to getting sacked less than once per game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yes, Glow and Smith sure did help... but the Colts gave up 10 sacks in the first 5 games.  Castonzo returned in week 6 and they gave up 8 sacks in the remaining 10 games.  

Castonzo's protecting Luck's blindside -- and it was very obvious when he returned that Luck went from getting sacked on average 2 times per game to getting sacked less than once per game.

I was going to say of course he in rejuvenated, it’s a contract year lol. But he was a solid left tackle for this line and him being in was 10 times better than him being out last year. Hopefully he is a full go all season and he still has fire in him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Now there's the cynical BBZ we know and love....      

Where you been?    We've missed you!

AC imo never gets the respect he deserves and I think a lot of it is because hes not Tarik Glenn which I get, but you don't start in this league for 9 years if you're not atleast a solid player. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So why is AC still around? we've got rid of every other player on the line

Besides AC and Setele.

I'm an AC guy. Always liked him. He's gotten a bad rap at times, but he wouldnt be easy to replace.

I remember the Patriots passed on him (a Boston college guy), and took Saffold I think instead.  

Recent history shows we’ve had three GMs involved with AC.

Polian, who drafted him.

Grigson, who gave him his big contract.

Ballard, who has several times said AC is playing the best ball of his career.

And yet we have a small number of posters who seemingly will never be happy with AC and want us to upgrade his position.    Sigh... 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They took Nate Solder

Yeah, Boston College and Michigan have had good histories of OL in the NFL, and Castanzo's longevity has shown that. 

Now, I feel Wisconsin, Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma and Iowa are in the forefront of OL play. Florida OL seem to fizzle out at the NFL level. Big Ten OL players are definitely on the rise. 

15 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Besides AC and Setele.

I'm an AC guy. Always liked him. He's gotten a bad rap at times, but he wouldnt be easy to replace.

I remember the Patriots passed on him (a Boston college guy), and took Saffold I think instead.  

I think this is the biggest issue.  Would we like to have the best left tackle in the league?  Sure!  But how do you find a guy right now that would be better than AC?  He is an excellent left tackle.  Solid, dependable.  I think some people focus on the failures instead of the successes.  And I agree with the statements that he is now part of a functioning unit (rather than a pathetic excuse for an 0-line) and can just focus on his job.  I think he really can be better than ever with Q and Kelly to his right.

The offensive line on a whole are impressing me. With the resurgence of AC last season, the cohesion shown by the starters was simply put, impressive. Throw in quality backups, and Mudd being back home makes me have high hopes for this unit. Future definitely looks bright. :)

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Recent history shows we’ve had three GMs involved with AC.

Polian, who drafted him.

Grigson, who gave him his big contract.

Ballard, who has several times said AC is playing the best ball of his career.

And yet we have a small number of posters who seemingly will never be happy with AC and want us to upgrade his position.    Sigh... 

On a scale of bad, below average, average, above average, good, very good, great, AC is good IMO. I think you and I talked about this a while back and you had him good as well. He isn't very good or great but I will take good and he is underappreciated by many Colts fans. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Ballard brought in Rusty Jones out of retirement and now Mudd.  Bill Parcells as assistant coach ?

I finally had a chance to listen to the interview, AC really credits Jones with his new found 'youth'.  Conditioning has gotten so advanced in the last few years.

3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Contract year for him. Not surprised at all. I expect us to let him walk after this season. 

Did you listen to the interview?  If not, you should.  It was more about how they build up his hamstring and adjusted his exercise so that his knees are virtually pain free now.

Assuming he stays healthy, he would be hard to replace.  You remember the post Glenn era, decent LTs are very hard to find.

He's only 30 so don't be surprised if they extend him during the year.