Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Rookie Minicamp Draft Questions

colt18

Parris Campbell

Rock Ya-Sin, just because I would've rather had Greedy Williams/Taylor Rapp/AJ Brown

Marvin Tell. He has potential with his range...him and Hooker on the field could be trouble.

N'Keal Harry or Ed Oliver

Greedy Williams/Taylor Rapp

Shakail Taylor/Ashton Dulin

B+

1. Parris Campbell

Rock Ya Sin because I would rather have Murphy

Speed...though I think Willis will prove to be better than his draft position.

Jacobs RB Alabama, Winovich (sp?)

Dulin, the cornerback from Miss State who survived rookie minicamp

5 hours ago, colt18 said:

Best Pick: Khari Willis

Worst Pick: Gerri Green

Sleeper Pick: E.J. Speed

Wish they could’ Got:  Brian Burns

Can’t believe they passed on: Jerry Tillery

UFDAs to watch: Ashton Dulin & Johnny Robinson.

Draft Grade: A-

Best Pick: Ben Banogu 

Worst Pick: Khari Willis

Sleeper Pick: Marvell Tell III

Wish they could’ve got: Jerry Tillery 

Can’t believe they passed on: Greedy Williams 

UDFA to Watch: dnt knw dnt care

Draft Grade: A

Best - Banogu (he’ll have the biggest on field impact)

Worst - Willis

Sleeper - Okereke

Wish - Sweat

Passed - Sweat

UDFA - Robinson

Grade: TBD - depends on where that 2nd falls next year and who we grab with it.

Best Pick: Ya Sin, has all the makings of a shutdown corner

Worst Pick: Green (but who really knows now)

Sleeper Pick: Tell III

Wish they could’ve got: Jeffery Simmons

Can’t believe they passed on: Josh Jacobs

UDFA to Watch:  Hart

Best Pick: Campbell - at that slot in the draft it was a steal

Worst Pick: I'm afraid to say b/c it will probably turn into an all pro as a rookie

Sleeper Pick: Speed  - no one saw that pick coming and if he pans out in any way...

Wish they could’ve got: Bosa.  Duh.

Can’t believe they passed on: Abram in round one, Little in the second, Greg gaines later

UDFA to Watch:  I'll take peters for the win.  no wait i''ll take the rando kicker. no wait...

• Like 1

Best Pick: Parris Campbell, for where we got him, and how he fits this offense

Worst Pick: Not anyone, really, because they have a plan for every pick and if they have a plan, they will use them one way or the other. This category would have been better if termed "head scratcher pick".

Sleeper Pick: Marvell Tell - feel like he could be used in various dime formations and might contribute more than we think

Wish they could’ Got:  Jeffrey Simmons

Can’t believe they passed on: Jerry Tillery

UFDAs to watch: Jordan Thompson & Ashton Dulin

Draft Grade: Who the heck is this self-professed Mel Kiper anyway? :D

• Like 1

We didn’t pass on Josh Jacobs.   He was drafted with pick 24.   Colts picked 26.

As for Greedy Williams....   what does it tell you that the most physically talented corner in the draft — by far — lasts to pick 45?   And he’s roughly the 5th or 6th corner taken behind some guys who were more slot corners than outside guys.  (Less valuable).  The whole league passed on him once and the Colts passed on him twice.   What does that tell you?!?

Does Greedy sound like a Ballard-type if guy?   Come on............ 

• Like 3

Best Pick: Parris Campbell

Worst Pick: Khari Willis ?

Sleeper Pick: Marvell Tell

Can’t believe they passed on: Hakeem Butler... only because they passed on him about 5 times... 

UDFA to Watch: Ashton Dulin, WR

Draft Grade: B

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We didn’t pass on Josh Jacobs.   He was drafted with pick 24.   Colts picked 26.

As for Greedy Williams....   what does it tell you that the most physically talented corner in the draft — by far — lasts to pick 45?   And he’s roughly the 5th or 6th corner taken behind some guys who were more slot corners than outside guys.  (Less valuable).  The whole league passed on him once and the Colts passed on him twice.   What does that tell you?!?

Does Greedy sound like a Ballard-type if guy?   Come on............ 

It's because he's not a great fit for what we seem to want from our CBs

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

Can’t believe they passed on: Hakeem Butler... only because they passed on him about 5 times... 

what do we want from our corners 

26 minutes ago, stitches said:

Whats the excuse for Greedy being passed on by everyone else?  Remember, taken at pick 45.

Talented guy:  yes.

Ballard guy:   No.

16 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

what do we want from our corners 

Being physical at the LOS, being able to jam receivers and disrupt their release + we want good tacklers. Pretty much the worst aspects of Greedy Williams are in this description. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Whats the excuse for Greedy being passed on by everyone else?  Remember, taken at pick 45.

Talented guy:  yes.

Ballard guy:   No.

I have no idea but there is something fishy for sure. His talent is better than mid-second pick. He probably didn't interview well with teams + for whatever reason (and this is shocking) he didn't get a single top 30 visit invite from any team. You are very likely right though... he doesn't seem like a Ballard guy probably on multiple levels(style of play/system fit and attitude?) 

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

I have no idea but there is something fishy for sure. His talent is better than mid-second pick. He probably didn't interview well with teams + for whatever reason (and this is shocking) he didn't get a single top 30 visit invite from any team. You are very likely right though... he doesn't seem like a Ballard guy probably on multiple levels(style of play/system fit and attitude?) 

I want to be clear about this...   I like Greedy...    I like and even prefer Man corners.   Greedy was my top CB on my board.    What I couldn’t figure out is why so many analysts ranked him roughly between 20-40 overall?    Made no sense to me.   It appears there is much about him that we don’t know...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Being physical at the LOS, being able to jam receivers and disrupt their release + we want good tacklers. Pretty much the worst aspects of Greedy Williams are in this description. 

greedy has been a dominant corner in college he does everything. the knock on him was how engaged he is when the team isn’t playing well.

Greedy actually bullies receivers 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I just wonder if there is a little bit of a pacman Jones type of person in this guy? Maybe it was simply his lack of willingness to tackle but something is a miss in how this kid fell. Most felt he would be the first or second cb off the board mid first round. 

Best Pick:  Ben Okerere (I think he'll wind up starting or seeing the field very early, maybe not as much long term potential as Banguno, but I think he'll contribute early and often)

Worst Pick: EJ Speed (he could also be the sleeper pick -- the reason I put him as worst pick is because I think we could've gotten him later in the draft)

Sleeper Pick:  Khari Willis (I will not be shocked to see him taking snaps away from Geathers or playing on the field with Geathers and Hooker at some point this season).... Josh Barton is the other one -- he's huge and seems athletic for a tackle (he needs to build some lower body strength and work on technique, but I'll be excited to see what Mudd can do with this guy, it may take some time, but I won't be shocked to see him on the field in a year or 2).... Gerri Green is another guy I expect to contribute this year who nobody seems to really talk about

Wish they could’ve got:  N/A -- other than a few DL who went in the top 20, which we knew we weren't going to get, I don't think we really missed on anything throughout the rest of the draft (sure it'd be nice to have Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, etc... but I think we all knew that wasn't going to happen)

Can’t believe they passed on:  N/A -- if we didn't sign Funchess, I'd say K'Neal Harry, but with Funchess we already have a big-bodied WR and I think if Funchess pans out, we're probably better off with Campbell anyway

UDFA to Watch: Hale Hentges (he reminds me of a young Doyle)... Jegs Jegede (he's raw/from a small school, but a physical freak and almost the same exact build as Autry) ... Jamal Peters/Shakial Taylor -- I doubt both make the team, but they're both good-sized for CBs and both seem athletic

Draft Grade: A-

40 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

greedy has been a dominant corner in college he does everything. the knock on him was how engaged he is when the team isn’t playing well.

Greedy actually bullies receivers 

I disagree. His physicality and tackling were some of his most pronounced weaknesses...

3 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Worst Pick: I'm afraid to say b/c it will probably turn into an all pro as a rookie

Then please go ahead and start listing names!  We can always use more all-pro players!

• Like 2

Best Pick: Campbell, but I think RYS will do great things too after his rawness is polished.

Worst Pick: Patterson

Sleeper Pick: Tell

Wish they could’ve got: If we're wishing, Q Williams or Ed Oliver.

Can’t believe they passed on:  

Real time what was available... 

26 - Sweat and Tiller

34 - A bit surprised they didn't go with an OT (Taylor, Little, Ford)

49 - WR AJ Brown

59 - S Rapp or Thornhill

89 - S SJG or CB Love

109 - S Hooker or RB Snell

144 - CB Oruwariye 

164 - LB Walker

199 - CB Jordan Brown or WR Harmon

UDFA to Watch: Dulin (Colts). Alex Barr (Bears). Siavon Smith (Jags). Preston Williams (Dolphins). Damarkus Lodge (TB). 

Draft Grade: C+ trending to B.