Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Colts Forum League 2019

I'm not a fan of the 4 point for all TD thing. You mentioned RBBC as the reasoning, but that's why RBs are taken early and often, there's a premium there. There's still enough guys being featured that you can field 2 RBs easily, and in PPR pass-catching guys like White, Cohen, and Hines can realistically be slotted into your RB1 slot (White and Cohen both finished as RB1s last year). Just my 2 cents. If you wanna add something to the RBs to keep them relevant, try a small point per carry bonus. Like .2 or .25 per carry 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/6/2019 at 4:19 AM, Juanjo said:

What about giving a bonus to the players reaching 100 rushing / receiving or 300 passing yards instead of  lowering the points for all TDs?

I did think about it.

Here are rules I think might make the league more interesting, let me know with a Yes or No:

1. Half point per reception 

2. 1 Bonus point for every 100 yards receiving or rushing

3. 1 Bonus point for 400 yards passing by a QB (most QBs throw for 300 yards nowadays with their eyes closed, so the bar has to be slightly higher, IMO)

23 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Half ppr is basically standard at this point. I've been playing for 18 years, and haven't played a standard league in probably 10 lol. Cash league sites like FFPC, DraftKings, and FanDuel don't even offer standard as an option. 

See post above.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I did think about it.

Here are rules I think might make the league more interesting, let me know with a Yes or No:

1. Half point per reception 

2. 1 Bonus point for every 100 yards receiving or rushing

3. 1 Bonus point for 400 yards passing by a QB (most QBs throw for 300 yards nowadays with their eyes closed, so the bar has to be slightly higher, IMO)

See post above.

I'm not a fan of the bonus points.  

As far as PPR, I don't really care one way or the other, it changes the strategy a bit.  

On 7/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Is this a standard league? Lol like not PPR?

One thing we do differently from most leagues that changes strategy is that QB's are awarded 6 points for a passing TD.  In most league's it's 4.  

It increases the value of QB's in our league.  

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

One thing we do differently from most leagues that changes strategy is that QB's are awarded 6 points for a passing TD.  In most league's it's 4.  

It increases the value of QB's in our league.  

True. Given that we play only 1 QB, it maximizes what we get out of the QB position.

OK, so far:

1. Half-PPR: @Juanjo yes, @Valpo2004 yes (indifferent is a yes to me), @chad72 yes

2. 1 bonus points for every 100 rushing or receiving yards: @Juanjo yes, @Valpo2004 no, @chad72 yes

3. 1 bonus point for 400 yards passing: @Juanjo yes, @Valpo2004 no, @chad72 yes

Others, please chime in. Those would be:

@Virtuoso80 @SteelCityColt @IndyD4U @spoonfish @Rich Cannon @SouthernIndianaNDFan @Chucklez @onebad150 @Bluefire4

As always, no decisions are taken in our league without a consensus. So, if you agree or disagree with something, please contribute. :) 

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

OK, so far:

1. Half-PPR: @Juanjo yes, @Valpo2004 yes (indifferent is a yes to me), @chad72 yes

2. 1 bonus points for every 100 rushing or receiving yards: @Juanjo yes, @Valpo2004 no, @chad72 yes

@Virtuoso80 @SteelCityColt @IndyD4U @spoonfish @Rich Cannon @SouthernIndianaNDFan @Chucklez @onebad150 @Bluefire4

As always, no decisions are taken in our league without a consensus. So, if you agree or disagree with something, please contribute. :) 

Yes

Yes

Yes

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

OK, so far:

I’ve never done a ppr league but am happy to do it.

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

OK, so far:

I would say yes to all 3.

We have 7 out of 12 say yes to half PPR and the bonus points. So, that's a done deal. 

I will make those changes to the scoring settings. When August 1st comes around, a lot of our kids will be back to school, and we will have a better idea of our August schedules. That is when I will bring up our discussion for draft date and timing. Thanks everyone!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 1:44 PM, chad72 said:

@SouthernIndianaNDFan has agreed to join the Colts forum elite league.

So, the final 12 GM line up looks like this:

@Virtuoso80(DEFENDING CHAMP)
@Rich Cannon

@Juanjo

@Valpo2004 
@Bluefire4 
@IndyD4U 
@spoonfish

@SteelCityColt 
@chad72 (COMMISH)

@Chucklez

@onebad150

@SouthernIndianaNDFan

Now, I will soon open it up to voting on rules.

@Colt92  I'm confused.  If there was an opening in the Elite league, shouldn't it have been filled by the top team in the Joe league?  Which would create an opening in the Joe league for any newcomers?

I asked to join the Elite league last year, and was told I had to "earn" my way in by playing in the Joe league first and finish the season as one of the top teams...

:scratch:

On 7/24/2019 at 10:03 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I wasn't a top finisher in the Joe league, but I'd like to move up.

Sorry man, you were just a tad late!!! I didn't know all your history from last year. 

I tried reaching out to the 3rd best team from the Joe's league for as long as I could but once that time lapsed, I opened the 1 slot up and SouthernIndianaNDFan was interested.

I will definitely keep you in mind the next time a slot opens up. This year was unusual that 3 slots opened up, the top 2 from Joe's league took their place (after Colts92 managed to respond after nearly a month :)) and then the hunt for the 3rd team took place. 

Sorry man, you were just a tad late!!! I didn't know all your history from last year.

It's not like it's too late.  It's not even August...  To be fair, you moved the timeline this year up by like two months compared to last year (July 16).  I wasn't even thinking about fantasy football when you started this thread (May 6).  :dunno:

I tried reaching out to the 3rd best team from the Joe's league for as long as I could but once that time lapsed, I opened the 1 slot up and SouthernIndianaNDFan was interested.

I understand the lack of communication can be frustrating, but I'm pretty salty right now because it doesn't seem fair to skip everyone else in the Joe league when they already put in at least a year trying to get into the Elite league, and then someone that happened to see the right post on the right day can just jump right in without "earning" it...  (Sorry @SouthernIndianaNDFan, I'm not mad at you, I'm just miffed you got to skip the Joe league when I was told something different last year.)  :censored:

Shouldn't you at least try to reach out to last years' 4th place from the Joe league if you don't hear from 3rd, 5th if you don't hear from 4th, etc. until everyone from the Joe league has been ruled out before opening it up to everyone else?  I was 7th, so I'm too far down the list to get in anyway, I'd just appreciate consistency if we're going to use the Joe league to get into the Elite league.  :hat:

But @Btown_Colt was 4th and should have been offered the spot.  :rantoff:

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It's not like it's too late.  It's not even August...  To be fair, you moved the timeline this year up by like two months compared to last year (July 16).  I wasn't even thinking about fantasy football when you started this thread (May 6).  :dunno:

I understand the lack of communication can be frustrating, but I'm pretty salty right now because it doesn't seem fair to skip everyone else in the Joe league when they already put in at least a year trying to get into the Elite league, and then someone that happened to see the right post on the right day can just jump right in without "earning" it...  (Sorry @SouthernIndianaNDFan, I'm not mad at you, I'm just miffed you got to skip the Joe league when I was told something different last year.)  :censored:

Shouldn't you at least try to reach out to last years' 4th place from the Joe league if you don't hear from 3rd, 5th if you don't hear from 4th, etc. until everyone from the Joe league has been ruled out before opening it up to everyone else?  I was 7th, so I'm too far down the list to get in anyway, I'd just appreciate consistency if we're going to use the Joe league to get into the Elite league.  :hat:

But @Btown_Colt was 4th and should have been offered the spot.  :rantoff:

I know your history as a poster and I don't wish to engage in pages of back and forth like you are capable of, and add to it your saltiness, I have no intention to prolong it beyond this response though you will be itching to. So I will respond just this one time.

After last year, when the Joe's league winner, @Virtuoso80 won it all in the Elite league in his first year, I realized that FF is such a game of luck that this false pyramid we have created to "earn" your way into the Elite league is just something people play along, doesn't truly have merit. 2 Top finishers from the Elite league chose not to come back. A 2 time champ finished 12th in the Elite league, that is just the game of FF. I hate the name "Elite", makes it seem like some Augusta Masters club that people have to earn their way into. I just kept the league name to maintain consistency when I became commish last year, maybe I will change it when I have the time.

Only the top 2 in the Joe's league are truly guaranteed anything, to be honest, in order to play along with the tradition that was in place prior to me becoming commish last year. The rest, you can choose to be part of any league at any point in time. No one is forcing the Elite league members to come back, no one is forcing the Joe's league members to come back. The levels of talent are not that much apart that one needs to view it as some kind of upper echeleon of FF players, I have played and seen enough FF. 

The only reason I started the thread early was to get in folks' buy in before they got busy with summer vacation plans. Plus, I had vacations myself in June and July that I felt would disrupt the continuity, hence wanted to give myself plenty of time. Now, I have vacations with my family to the Dunes to get to, so continue on with your rant. The league's GM roster is set for 2019. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

I know your history as a poster and I don't wish to engage in pages of back and forth like you are capable of, and add to it your saltiness, I have no intention to prolong it beyond this response though you will be itching to. So I will respond just this one time.

After last year, when the Joe's league winner, @Virtuoso80 won it all in the Elite league in his first year, I realized that FF is such a game of luck that this false pyramid we have created to "earn" your way into the Elite league is just something people play along, doesn't truly have merit. 2 Top finishers from the Elite league chose not to come back. A 2 time champ finished 12th in the Elite league, that is just the game of FF. I hate the name "Elite", makes it seem like some Augusta Masters club that people have to earn their way into. I just kept the league name to maintain consistency when I became commish last year, maybe I will change it when I have the time.

Only the top 2 in the Joe's league are truly guaranteed anything, to be honest, in order to play along with the tradition that was in place prior to me becoming commish last year. The rest, you can choose to be part of any league at any point in time. No one is forcing the Elite league members to come back, no one is forcing the Joe's league members to come back. The levels of talent are not that much apart that one needs to view it as some kind of upper echeleon of FF players, I have played and seen enough FF. 

The only reason I started the thread early was to get in folks' buy in before they got busy with summer vacation plans. Plus, I had vacations myself in June and July that I felt would disrupt the continuity, hence wanted to give myself plenty of time. Now, I have vacations with my family to the Dunes to get to, so continue on with your rant. The league's GM roster is set for 2019. 

@Lucky Colts Fan isn’t wrong. It’s the Elite and then Joes. To let someone come in when there are people from Joes league that have been trying to get into it isn’t right. 

The joes league mostly stinks...I get that it’s luck, but it gets old playing with people who don’t check their rosters, don’t move players/add players after the 1st couple of weeks. That’s why most of us want to play in the Elite, because everyone participates.

The bolded isn’t true at all, or at least not until this year. I’ve seen many a poster referred back to the Joes league. You did what you did for your convenience, not because you tried long and hard to get someone from the Joes league to join. 

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

I hate the name "Elite", makes it seem like some Augusta Masters club that people have to earn their way into. I just kept the league name to maintain consistency when I became commish last year, maybe I will change it when I have the time.

I realized that FF is such a game of luck that this false pyramid we have created to "earn" your way into the Elite league is just something people play along, doesn't truly have merit.

Having to earn your way in is part of the appeal because it's not "just another fantasy league" that anybody can join on a whim.

If you don't respect that anymore, then pass the baton and let someone else be the commish.

It's not "your" league, it belongs to the community, so you can't make changes like that on your own.

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

The league's GM roster is set for 2019.

You took liberties as the current commish, and should do the right thing.

Or at least put it up to a vote.

43 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If you want it that bad, take it. 

Thank you!!!

I felt it would be wrong to rescind my offer to you because it was my mistake, as a last resort I was going to give up my spot but you made it easier for me to do the right thing.

I apologize to the Elite and Joe’s for totally underestimating how badly the Joes league members wanted into the Elite league. I will send out an invite to @Btown_Colt after I  return from vacation. Thanks for understanding.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I apologize to the Elite and Joe’s for totally underestimating how badly the Joes league members wanted into the Elite league. I will send out an invite to @Btown_Colt after I  return from vacation. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks man.  Sorry for jumping on you about all this.

You're the big man in charge and the rest of us in the Joe league are still the little guys on the outside wanting in.

:thanks:

Enjoy the Dunes!  :cheers:

@Btown_Colt joined the league.

So, the final 12 GM line up looks like this, just FYI.

@Rich Cannon

@Juanjo

@Valpo2004 
@Bluefire4 
@IndyD4U 
@spoonfish

@SteelCityColt 
@chad72 (COMMISH)

@Chucklez

@onebad150

@Btown_Colt

Now, I want us to open up the discussion for draft dates and times. All my suggested dates and times below are after Pre-season games 4.

I am leaning towards one of August 30th (Friday) at 6 pm ET or August 31st (Saturday) at 11 am ET or August 31st (Saturday) at 6 pm ET or September 1st (Sunday) at 6 pm ET. I know @Juanjo is in Spain, so I thought I'd give him a 6 pm ET consideration since he will be 5 hours ahead at least.

How does it work with you guys? Feel free to suggest other times as well if none of the above work for you. 

46 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Btown_Colt joined the league.

So, the final 12 GM line up looks like this, just FYI.

@Rich Cannon

@Juanjo

@Valpo2004 
@Bluefire4 
@IndyD4U 
@spoonfish

@SteelCityColt 
@chad72 (COMMISH)

@Chucklez

@onebad150

@Btown_Colt

Now, I want us to open up the discussion for draft dates and times. All my suggested dates and times below are after Pre-season games 4.

I am leaning towards one of August 30th (Friday) at 6 pm ET or August 31st (Saturday) at 11 am ET or August 31st (Saturday) at 6 pm ET or September 1st (Sunday) at 6 pm ET. I know @Juanjo is in Spain, so I thought I'd give him a 6 pm ET consideration since he will be 5 hours ahead at least.

How does it work with you guys? Feel free to suggest other times as well if none of the above work for you. 

I can make any work

I usually have the other money league around the end of august typically on saturday or sunday depending on the others schedule that weekend, but havent heard what day it was as of yet.  But I may be able to pull it off with two drafts going at the same time since that one is in live in person, so i will try to bring my laptop with me while im there if it happens to be on the same day.

edit:  just realized i had a text earlier a while back saying it was on august 24 (tentatively) but not completely confirmed as of yet.  so those days are doable for me.

1 hour ago, Juanjo said:

As every year, I'm fine with the draft date and time you establish. My only suggestion is to make it early because of the hours difference, as said before.

Why on earth is Spain 6 hrs ahead of US ET, while London that is slightly in line with it, is only 5 hrs ahead? I never understood that. They never changed since the World War II days when they aligned with Nazi Germany, is that right?

Archived