Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Colts Fan

Colts and Chargers Most Talented Teams in NFL - Time To Schein

One could argue the Browns have the most talent, but a bunch of A-typical players that may or may not be able to come together as a team.

The Colts may be on there way to being the most cohesive and talented.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We've been getting a lot of praise this year already. Hope these new draft picks can take us further to a SB championship soon.

I definitely believe we are 1 of 8 teams that can win the SB as of now. I would still rank the Pats #1, have too until they show drop off. They are the Champs and we haven't beat them in the Luck era. Here is the rest of my elite 8:

1. Pats

2. Saints

3. Rams

4. Colts - I have us 4th as of now and think we can win 12 games.

5. Chargers

6. Chiefs

7. Bears

8. Eagles - With a healthy Wentz they will be dangerous.

-I think the loss of Tyreek Hill will really hurt the Chiefs. Houston and Ford are gone too on defense. Clark doesn't offset both guys. Because of the loss of Hill, I think the Rams, Colts, and Chargers move ahead of them. They are still 6th IMO and are 1 of my big 6 that can win it all because of Mahomes. This could be the year we finally get back to the AFC Title Game and beat the Pats.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I definitely believe we are 1 of 8 teams that can win the SB as of now. I would still rank the Pats #1, have too until they show drop off. They are the Champs and we haven't beat them in the Luck era. Here is the rest of my elite 8:

1. Pats

2. Saints

3. Rams

5. Chargers

6. Chiefs

7. Bears

-I think the loss of Tyreek Hill will really hurt the Chiefs. Houston and Ford are gone too on defense. Clark doesn't offset both guys. Because of the loss of Hill, I think the Rams, Colts, and Chargers move ahead of them. They are still 6th IMO and are 1 of my big 6 that can win it all because of Mahomes. This could be the year we finally get back to the AFC Title Game and beat the Pats.

I wouldn't put the Chiefs behind us before we beat them, can't assume we are better just because it looks that way on paper.

• Thanks 1

Until we beat the Chiefs, chargers, and Patriots they should all be ahead of us. Also don’t be surprised if tyreek does not get suspended. Its looking like a possibility his fiancé made this stuff up to try to win a custody battle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I wouldn't put the Chiefs behind us before we beat them, can't assume we are better just because it looks that way on paper.

They are still going to be good but IMO the loss of Hill will hurt them bigtime.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Until we beat the Chiefs, chargers, and Patriots they should all be ahead of us. Also don’t be surprised if tyreek does not get suspended. Its looking like a possibility his fiancé made this stuff up to try to win a custody battle.

The audio sounded bad and he even threatened her on the audio saying she should be scared of him. He's going to be gone.

• Like 3

People need to keep their expectations in check. The Colts have a rugged schedule this year.  This is still a VERY young team. We’ve yet to see if they can muster a pass rush. Houston should help, provided he still has some gas in the tank, but he’ll need some

of the youngsters to step up as well.

And Funchess needs to come through to make the passing game click. Its likely going to take one more year of seasoning and another solid draft to see the big results people are wanting.  The Colts are definitely better, but not yet a SB caliber team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

People need to keep their expectations in check. The Colts have a rugged schedule this year.  This is still a VERY young team. We’ve yet to see if they can muster a pass rush. Houston should help, provided he still has some gas in the tank, but he’ll need some

And Funchess needs to come through to make the passing game click. Its likely going to take one more year of seasoning and another solid draft to see the big results people are wanting.  The Colts are definitely better, but not yet a SB caliber team. 

I expect 11 wins, a division Title and no less than being in the divisional round. All very reasonable expectations. I think if we stay healthy, we can go to the SB. I am not sure the Chargers will be as good as last year and sooner or later the Pats will get worse. KC has their share of problems right now too as I mentioned above.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The audio sounded bad and he even threatened her on the audio saying she should be scared of him. He's going to be gone.

The audio is bad yes. It could get a game or two. But if she made up the child abuse allegations how do they suspend him longer.  

The audio is bad yes. It could get a game or two. But if she made up the child abuse allegations how do they suspend him longer.  

I am not sure how she could make up the kids arm being broken by Hill. It's a fact his arm was broke. If Hill didn't do it, who did then?

• Like 2

You can have all the talent in the world. But if the character don't match it will crumble. Like the jags did this year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure how she could make up the kids arm being broken by Hill. It's a fact his arm was broke. If Hill didn't do it, who did then?

Kids have accidents. Her saying he did it means nothing. According to the records he was taken to the hospital and there was no sign of abuse. Hill is no saint but to dismiss she could be making it up is short sided.

• Like 1

Kids have accidents. Her saying he did it means nothing. According to the records he was taken to the hospital and there was no sign of abuse. Hill is no saint but to dismiss she could be making it up is short sided.

I responded to this on the other thread. 

23 minutes ago, Hoose said:

The Colts are definitely better, but not yet a SB caliber team. 

How many teams would you consider SB caliber? I'll go broad here and say maybe eight teams are SB caliber. And the Colts would certainly be one of those eight teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

How many teams would you consider SB caliber? I'll go broad here and say maybe eight teams are SB caliber. And the Colts would certainly be one of those eight teams.

I agree. I still put the Patriots and Saints ahead of us but after that we are in the mix with about 5 or 6 other teams.

• Like 1

I don't know about the most talented. Definitely up there though...especially from a depth standpoint...which has been the stated goal of this team.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who gets nervous about all the preseason hype? It is fun that the team is getting all this love, but I hope this very young roster doesn't fall in love with their own press. The people hyping this team now are the same ones calling them a bottom dwelling dumpster fire 12 months ago. I'm sure coach Reich will stay on top of this situation, but I prefer to fly under the radar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hark said:

Am I the only one who gets nervous about all the preseason hype? It is fun that the team is getting all this love, but I hope this very young roster doesn't fall in love with their own press. The people hyping this team now are the same ones calling them a bottom dwelling dumpster fire 12 months ago. I'm sure coach Reich will stay on top of this situation, but I prefer to fly under the radar.

I usually do not like the hype but Luck is going into year 7 and sooner or later we need to live up to the hype and get to a SB. I also think because of the type of players we have, they will not get caught up in the hype. Having character guys is a huge plus as they normally do not get big headed.

I am enjoying the media right now for a change as they are giving the Colts credit. That is rare so I love it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

- Pats lose Gronk and are less talented than Colts, Chargers, Chiefs, and Browns.  But they're still the Pats with Brady and Belichick.

- Colts should be able to compete for multiple SBs with Andrew Luck.

The Colts Hype Train is official.  All Aboard!

driving road trip GIF by Hallmark Channel

I see what you did there!  Well played Sir!

• Like 1

Ballard and Reich believe they have a team to compete for a SB, 

judging by the perma smiles they have on their faces post draft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was note aware the Chargers were rated that high.  I seen on TV the other day, the post-draft rating had the Chargers at #4 and Colts at #5.  I'm going to the first game, Sept 8, at RoKIT field, Carson, LA, a 30,000 temp stadium until the state of the art LA Charges stadium is built.  A 30,000 seat stadium, no seat can be that far away.  

Anyway, someone said with our first 2 games being away game, if we can split and go 1-1 that first 2 games, we are in good shape.  Well, I say lets start 1-0 and start this season right with a great away win against a quality opponent.  It made me look at the Chargers draft little more.  #2 Tillery is a big taller than normal DT, may play him some at DE.  With their second rounder, they took a highly regarded safety, Nasir Adderly out of Delaware, #1 rated by Lindy's.  To pair with last years #1 Derwin James.  Regardless how highly regarded Adderly is, Reich and Luck will be test him for sure.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I usually do not like the hype but Luck is going into year 7 and sooner or later we need to live up to the hype and get to a SB. I also think because of the type of players we have, they will not get caught up in the hype. Having character guys is a huge plus as they normally do not get big headed.

I am enjoying the media right now for a change as they are giving the Colts credit. That is rare so I love it. 

Actually....   Luck is going into year 8.

And if it helps, Peyton didn’t win his first Super Bowl until his 9th year! 

• Like 1

I personally don’t see the Colts as having top-2 talent.   But I think we’re likely top-4/6.   That seems more reasonable. 

Also, I’d note that most of our key talent are first and second year players with little NFL experience including playoffs.  

Finally..  I’d add — and this can’t be stressed enough —- last year we snuck up on a lot of teams...   we were the hunters, not the hunted.  This year, and from here on out, the Colts are going to be the hunted.   Teams will treat our games differently.    We will get their best.   That didn’t always happen last year.   We were the next game on the schedule for a number of teams.   Now teams will circle their game with the Colts.   Now we’re a playoff caliber team, a possible Super Bowl contender.  

And our young guys have to learn how to deal with that week in and week out.  It won’t be easy, but these next few years may be some of the most enjoyable Colts fans have had in some time!   Good times ahead!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually....   Luck is going into year 8.

And if it helps, Peyton didn’t win his first Super Bowl until his 9th year! 

Yeah you are technically right but since Luck missed the 2017 Season I considered 2019 to be his 7th season eventhough it will be his 8th overall. Much like I didn't count Peyton's 2011 Season. He only played for us from 1998-2010. He missed 2011. What is funny is, I can see Luck winning it all in 2020. We could do it this upcoming season but not sold on that. I love the direction we are headed in.

• Like 2

I still think another year away, but Colts will be in the mix.

• Like 1

Ballard’s pension for thinking of the big picture should keep us in the top tier during his tenure so I think this is just the beginning. 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I personally don’t see the Colts as having top-2 talent.   But I think we’re likely top-4/6.   That seems more reasonable. 

Also, I’d note that most of our key talent are first and second year players with little NFL experience including playoffs.  

Finally..  I’d add — and this can’t be stressed enough —- last year we snuck up on a lot of teams...   we were the hunters, not the hunted.  This year, and from here on out, the Colts are going to be the hunted.   Teams will treat our games differently.    We will get their best.   That didn’t always happen last year.   We were the next game on the schedule for a number of teams.   Now teams will circle their game with the Colts.   Now we’re a playoff caliber team, a possible Super Bowl contender.  

And our young guys have to learn how to deal with that week in and week out.  It won’t be easy, but these next few years may be some of the most enjoyable Colts fans have had in some time!   Good times ahead!  

Good post

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hark said:

It was only 12 months ago that we were rated dead last in talent by the media.  I think I'll wait until we start playing the actual games before I rate where we rank compared to the other teams.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I think you're not a SB caliber team until you've proven you can beat other SB caliber teams.  I'll even go further and say you should have to do it on the road. We haven't done that.  Right now, we just have a lot of potential.  

In order to win a SB, you'll need to beat at least two other SB caliber teams (might not face one in division round, but definitely will in conference championship and SB itself).

• Confused 1

Hype. But I believe Ballard and Reich will keep this team grounded to 1 game at a time

Just now, That Guy said:

I think you're not a SB caliber team until you've proven you can beat other SB caliber teams.  I'll even go further and say you should have to do it on the road. We haven't done that.  Right now, we just have a lot of potential.  

In order to win a SB, you'll need to beat at least two other SB caliber teams (might not face one in division round, but definitely will in conference championship and SB itself).

So how many teams are SB caliber?

9 minutes ago, That Guy said:

How many SB calibre teams have we faced last year?

We faced the Chiefs. We faced the Patriots when almost half of our starters were injured. Then who?

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Pats

2. Saints

3. Rams

5. Chargers

6. Chiefs

7. Bears

I don't  think losing  hill will hurt them that much. They did draft hardman

It's time for the passing of the torch, a changing of the guard. The Pats are on their last leg, Brady is old and when he goes, Bill won't be far behind him. They lost one centerpiece in Gronk, and Brady didn't really look like himself last year. That was the most pedestrian season he's had in some time. That's the end of an era. The last 5 years? They've been in 4 Super Bowls, and won 3...and the other year, they lost in the AFC Championship. That's dominance. But, as I eluded to, that reign is nearing it's end. *enter the Indianapolis Colts* I think Ballard is creating a roster that will compete year in and year out for that SB Title. He's building the roster with depth, character, athleticism, and speed. If they continue to draft well, and seeing what goes on inside on the Colts Productions Series, I have no reason to believe they won't, I think the next 5-7 years are gonna be Patriot-esque. I think this season marks the decline of the Patriot era, and the beginning of the Ballard-made Colts Dynasty. Hurrah, hurrah. 

19 hours ago, Hoose said:

I agree with you.    The tougher schedule could equal a 10 win season.   It may not be as easy of a season as some expect.

That said, they certainly have the potential to make some noise in the playoffs.   I'm excited.  

2 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

So how many teams are SB caliber?

Right now?  Three.  Pats, Rams, Saints

• Haha 1