Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyle Vs Ebron Who Has The Edge??

Shadow_Creek

I fully expect Ebrons numbers to drop in 2019.   He had 66 catches, 750 yards receiving and 13 TD's last year.    With the additions at WR and Doyle back, I expect his numbers to be around 44 catches, 450 yards receiving and 6 TD's this coming season.   

That could bring his asking price down quite a bit.   

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I fully expect Ebrons numbers to drop in 2019.   He had 66 catches, 750 yards receiving and 13 TD's last year.    With the additions at WR and Doyle back, I expect his numbers to be around 44 catches, 450 yards receiving and 6 TD's this coming season.   

That could bring his asking price down quite a bit.   

Everyone has to remember if his numbers do go down that doesn’t mean he regressed or isn’t as important. It means we had more weapons. We had two receiving weapons last year and that was it. TY and EE both stepped up. EE won’t be expected to carry the team this year if everyone is healthy.

• Like 1

How easy is it to replace either?  

Can Funchess do what Ebron does, if Funchess lined up and was used like Ebron is?

Could Funchess, or anybody else including Ebron, do what Doyle does if they lined up and  were used like Doyle is?

Hands down, Doyle is harder to replace.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Everyone has to remember if his numbers do go down that doesn’t mean he regressed or isn’t as important. It means we had more weapons. We had two receiving weapons last year and that was it. TY and EE both stepped up. EE won’t be expected to carry the team this year if everyone is healthy.

Exactly right. Ebron is going to have some big time opportunities at critical points to get the ball in the end zone to win games. 
 Because we should have a very good run game our pass attempts of course should go down a few, but he could still get 60 reception for 700+ yards and 8-10 td's. That would be great.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:40 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

Yes, it's all speculation.  And this post and your first seem different.  In the first post you were saying that you (and i know you mean you, if you ran the team) would not pay him.  This post you are more saying you don't think Ballard will pay him.  I can understand of you don't think Ballard would pay, but I do disagree to a point with that, because so far we, as fans, have not seen what Ballard will do with an elite player that is one of his finds through the draft or FA, so he may very well make him the highest paid TE in the league if he feels that is warranted.

I don't think I ever indicated that life should stop because I disagree, so I don't really understand that comment.  Again I just don't understand the mindset of wanting a player to play worse so they are easier to sign, or the inverse not wanting to pay a player top money if they perform at a top level.

Did I say I wanted him to play worse? I reread my statement and it isn't there.  I re-stated my entire point as clearly for you as I could.  You're still arguing it though so what is it you want? 

If you look at what you bolded (which is what you wanted to debate) I said "we'll" meaning THE COLTS.  Then, in parenthesis I put my opinion that I don't want to have to pay over value because some team is trying to hose us.  Go back and look.  So no, I don't want to pay someone if another team is just jacking us around forcing us to pay over true market value, and I don't think we'll pay a giant deal for a TE worth 23TD level money in the open market.  By WE'LL, I am indicating the Colts, otherwise I would say "I" directly without the parenthesis.  

I do not believe Ballard would even give him Graham level money for 3 or 4 years which he would rightfully be looking for (and likely much more).  I also think it's likely someone out there would pay him above that, I just don't think it would be Ballard.  Do you?

And beyond that (since we're still discussing this), if you were the GM would you pay him 10+ million a year for 3-4 years to resign him after 23 TDs in 2 years? If Funchess can bring in 10 mil for a year, it would likely be much more than 10mil to resign Ebron in that scenario.  How much would you pay? 

• Like 1

Your forgetting one thing. Ebron loves it here. His wife to. Ballard will have no issue paying him market value for three years. After what he went through in Detroit why does anyone think he is going to chase money. He is a TE and Ballard will pay him top TE money.  The only thing that could change this is a injury or him just totally going off the rails. 

I don’t know where this stuff comes from that Ballard won’t pAy top dollar comes from. He has always said he will reward his own stars. Does nobody listen to what the man says. Yes I would pay him ten million a year for three years. That will take him up to 30 or 31. He has stats better then kelce last year. Was arguably the best TE in the league.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:36 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Doyle or Ebron? Ebron is going to stay. He loves it here. AS long as the colts want him back and they offer market value he is not going anywhere. He knows how good he has it. He even mentioned how much his wife loves it here also.

I was talking about Doyle. Indy will give Ebron what they need to keep him here assuming all goes well this year. I think Doyle can get more elsewhere compared to what we'll offer. 

He's aging, and coming off injury, but still only 2 years for the 17 ProBowl. 
So long as he's healthy, he'll have suitors. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 7:04 PM, JPFolks said:

Did I say I wanted him to play worse? I reread my statement and it isn't there.  I re-stated my entire point as clearly for you as I could.  You're still arguing it though so what is it you want? 

Not in so many words but if he plays well then he becomes hard to sign, so the only way for him to NOT be hard to sign is for him to play worse.

If you look at what you bolded (which is what you wanted to debate) I said "we'll" meaning THE COLTS.  Then, in parenthesis I put my opinion that I don't want to have to pay over value because some team is trying to hose us.  Go back and look.  So no, I don't want to pay someone if another team is just jacking us around forcing us to pay over true market value, and I don't think we'll pay a giant deal for a TE worth 23TD level money in the open market.  By WE'LL, I am indicating the Colts, otherwise I would say "I" directly without the parenthesis.  

Makes sense and I explained that in my second post.

I do not believe Ballard would even give him Graham level money for 3 or 4 years which he would rightfully be looking for (and likely much more).  I also think it's likely someone out there would pay him above that, I just don't think it would be Ballard.  Do you?

Yes, I think if his 2019 production is similar or better than his 2018 production, I don't think Ballard will hesitate to pay him market value to retain him.

And beyond that (since we're still discussing this), if you were the GM would you pay him 10+ million a year for 3-4 years to resign him after 23 TDs in 2 years? If Funchess can bring in 10 mil for a year, it would likely be much more than 10mil to resign Ebron in that scenario.  How much would you pay? 

Again, yes I would pay him.  How much is tough for me to say because I don't follow contracts like many on here, but I would say that if I were the GM (and I also think Ballard will) I would pay him the current market rate for a top tier TE.  Which I am speculating is going to be similar money to Graham or Kelce + So, in that 10-12 million/yr range on a multi year deal.