Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - Colts Schedule (post-draft)

EastStreet

Poll - Colts Schedule (pre-draft)  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season games will the Colts win?

2. 2. Who are we most likely to lose to (listed in order most to least of pre-draft poll results)

3. 3. How far will the Colts go in the playoffs

• Loss in Wildcard
    • Loss Division Round
    • Loss in Conference Championship
    • Loss in SB
    • Win SB
    • Won't make the playoffs

Re-running this poll now that we've drafted. I'll likely do one last poll after pre-season games.

I'm staying at 12-4

REGULAR SEASON
9/8 @ Los Angeles Chargers (12-4) 4:05 p.m. - L
9/15 @ Tennessee Titans (9-7) 1 p.m. - W
9/22 vs. Atlanta Falcons (7-9) 1 p.m. - W
9/29 vs. Oakland Raiders (4-12) 1 p.m. - W
10/6 @ Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) 8:20 p.m.  - W

BYE 
10/20 vs. Houston Texans (11-5) 1 p.m. - W
10/27 vs. Denver Broncos (6-10) 4:25 p.m. - W
11/3 @ Pittsburgh Steelers (9-6) 1 p.m. - L
11/10 vs. Miami Dolphins (7-9) 4:05 p.m. - W
11/17 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) 1 p.m. - W
11/21 (Thurs.) @ Houston Texans (11-5) 8:20 p.m. - L
12/1 vs. Tennessee Titans (9-7) 1 p.m. - W
12/8 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) 1 p.m. - W
12/16 (Mon.) @ New Orleans Saints (13-3) 8:15 p.m. - L
12/22 vs. Carolina Panthers (7-9) 1 p.m. - W
12/29 @ Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) 1 p.m. - W

I had to think long and hard on this one because I liked our draft but I will still stick with 11-5. I have high expectations as everyone should but not 100% sold that we will win 12 or 13 games and go to the SB. I have us making the AFC Title Game, and I still say the Saints is the game we will most likely lose. The Chargers and Chiefs are a close 2nd. If the Chiefs game was here I would pick us in that game. I still have us 5-1 in the division.

I voted:

11-5

Lose to Saints

Loss in Conference Championship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had to think long and hard on this one because I liked our draft but I will still stick with 11-5. I have high expectations as everyone should but not 100% sold that we will win 12 or 13 games and go to the SB. I have us making the AFC Title Game, and I still say the Saints is the game we will most likely lose. The Chargers and Chiefs are a close 2nd. If the Chiefs game was here I would pick us in that game. I still have us 5-1 in the division.

I voted:

11-5

Lose to Saints

i had us beating the Chiefs barely last poll (i was on the fence), but now totally off the fence and confident we win.

after pre-season, if Cain looks like he's fully back, and campbell looks like the real deal, i could easily see us us winning 13 or more now that we have ware for short yardage situations. 

• Like 1

Just now, Irish YJ said:

i had us beating the Chiefs barely last poll (i was on the fence), but now totally off the fence and confident we win.

after pre-season, if Cain looks like he's fully back, and campbell looks like the real deal, i could easily see us us winning 13 or more now that we have ware for short yardage situations. 

Yeah that Chiefs game is 50/50, if it was here we would win for sure IMO. If Hill doesn't play we still may win there. That is like with the Chargers, I do not think they are better than us either but HFA makes a difference.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that Chiefs game is 50/50, if it was here we would win for sure IMO. If Hill doesn't play we still may win there. That is like with the Chargers, I do not think they are better than us either but HFA makes a difference.

here's how i look at the games

Chiefs - I'd be really, really surprised if Hill plays this year. I know they picked up one nice piece for the front 4, but they lost 2. Taking Hill and Hunt away from the O are two big losses. Mahomes is going to do well, but not near as well as last year. We get revenge.

Saints - Hard place to play at. If we were at home, I'd pick us. If I thought our run D in the middle was improved, I'd might even pick us on the road. If we pick up a FA DT, I could even change my pick to a W.

Chargers - This game will be interesting. I think we can play well on D vs them, but they are very very solid on D, and just picked up to pretty good players that will see time early (perhap not when we play them). They also improved their LB core a bunch. This one I think will go down to the last drive.

Steelers - Like NO, hard place to play. I'm on the fence here as they didn't do much in FA. Their draft was decent (I like 3 of 4 of their first picks), but they are vulnerable. I could switch here too after pre season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Chiefs - I'd be really, really surprised if Hill plays this year. I know they picked up one nice piece for the front 4, but they lost 2. Taking Hill and Hunt away from the O are two big losses. Mahomes is going to do well, but not near as well as last year. We get revenge.

Saints - Hard place to play at. If we were at home, I'd pick us. If I thought our run D in the middle was improved, I'd might even pick us on the road. If we pick up a FA DT, I could even change my pick to a W.

Chargers - This game will be interesting. I think we can play well on D vs them, but they are very very solid on D, and just picked up to pretty good players that will see time early (perhap not when we play them). They also improved their LB core a bunch. This one I think will go down to the last drive.

Steelers - Like NO, hard place to play. I'm on the fence here as they didn't do much in FA. Their draft was decent (I like 3 of 4 of their first picks), but they are vulnerable. I could switch here too after pre season.

What did you vote on how far we would go? I have us losing in the AFC Title Game but it's a crapshoot who we will play. Between the Pats, Chiefs, and Chargers who knows? If we have HFA throughout we could make the SB though. The Steelers are always a tough place to play and we rarely have won there in franchise history. I think we will have a better record than them in the end but winning at Pitt will be tough.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What did you vote on how far we would go? I have us losing in the AFC Title Game but it's a crapshoot who we will play. Between the Pats, Chiefs, and Chargers who knows? If we have HFA throughout we could make the SB though. The Steelers are always a tough place to play and we rarely have won there in franchise history. I think we will have a better record than them in the end but winning at Pitt will be tough.

I voted the same (Conf Champ loss). I don't see the Cheifs overcoming the Chargers now with everything going on in KC. HFA is critical. I think we can beat anyone in Lucas this year IF things work out at WR and Ware becomes a legit short yardage back for us. 

I think it's Pats, Chargers, and Colts fighting for HFA.

I see the conferences like this post draft

AFC East - Pats win the division, no other WC teams

AFC South - We win division easily, no other WC teams. Jax will be most improved though.

AFC West - Chargers win, Chiefs get WC. Raiders and Broncs could nip at KC's heels.

AFC North - Most interesting division by far. Browns and Steelers fight it out, loser with a WC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

I voted the same (Conf Champ loss). I don't see the Cheifs overcoming the Chargers now with everything going on in KC. HFA is critical. I think we can beat anyone in Lucas this year IF things work out at WR and Ware becomes a legit short yardage back for us. 

I think it's Pats, Chargers, and Colts fighting for HFA.

I see the conferences like this post draft

AFC East - Pats win the division, no other WC teams

AFC South - We win division easily, no other WC teams. Jax will be most improved though.

AFC West - Chargers win, Chiefs get WC. Raiders and Broncs could nip at KC's heels.

AFC North - Most interesting division by far. Browns and Steelers fight it out, loser with a WC

Yeah post draft I have:

Pats win AFC East

Colts win AFC South

-Then it gets tricky because we do not know yet if Hill will play for KC?

If Hill plays I think KC wins the AFC West and the Chargers get a Wildcard if not I think it will be the other way around. That is how much Hill means to that team. He is a huge weapon that opens up their whole offense.

Browns are going to win the AFC North, you know why? Because I want to make a bold prediction :funny:. They actually can though. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah post draft I have:

Pats win AFC East

Colts win AFC South

-Then it gets tricky because we do not know yet if Hill will play for KC?

If Hill plays I think KC wins the AFC West and the Chargers get a Wildcard if not I think it will be the other way around. That is how much Hill means to that team. He is a huge weapon that opens up their whole offense.

Browns are going to win the AFC North, you know why? Because I want to make a bold prediction :funny:. They actually can though. 

Browns should win based on talent, but they're the Browns LOL. It's just hard for me to say Browns and Division Champions in the same sentence without laughing. Be bolder my friend :-).

My bold prediction for 2019 is that AZ goes from worst in the NFC, to top 6 and a playoff birth.

I'm assuming Hill is gone. I just can't see anyway he comes back after that audio. In today's political climate, he'll be lucky with a one year suspension. And I agree, he's a HUGE loss.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I love what they did in the draft and FA, but that schedule is brutal. If we played some of those guys at home, it would make a major difference, but as it stands I said:

--11 wins

--Chargers

--Win that SB baby

KC doesn't look scary at all to me now. Who do you have as losses?

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

Browns should win based on talent, but they're the Browns LOL. It's just hard for me to say Browns and Division Champions in the same sentence without laughing. Be bolder my friend :-).

My bold prediction for 2019 is that AZ goes from worst in the NFC, to top 6 and a playoff birth.

I'm assuming Hill is gone. I just can't see anyway he comes back after that audio. In today's political climate, he'll be lucky with a one year suspension. And I agree, he's a HUGE loss.  

How about a bold prediction of the Cowboys missing the playoffs. I think Eagles will win that division. I then have the Saints winning the NFC South, the Rams winning the NFC West, and the Bears winning the NFC North. That leaves 2 wildcards, I say Packers and Seahawks get those. These predictions could change though. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about a bold prediction of the Cowboys missing the playoffs. I think Eagles will win that division. I then have the Saints winning the NFC South, the Rams winning the NFC West, and the Bears winning the NFC North. That leaves 2 wildcards, I say Packers and Seahawks get those. These predictions could change though. 

I pay a lot less attention to the NFC, but here's my stab.

NFC East - Redskins win, no WC. Is that bold :-) ?

NFC North - Bears win but not by much. no WC

NFC South - Saints win, Falcons get a WC (not too sure on this). 

NFC West - LAR win, Seahawks get a WC

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I pay a lot less attention to the NFC, but here's my stab.

NFC East - Redskins win, no WC. Is that bold :-) ?

NFC North - Bears win but not by much. no WC

NFC South - Saints win, Falcons get a WC (not too sure on this). 

NFC West - LAR win, Seahawks get a WC

Yeah I have Rodgers making the playoffs, can't see him missing 2 years in a row. He will be on a mission this season. After the Pack fired their coach he knows it would look bad if he misses the playoffs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have Rodgers making the playoffs, can't see him missing 2 years in a row. He will be on a mission this season. After the Pack fired their coach he knows it would look bad if he misses the playoffs.

Packers just seem to be imploding to me. Wasn't impressed with their draft either besides their 2 first round picks. My bold take on the Falcons getting a WC could easily go to GB. I'm not really all that high on the Bears either (primarily not impressed with their QB). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Packers just seem to be imploding to me. Wasn't impressed with their draft either besides their 2 first round picks. My bold take on the Falcons getting a WC could easily go to GB. I'm not really all that high on the Bears either (primarily not impressed with their QB). 

Bears have a tough schedule this season too the way it is lined up. I do not trust their QB either but they look like a 10 win team to me with that defense.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bears have a tough schedule this season too the way it is lined up. I do not trust their QB either but they look like a 10 win team to me with that defense.

Agree on the Bears. I see a lot of close games in their future this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

Regarding KC...Losing Hill will hurt...but they also added a 2nd round speedster at WR (just glad they didn't take Campbelll). But why does Mahomes play "not near as well" as last season? He's heading into his 2nd season as a starter...he should get better if anything.

They lost Hunt for the last five games...and Damien Williams stepped in and looked like a Pro Bowler. They added Carlos Hyde in FA. That system is basically plug and play for RBs. 

They did lose an older Houston...but many would say they upgraded Dee Ford by trading for Frank Clark. They signed Breeland at CB, Mathieu at S and drafted one of the top Ss in Thornhill. They also drafted Khalen Saunders. They overhauled much of their defense...which was a weakness last year.

Not saying the Colts can't/won't beat them...just that I don't really see them as being any easier this year...aside from Hill (likely) not being there.

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Regarding KC...Losing Hill will hurt...but they also added a 2nd round speedster at WR (just glad they didn't take Campbelll). But why does Mahomes play "not near as well" as last season? He's heading into his 2nd season as a starter...he should get better if anything.

They lost Hunt for the last five games...and Damien Williams stepped in and looked like a Pro Bowler. They added Carlos Hyde in FA. That system is basically plug and play for RBs. 

They did lose an older Houston...but many would say they upgraded Dee Ford by trading for Frank Clark. They signed Breeland at CB, Mathieu at S and drafted one of the top Ss in Thornhill. They also drafted Khalen Saunders. They overhauled much of their defense...which was a weakness last year.

Not saying the Colts can't/won't beat them...just that I don't really see them as being any easier this year...aside from Hill (likely) not being there.

Hardman has a great ceiling, but is the definition of raw.

On running the ball, they could not run when it mattered in the playoffs. 

Mahomes, IMO, he'll have a sophmore slump. He's not going to surprise teams like he did last year. Teams will adjust especially without Hill or Hunt.

On their D as a whole, they stunk last year except for sacks/QBH. I think they'll take a decent but not huge step back in sacks/QBH. The rest of the D has a long way to go. I think they did good upgrading S though, but still a lot of holes. If teams aren't playing from behind, they're in trouble.

11 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

KC doesn't look scary at all to me now. Who do you have as losses?

I had the same losses as you did, plus I think they lose one against the Jags, be it at home or on the road. Adding Foles could really do wonders for them. They still have a ton of talent, especially on defense. If Fournette gets his head out of his as*, and stays healthy, he should be a beast. 

6 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I had the same losses as you did, plus I think they lose one against the Jags, be it at home or on the road. Adding Foles could really do wonders for them. They still have a ton of talent, especially on defense. If Fournette gets his head out of his as*, and stays healthy, he should be a beast. 

Jax has a crazy good D. Adding Foles is a great step forward, but they really need to upgrade his WR unit (which they did not address). Don't think they'll be able to double TY like they did last year.

12-4

Saints

Loss in Conference Championship

I love the roster and think a run can be made, but comparing us to some of the other teams in the AFC, our team is young with minimal playoff experience compared to others. I think that’s what stops us from reaching the big dance, but if we do reach the CC this year, next year is a new story and the SB is a definite possibility

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I voted:

11-5

Lose to Saints

I chose exactly what you chose

• Thanks 1

All I'll say is I hope the same people predicting a 12+ win season wouldn't consider a 10-11 win season a disappointment. The hype is strong with our team but our schedule is tougher than last year, which has been said a lot but it is true, so I hope the fanbase doesn't come down too hard on them if they don't end up bettering there win total from this year.

I voted 10 but could honestly see anything from 9-12. I'd be proud of a 10 win season and very happy with anything better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

All I'll say is I hope the same people predicting a 12+ win season wouldn't consider a 10-11 win season a disappointment. I voted 10 but could honestly see anything from 9+. I'd be pretty proud of a 10 win season and very happy with anything better.

I say we win 11 but if we 10 and the division I will be ok with it as long as we win a couple of playoff games.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I say we win 11 but if we 10 and the division I will be ok with it as long as we win a couple of playoff games.

Yeah, I really do hope we continue the trend of winning one more playoff game than the previous year (at least) like we did in Luck's first few seasons. I think it'll come down to at least getting one playoff game at home, either wildcard or hopefully the divisional if we do well enough to get a bye.

• Like 1

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I really do hope we continue the trend of winning one more playoff game than the previous year (at least) like we did in Luck's first few seasons. I think it'll come down to at least getting one playoff game at home, either wildcard or divisional.

If we win the Division, that at least gives us 1 home game :thmup:. We should win that, after that who knows.