Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Way too early 53 man roster plus PS

CR91

I think that's pretty close to spot on. I think Farley would make it over Kindred. The battle for the last CB between Collins, Hairston, and Milton will be one to watch. Green would have to show a lot to beat at Muhammed IMO. PS looks good.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

QB- Luck, Brissett

RB- Mack, Ware, Hines, Wilkins

WR-Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, Cain, Pascal, Rogers

TE- Ebron, Doyle, Allie-Cox, Hentges 

LT- AC, Webb

LG- Nelson

C- Kelly, Boehm

RG- Glowinski, Haeg

RT- Smith, Garcia

Offense-25

DE- Sheard, Turay

UT- Autry, Lewis, Ward

NT- Hunt, Stewart

DE- Houston, Green

SAM- Benogu, Adams

Mike- Walker, Okereke

Will- Leonard, Speed

CB- Desir, Ya-sin, Moore, Wilson, Collins

SS- Geathers, Willis, Kindred

FS- Hooker, Tell

Defense-25

K-Vinny

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

ST-3

PS- Walker, Odum, Peters, Patterson, Hart, Fountain, Poehls, Skai Moore, Franklin, Barton

Not sure if we can put Odum and the LBers on the PS, but that is my guess for the 53 man roster.

As the roster is currently constructed, it seems pretty spot on to me.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts this early in the process.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

QB- Luck, Brissett

LT- AC, Webb

LG- Nelson

C- Kelly, Boehm

RG- Glowinski, Haeg

RT- Smith, Garcia

Offense-25

DE- Sheard, Turay

UT- Autry, Lewis, Ward

NT- Hunt, Stewart

DE- Houston, Green

SAM- Benogu, Adams

Mike- Walker, Okereke

Will- Leonard, Speed

FS- Hooker, Tell

Defense-25

K-Vinny

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

ST-3

PS- Walker, Odum, Peters, Patterson, Hart, Fountain, Poehls, Skai Moore, Franklin, Barton

Not sure if we can put Odum and the LBers on the PS, but that is my guess for the 53 man roster.

Pretty much agree with all this, except I hate to not see Farley somewhere.  When he is in the game he seems like he makes a lot of plays.  Definitely should be on the PS at the least.  I don't know much about Kindred, but last season I liked Farley as much or possibly better than Geathers.  Please , don't crucify me.

56 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

As the roster is currently constructed, it seems pretty spot on to me.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts this early in the process.

Thank you brother

4 minutes ago, BlueCrew48 said:

Pretty much agree with all this, except I hate to not see Farley somewhere.  When he is in the game he seems like he makes a lot of plays.  Definitely should be on the PS at the least.  I don't know much about Kindred, but last season I liked Farley as much or possibly better than Geathers.  Please , don't crucify me.

Farley is decent to me. I think Kindred has better upside, but thats just me.

• Like 1

I think a DL/S makes it to the roster and Pascal or Rogers end up being cut, giving 24 to the offense and 26 to the defense, IMO. I also am not so sure Hentges makes it either.

WR-Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, Cain, Rogers

is what I would lean towards if we keep 4 TEs. You expect both Fountain and Cain to make that 2nd year jump, so it is going to be tough, those choices.

We could very well keep 6 WRs and just 3 TEs as well. 

Nice job @CR91   Probably nailed the starters and at least 48.  I’m also in the Farley camp.  I don’t know a lot about Hentges but I thought Travis looked good when (or if) he’s healthy.  

TBH, I wouldn’t mind hearing the old Johnny Cash song when they announce the starting DTs.   How’d that go again?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Nice job @CR91   Probably nailed the starters and at least 48.  I’m also in the Farley camp.  I don’t know a lot about Hentges but I thought Travis looked good when (or if) he’s healthy.  

TBH, I wouldn’t mind hearing the old Johnny Cash song when they announce the starting DTs.   How’d that go again?

Im fine with either. I just think Kindred has more upside. Hentges is mostly a blocking TE, but he can make plays in the passing game. Alabama just never used him much other then a 6th linemen

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I think a DL/S makes it to the roster and Pascal or Rogers end up being cut, giving 24 to the offense and 26 to the defense, IMO. I also am not so sure Hentges makes it either.

WR-Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, Cain, Rogers

is what I would lean towards if we keep 4 TEs. You expect both Fountain and Cain to make that 2nd year jump, so it is going to be tough, those choices.

We could very well keep 6 WRs and just 3 TEs as well. 

Hentges WAS a little light to be a solid NFL blocker in the run game IMO.
Who knows what he will weigh by cut time.
 All considered he would likely be easily moved to the pracice squad, IMO.

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

As good as you can do in May @CR91  I personally think you have one too many in the RB, TE and WR group.  Probably won't carry 6 WRs, 4 RBs and 4TEs.  

I also think you are light on LBs.  

Maybe not Hentges, but the colts love TEs also Green has experience standing up if they wanna experiment with that 

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

As good as you can do in May @CR91  I personally think you have one too many in the RB, TE and WR group.  Probably won't carry 6 WRs, 4 RBs and 4TEs.  

I also think you are light on LBs.  

Hines being so multi-faceted may make 5 WR's more feasible?  Just food for thought.

• Like 1

That's pretty close to how I think it will be. But, I have Milton at cb because he has been our best special teams cover guy the last 2 years. And I also keep Odum and not Kindred. And Franklin at lb with Speed on the ps.

@CR91 nice one. pretty close to what i would pick.

like @DougDew said, pretty sure Tell will start as a sub package CB.

I think Farley will be there if he's healthy. 

I think you're spot on with 9 OL if everyone's healthy to start the year

just small nits...

1) Doubt Hart makes it. Just too slow, and doesn't bring enough unique talent. 

2) I'd throw Dulin on the PS just because of the upside and return skills

3) I only think we keep 3TEs on the 53 if Doyle is healthy, but I can see Hentges on the PS

4) coin flip, but if Fountain improved (supposedly he's been killing it this off season training with a coach), I could see him flip flopping with Pascal

5) wouldn't be shocked to see Ya-sin starting in the first half of the season. I'm calling a week 3 INT for him as his coming out.

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

QB- Luck, Brissett

LT- AC, Webb

LG- Nelson

C- Kelly, Boehm

RG- Glowinski, Haeg

RT- Smith, Garcia

Offense-25

DE- Sheard, Turay

UT- Autry, Lewis, Ward

NT- Hunt, Stewart

DE- Houston, Green

SAM- Benogu, Adams

Mike- Walker, Okereke

Will- Leonard, Speed

FS- Hooker, Tell

Defense-25

K-Vinny

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

ST-3

Excellent work for it only being May. I like this roster :thmup:

10 hours ago, BlueCrew48 said:

I think Farley is kept.  Ballard said they will be playing Tell at CB so I think the CBs wind up being Moore, Desir, Ya-Sin, Tell and Wilson if they only keep 5.

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

@CR91 nice one. pretty close to what i would pick.

like @DougDew said, pretty sure Tell will start as a sub package CB.

I think Farley will be there if he's healthy. 

I think you're spot on with 9 OL if everyone's healthy to start the year

just small nits...

1) Doubt Hart makes it. Just too slow, and doesn't bring enough unique talent. 

2) I'd throw Dulin on the PS just because of the upside and return skills

3) I only think we keep 3TEs on the 53 if Doyle is healthy, but I can see Hentges on the PS

4) coin flip, but if Fountain improved (supposedly he's been killing it this off season training with a coach), I could see him flip flopping with Pascal

5) wouldn't be shocked to see Ya-sin starting in the first half of the season. I'm calling a week 3 INT for him as his coming out.

Personally I hope we keep Fountain and Pascal and move on from Rogers.

2 minutes ago, J@son said:

I think Farley is kept.  Ballard said they will be playing Tell at CB so I think the CBs wind up being Moore, Desir, Ya-Sin, Tell and Wilson if they only keep 5.

Personally I hope we keep Fountain and Pascal and move on from Rogers.

like i've said several times, Rogers is the only experienced back up for the Z, second in WR yards last year, and he was our returner. I'm fine with parting with the "2nd in WR yards", but not fine with getting rid of our only experienced back up for TY at Z, and his experience at return. 

i'd like to keep both Pascal and Fountain too. If Fountain is improving, I can see him taking Pascals slot or staying on the PS. Bottom line, it's very crowded at X. It's not crowded at all at Z and traditional slot. We could easily fill in at X (Cain, Pascal, Funchess, Fountain), but not Z or slot (unless you only play "big" slot).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

like i've said several times, Rogers is the only experienced back up for the Z, second in WR yards last year, and he was our returner. I'm fine with parting with the "2nd in WR yards", but not fine with getting rid of our only experienced back up for TY at Z, and his experience at return. 

i'd like to keep both Pascal and Fountain too. If Fountain is improving, I can see him taking Pascals slot or staying on the PS. Bottom line, it's very crowded at X. It's not crowded at all at Z and traditional slot. We could easily fill in at X (Cain, Pascal, Funchess, Fountain), but not Z or slot (unless you only play "big" slot).

fair enough.  I still hope he's the odd man out though. :)

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

fair enough.  I still hope he's the odd man out though. :)

Not in love with Rogers, just recognize what he meant to the team last year, which was a lot. he took a huge step forward from 2017. 

I will love it if Campbell kills it at slot (if that's where they put him), and kills it at returns. Just not ready to shove all the chips in this year. We have lots of potential, not lots of production. I'm betting on the potential, just not enough to cut lose some of things we relied on last year. 

:-). 2020 I could be singing a very different tune!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Sometimes we forget how important it is to have WRs who can block, like Pascal. 

8 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Not in love with Rogers, just recognize what he meant to the team last year, which was a lot. he took a huge step forward from 2017. 

I will love it if Campbell kills it at slot (if that's where they put him), and kills it at returns. Just not ready to shove all the chips in this year. We have lots of potential, not lots of production. I'm betting on the potential, just not enough to cut lose some of things we relied on last year. 

:-). 2020 I could be singing a very different tune!

I simply don't agree with that.  He was 2nd on the team with 5 drops and they seemed to have all been in pretty critical situations.  He's a decent returner but not really good or great (imo).  He has value, but I wouldn't say "a lot".  I'm simply ready to move on..but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

Only error I found was that Leonard, Banogo, and Walker all have incorrect first names, and their positions were also left out. MLB, OLB, OLB. I know it's nitpicking a bit.

Please tell me youre joking

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 1:04 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

I think that's pretty close to spot on. I think Farley would make it over Kindred. The battle for the last CB between Collins, Hairston, and Milton will be one to watch. Green would have to show a lot to beat at Muhammed IMO. PS looks good.

Hairston seems like a player that has a chance to be traded for a late round pick to a CB needy team.

44 minutes ago, CR91 said:

For those saying Tell is gonna play CB, I agree, but I also see us using him as hybrid S where we leave him in space to cover and lurk in certain coverages

I agree with the Hybrid thinking.  I don't think he's got much shot at making the team just as a CB because the CB room is crowded.. He'll need to do CB, S, and special teams.  That's what will get him ahead of guys like Chris Milton.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

For those saying Tell is gonna play CB, I agree, but I also see us using him as hybrid S where we leave him in space to cover and lurk in certain coverages

So I'd call him a CB who will also play Safety, not a Safety that will also play CB.  

50 minutes ago, krunk said:

I agree with the Hybrid thinking.  I don't think he's got much shot at making the team just as a CB because the CB room is crowded.. He'll need to do CB, S, and special teams.  That's what will get him ahead of guys like Chris Milton.

For that reason he may wind up on the PS.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:50 PM, CR91 said:

QB- Luck, Brissett

LT- AC, Webb

LG- Nelson

C- Kelly, Boehm

RG- Glowinski, Haeg

RT- Smith, Garcia

Offense-25

DE- Sheard, Turay

UT- Autry, Lewis, Ward

NT- Hunt, Stewart

DE- Houston, Green

SAM- Benogu, Adams

Mike- Walker, Okereke

Will- Leonard, Speed

FS- Hooker, Tell

Defense-25

K-Vinny

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

ST-3

Not bad, but the Colts are moving  Tell over to CB.

Thanks for doing...... from my opinion its should end up being very close

Is Webb a RT or LT?......  I was thinking he was a RT.

I also think we will ALL be surprised with the DBs

There will be some feel good players from last year (And maybe this year) that will be cut

Thats what happens when your team improves

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for doing...... from my opinion its should end up being very close

Is Webb a RT or LT?......  I was thinking he was a RT.

I also think we will ALL be surprised with the DBs

There will be some feel good players from last year (And maybe this year) that will be cut

Thats what happens when your team improves

My take away is that in years past there would be the final 53 and then the next day more would be cut after Ballard made claims on waved guys from around the league.  This year I expect those claims to be at a minimum.  

Webb started his one game last year at LT before he got hurt.  

On 5/8/2019 at 1:23 PM, indyagent17 said:

I think we'll keep 10 offensive linemen not 9

I hope you are right, but that assumes a 10th would be deserving of keeping, it will depend on camp/preseason games.  I am not sure which WR would get knocked out, but this is the real life version of my earlier question on which positions do you favor with those last 1 or 2 guys on Offense.  I picked OL and TE.  Some picked WR and RB.  6WRs versus 10OLs.  It is an interesting choice.  Quality OL's who flash in a preseason game may be a valuable target off our practice squad, especially for weak OLs out there like Houston.  If some position could overcome a temporary deficiency I think I would pick WR before OL.  But that's just me.  

14 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Sometimes we forget how important it is to have WRs who can block, like Pascal. 

What WRs are you assuming can't block?

I agree that WRs (and RBs) need to block on plays that require it in a perfect world. Some WRs are just so dangerous in receiving, they're blocking issues are overlooked. And of course WRs can be situational based on play calling. I'm just not sure I can say for a fact that our other (or new) WRs can't block.