Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
PrincetonTiger

Breaking News: Shooting at Colts staff member home

Any news on the Mother’s Day shooting at a Colts assistant home 

I believe WISH-TV said it occurred on Cressmore Court

Glad no one was home.  Hope he had a nest camera

• Like 1

Just now, Nadine said:

Glad no one was home.  Hope he had a nest camera

According to the report I read they were looking for 8 suspects 

Yikes.

That's just bizarre

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Yikes.

That's just bizarre

I was going to say this... just wth? 

This happened near The Country Club of Indianapolis.  Perps also shot houses next to his.  

There's way more to this story. That's not a hit that's a message. Hope he didn't get himself involved with the wrong people. But Indy is full of a bunch of straight *. 

• Like 2

What the heck?! And my wife wonders why every time we venture into Indy these days, I clamour for an MRAP or Abrams

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is one of the strangest stories I have seen in a while confused gary coleman GIF

Agreed

Things in Indy are much worse than the press will ever acknowledge.  The violence, murders, unrest as well as destruction from drug usage is overwhelming good people in town.  I get this directly from someone who has to deal with it daily (a neighbor who is in law enforcement) and the stuff he tells me is shocking.  And most people just don't have any idea.  He says it is no longer safe to drive through some areas and that the police don't patrol certain areas because they fear it could escalate violence.  Really shocking stuff to hear about.  It's sad because there's so much positive stuff also happening.  A lot of renovations of old houses, more available & affordable quality housing etc. I served on a jury of a well known case involving a guy who straight up murdered a pizza delivery guy and stole his car just so he had a ride back to his house.  It was cold blooded and his entire family and circle of cohorts were all convicted violent criminals and this wasn't "organized" crime.. it was just depressing, extreme poverty, low education, low opportunity generational and societal collapse.  

• Like 1

I heard that it was possibly mistaken identity and they shot up the wrong house. Yikes, hope they catch them before they come back to the area and do it again.

I can add to the story a tiny piece of info.  A store near my house got swamped with 15 police cars several hours after the shooting apparently because there was an ongoing manhunt as one of the assailants had dropped their cellphone which led to another phone which pinged inside the store near here.  But they were no where to be found when the police got there.  This is on a different side of Indy than the West side where the shooting occurred.  

Pretty intense stuff.  

10 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Things in Indy are much worse than the press will ever acknowledge.  The violence, murders, unrest as well as destruction from drug usage is overwhelming good people in town.  I get this directly from someone who has to deal with it daily (a neighbor who is in law enforcement) and the stuff he tells me is shocking.  And most people just don't have any idea.  He says it is no longer safe to drive through some areas and that the police don't patrol certain areas because they fear it could escalate violence.  Really shocking stuff to hear about.  It's sad because there's so much positive stuff also happening.  A lot of renovations of old houses, more available & affordable quality housing etc. I served on a jury of a well known case involving a guy who straight up murdered a pizza delivery guy and stole his car just so he had a ride back to his house.  It was cold blooded and his entire family and circle of cohorts were all convicted violent criminals and this wasn't "organized" crime.. it was just depressing, extreme poverty, low education, low opportunity generational and societal collapse.  

That's the story in most large cities.   Indy is in great shape in comparison to Chicago

28 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I can add to the story a tiny piece of info.  A store near my house got swamped with 15 police cars several hours after the shooting apparently because there was an ongoing manhunt as one of the assailants had dropped their cellphone which led to another phone which pinged inside the store near here.  But they were no where to be found when the police got there.  This is on a different side of Indy than the West side where the shooting occurred.  

Pretty intense stuff.  

I'm surprised the police made public that they had the cell phone.  Kudos to them for being on top of it though.  I hope they catch all of them

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's the story in most large cities.   Indy is in great shape in comparison to Chicago

Well I have lived in both places and I know I can't even enter my old neighborhood in Chicago.  When I lived there it was so-so, then it got revamped and upgraded significantly, but now it isn't safe to even drive through (though a major road goes through it).  Sadly however, Chicago is perhaps the worst place in the country today.  So sure, we're better off, but that's a pretty low bar to compare us against.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I'm surprised the police made public that they had the cell phone.  Kudos to them for being on top of it though.  I hope they catch all of them

I actually had found out what I posted before I even saw the news report about them finding the cell phone.  I agree it is odd they reported it, unless they wanted the shooters to KNOW they had his phone.  Could be a tactic.  

When I heard about the store near me I didn't initially know a Colts coach was part of the story until after I saw it here.  Too close for comfort for me that's for sure.  

20 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Too close for comfort for me that's for sure.  

For sure.  I've been robbed.  I had to move because I didn't feel safe anymore. Been wondering what this man will do once he's repaired his home

• Sad 1

This is scary! I hope they find the perps and lock them up, they could have killed many people. They will probably get 2 years jail, probation and back on the streets. Out legal system is so broken

This happened to my uncle just minutes south of castleton.  The police felt it was a gang initiation.  They pick a house randomly and shoot at it with a new gang member.  His house was shot 40 times or so.  He was inside with his family but thankfully nobody was hurt.  They never caught them.

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Nadine said:

For sure.  I've been robbed.  I had to move because I didn't feel safe anymore. Been wondering what this man will do once he's repaired his home

My wife is a pharmacist who has been robbed 4 times, 3 at work with a gun to her head twice and once at home also with a gun to her head on a gang initiation night here in Indy. They robbed the local convenience store near our house, happened to see my wife coming in from work, robbed her even though an Indy Policewoman's cruiser was parked right in front of our house. Later that night they tried to rob another woman, much the same as my wife, but instead of handing her purse over, this woman tried to scramble inside her house and they shot at her through the door and hit her daughter instead.  We moved as soon as we could.  

Pharmacies are a dangerous job and sadly we are living in a dangerous city. In a few minutes they can get over 100K in drugs. It's a big target. 

12 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

My wife is a pharmacist who has been robbed 4 times, 3 at work with a gun to her head twice and once at home also with a gun to her head on a gang initiation night here in Indy. They robbed the local convenience store near our house, happened to see my wife coming in from work, robbed her even though an Indy Policewoman's cruiser was parked right in front of our house. Later that night they tried to rob another woman, much the same as my wife, but instead of handing her purse over, this woman tried to scramble inside her house and they shot at her through the door and hit her daughter instead.  We moved as soon as we could.  

Pharmacies are a dangerous job and sadly we are living in a dangerous city. In a few minutes they can get over 100K in drugs. It's a big target. 

Yeah there's been a spree on robbing Walgreens every year it seems. The drug addicts getting their fix moreso than stealing and selling it. Sad.

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

Yeah there's been a spree on robbing Walgreens every year it seems. The drug addicts getting their fix moreso than stealing and selling it. Sad.

Walgreens and CVS get robbed almost nightly, sometimes multiple stores in one night here in Indy.  It almost never gets reported on the news.  Bad for business and all.  They don't hit the Wal Marts, Targets etc. because they are in the middle of the stores by design and most have bullet proof glass protecting employees.  Not the two big free standing chains.  All the employees are ripe for the picking.  And I could go on and on, but I will stop.  

• Like 1

Whatever happened to putting your hands up and hashing out a beef if words couldn't?  It seems as if we have a bunch of video game warriors that have no clue what really being tough is?  It is sad and unfortunately, I worried that Indy's offseason was too quiet for a change.  I guess not, may those responsible be held accountable.

I’ve been thru and in and out of every city in this country.  I can say without any doubt that Indianapolis doesn’t even rank in my top 50 worse cities to spend a night in

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I’m wondering if the bad guys shot up the wrong home?   Perhaps the wrong address?

That strikes me as more likely than a football aide having his home shot up because he’s involved with the wrong crowd...  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IndyPhil said:

This happened to my uncle just minutes south of castleton.  The police felt it was a gang initiation.  They pick a house randomly and shoot at it with a new gang member.

That was my first thought in this case.

Being that they also kicked in the rear door is concerning.   Doesn't really come of as just some sort of warning.  

Witnesses told the police they saw eight young men arrive outside the home in multiple vehicles. According to the police report, the men kicked in a rear door and then fired off shots. One of the suspects also dropped his cell phone while the group was trying to evade the scene.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Being that they also kicked in the rear door is concerning.   Doesn't really come of as just some sort of warning.  

Witnesses told the police they saw eight young men arrive outside the home in multiple vehicles. According to the police report, the men kicked in a rear door and then fired off shots. One of the suspects also dropped his cell phone while the group was trying to evade the scene.

Dropped his cell phone lmao . Isn't karma beautiful karma GIF by SVU Ice T is correct.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:37 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Sorry I had to... 

giphy.gif

Not a fire fight if it’s one sided