Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carolina Wanted the 34th pick

wabbwubb

On the last episode of the "With the next Pick"  at 7:16 you can hear Frank talk to Rock on the phone but in the back ground Ballard is confirming "Did you get a hold of Carolina" i assume to tell them we are not trading the pick.  Carolina ended up trading to get pick 37 and exchanging pick 47 and  77.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wabbwubb said:

On the last episode of the "With the next Pick"  at 7:16 you can hear Frank talk to Rock on the phone but in the back ground Ballard is confirming "Did you get a hold of Carolina" i assume to tell them we are not trading the pick.  Carolina ended up trading to get pick 37 and exchanging pick 47 and  77.

Sounds like they really didn't want to miss out on Rock Ya-Sin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Say....  You don't supposed Rock got jersey #34 because he was the 34th pick, do you?

thats % i was thinking but i think another rookie shares that number w him. Either way it’s still ugly

12 minutes ago, Legend said:

So glad we got him at 34! Eat a crow dirty Panthers!

CAR wanted one of the OTs. #34 would have given them their choice of the big 3 remaining. But I think they actually had Little ahead of Taylor.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Is that your guess, or did you read that somewhere?

I highly doubt it. Ballard had just traded back 20 spots from #26 to #46 for a future 2nd round. He's not wasting anyone's time asking for a future 1st round pick to move back 13 spots from #34 to #47.

CAR's compensation to SEA was seen as an overpay...so I imagine it would have been close to what Ballard wanted (maybe a pick swap later)...but Ballard wanted Ya-Sin more...and probably didn't want to risk seeing a run on CBs...which is exactly what happened.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I highly doubt it. Ballard had just traded back 20 spots from #26 to #46 for a future 2nd round. He's not wasting anyone's time asking for a future 1st round pick to move back 13 spots from #34 to #47.

CAR's compensation to SEA was seen as an overpay...so I imagine it would have been close to what Ballard wanted (maybe a pick swap later)...but Ballard wanted Ya-Sin more...and probably didn't want to risk seeing a run on CBs...which is exactly what happened.

Agreed 100 percent.  

But I don’t know the poster that we’re responding to so I was trying to give him a chance to respond...   

I’d still like to hear his viewpoint on this, but I’m with you all the way. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 10:16 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Is that your guess, or did you read that somewhere?

I was following the draft on twitter and one of the NFL media guys tweeted the Colts were asking for next years #1 from teams . I think it was Ian Rapoport