Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Garcon Signs With Washington Redskins

MTC

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he's not. He's a good receiver. People throw out the word "Great" way too easily. Completely devalues the word.

I agree, he's good, but he has the potential to be great. I mean, he had a good year with terrible QBs. He could fit in nicely with RG3, but I don't think he'll do well. Look at the Alvin Harper effect, but I'm not sure many people know about that.

I agree, he's good, but he has the potential to be great. I mean, he had a good year with terrible QBs. He could fit in nicely with RG3, but I don't think he'll do well. Look at the Alvin Harper effect, but I'm not sure many people know about that.

He has to solve his concentration issues. The Redskins are apparently betting that he will. I'm not so sure (I hope he does).

But I did like him for the record. Just not as much as Dan Snyder apparently.

How are they being treated? People don't understand that this is a business and thats how the league goes. You guys get to wrapped up into being player fans than being team fans.

Nah I understand its a business ... but for the life of me I cant recall in recent NFL history if ever where a team dumped nearly a dozen starters - many of them pro-bowlers all in one season.

Interesting to see the conflicting opinions about Garcon. I like the signing, personally, but I don't expect him to be a true #1 so much as a niche receiver who brings a few qualities to the table we've been lacking. Between him, Josh Morgan, Leonard Hankerson, Niles Paul, and possibly Eddie Royal we have a pretty diverse group of young, not entirely proven talent. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out.

Garcon has just blew a chance to pair with one of the best QB prospects in 20+ years. Who does he think is going to get the ball to him?

One of the other guys who could be labeled one of the best prospects in 20+ years.

How did the Redskins even have enough dough?

They must have cut some guys.

Best of Luck to Pierre. Wish we could have kept him. Another one bites the dust.

No big cuts, just a combination of intelligent cap management and the fact that even with the massive penalty we still had $18 mil in cap space. Garcon's cap hit for this year is only about $2.1 mil if I'm recalling correctly.

What would the Redskins fans and Garcon do if we draft RGIII? :)

Take Luck and enjoy ourselves just as much. :)

Typical Snyder, overpaying free agents.

Snyder has no say in the players we bring in or the contracts we dish out. He's being a good owner and letting his GM and coach do the work these days.

Nah I understand its a business ... but for the life of me I cant recall in recent NFL history if ever where a team dumped nearly a dozen starters - many of them pro-bowlers all in one season.

Shanahan did it in Washington very recently... but the quality of player was much lower on average than what you guys have given up. The Broncos also had a similar shedding of players (several VERY high quality) when McDaniels showed up and gutted Shanahan's roster. It's actually not uncommon when a team undergoes radical regime change.

yea but not sure how RGIII will do on those deep throws that Garcon is famous for making circus catches and such. I wish Pierre the best as he enters the RGIII era. RGIII should be excited to hear this news however.

Considering throwing deep is RGIII's strong suit, I assume that he'll be okay. Except for the fact that Washington is overpaying WRs and their line is going to get Griffin killed.

No, he's not. He's a good receiver. People throw out the word "Great" way too easily. Completely devalues the word.

No he's a great WR, has speed, power, he can catch much better than some "great" WRs, dependable..... when you have your best season when you have no good QBs throwing to you I think that qualifies as being a great WR

No he's a great WR, has speed, power, he can catch much better than some "great" WRs, dependable..... when you have your best season when you have no good QBs throwing to you I think that qualifies as being a great WR

Bro. Not a chance.

Calvin Johnson,Fitz,Stevie,Steve Smith, Marshall, look what those guys did with zero quality qb play.

Bro. Not a chance.

Calvin Johnson,Fitz,Stevie,Steve Smith, Marshall, look what those guys did with zero quality qb play.

???........... Umm Matthew Stafford, Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme now Can Newton aka superman, Jay Cutler.... no "zero quality QBs" there.

No.

Marvin Harrison is a "great" reciever. Jerry Rice is a "great" reciever.

Pierre Garcon is a good reciever. He might someday become a "great" wide reciever. But right now he is not.

No.

Marvin Harrison is a "great" reciever. Jerry Rice is a "great" reciever.

Pierre Garcon is a good reciever. He might someday become a "great" wide reciever. But right now he is not.

So Terrell Owens isn't a great receiver? He dropped a ton of balls.... to be a great receiver you have to be dependable, consistent, and have something that stands out.... garcon hasn't been a starter his whole life but when he's played he's been a great asset and receiver...... your not allowed in peytons pre game sessions unless you are a pretty darn good WR... it was Harrison then Wayne and only recently garcon was invited.

???........... Umm Matthew Stafford, Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme now Can Newton aka superman, Jay Cutler.... no "zero quality QBs" there.

Ummm really?

Fitz was with who this year? 80/1411/8

Bmarsh was with who this year? 81/1214/6

CJ was with who last year? 77/1120/12

Delhomme. Lol.

So Terrell Owens isn't a great receiver? He dropped a ton of balls.... to be a great receiver you have to be dependable, consistent, and have something that stands out.... garcon hasn't been a starter his whole life but when he's played he's been a great asset and receiver...... your not allowed in peytons pre game sessions unless you are a pretty darn good WR... it was Harrison then Wayne and only recently garcon was invited.

Don't ever compare TO to Garçon.

TO at age 37 on a new team, in 11 games, had a better year than Garçon has ever had.

TOs 2001 season nearly trumps Garçons entire career.

we'll see how better off the raiders are with his son at the helms

i doubt reggie mckenzie would have taken the job if "lil al" wasn't going to give him the power. he has already started cutting some of the bad contracts...

Ummm really?

Fitz was with who this year? 80/1411/8

Bmarsh was with who this year? 81/1214/6

CJ was with who last year? 77/1120/12

Delhomme. Lol.

Those one seasons weren't what made those receivers. Delhomme had a great deal to do with Steve Smith's success. Point is TO has a ball problem yet he's still great, ppls knock on garcon is that he drops balls.... right now garcon is a great WR. If he's targeted like I know he will be he will step up and be there.

Those one seasons weren't what made those receivers.

Not saying they did. Just illustrating what actual great WR do with garbage QB play.

I'm not knocking Pierre. He is what he is. A #2 with limited upside. Take a look at a guy like Davone Bess. The 3rd option on a garbage team. What is the diff between him and Pierre? Not much, and I assure you, people aren't clamoring to call him 'great'.

Not saying they did. Just illustrating what actual great WR do with garbage QB play.

I'm not knocking Pierre. He is what he is. A #2 with limited upside. Take a look at a guy like Davone Bess. The 3rd option on a garbage team. What is the diff between him and Pierre? Not much, and I assure you, people aren't clamoring to call him 'great'.

So how do you explain him having a better season than Wayne if he's "#2"

So how do you explain him having a better season than Wayne if he's "#2"

He didn't....He had less catches, and less yards....

And Wayne took the #1 CB.....Garcon, the #2......

Garcon has accumulated near 25% of his total career yards, and over 50% of his total career TDs in 5 games....Of the 55 he has played in.....

He didn't....He had less catches, and less yards....

And Wayne took the #1 CB.....Garcon, the #2......

Garcon has accumulated near 25% of his total career yards, and over 50% of his total career TDs in 5 games....Of the 55 he has played in.....

Yet he did have more TDs, and those 55 games are misleading.

. He played in 2008 but only had 4 receptions in 14games. After that his numbers spiked up and kept doing so. Garcon has proven that if he is the #1 receiver he can put numbers up and be the go to guy