Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dadi Nicolas signed / Jamal Peters waived

Scott Pennock

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Are we just going to put linebackers out there on defense.

He still has PS eligibility too.... I love the chance to be the team that taps into the physical attributes and he provides some pass rush depth. He's exactly the kind of player (measurables wise) that could be the backup "LEO" - aka the position Banogu projects to play.

Draft video. I like the fact that he has a spin move. Maybe Mathis will have an influence.

We’re still looking for a combo like Mathis and Freeney. I’m liking how there seems to be a plan in place for young guys moving up the depth chart to replace the 30+ Dlineman we now have. 

51 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who Dadi?  I don't think he's ever been on our roster.

You are correct

10 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Wasn’t he on the roster before ? And then got waived or claimed? 

DN was a Chief, Seahawk, and Redskin

He was almost a Brown but a trade by KC for Randall Telfier but the trade fell through

Dadi was a fan favorite on the board at the time of the draft if I'm not mistaken. I remember he fell a bit in the draft because he was kind of slim for the position. I wonder what role they see for him... off-ball linebacker? 

12 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Wasn’t he on the roster before ? And then got waived or claimed? 

No he was traded for that TE from Cleveland Telfor (SP?), it was voided and then we picked up Telfor and voided the signing for failed medical I believe....?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, krunk said:

Only thing I don't understand is he has been in the league for 3 years and has absolutely no stats at all.

I believe he tore his patella tendon the las game of 2016, was on the PUP all of 2017 and Dorsey tried trading for him in 2018 to bring him to Cleveland.....but the trade was cancelled I think for medicals...he bounced around last year between Seattle and Washington's PS.

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This tells me that they are going all-in on the Seattle style D with the pass rushing SAM/Leo role.

Gerri Green meets the criteria for this role as well, though they may be grooming him to handle Sheards role next year and beyond.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

Gerri Green meets the criteria for this role as well

You would think, but Ballard said they worked him out at SAM and decided to keep him at DE.

Not sure, but I think Houston might have played some SAM earlier at Georgia.  I doubt the Colts use him in this role, but he probably could have played it.  Physically, he's fairly similar to Banogu.

20 minutes ago, #12. said:

You would think, but Ballard said they worked him out at SAM and decided to keep him at DE.

Not sure, but I think Houston might have played some SAM earlier at Georgia.  I doubt the Colts use him in this role, but he probably could have played it.  Physically, he's fairly similar to Banogu.

Very true, but versatility is the name of the game! He may end up there if that is his best skillset?

Though I think he's likely Sheard's replacement.