Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF: Indianapolis Colts 2019 Draft Recap

stitches

8 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I think Campbell could play any position (speed X, slot, or Z) if he can beat the press. I have know idea how he does smacking CBs down at the line though. Going to watch some tape on him this weekend. I can easily see him as being TY's eventual replacement. Had he now went to OSU, he likely would not have been pigeon holed like he was. OSU just always has an overabundance of O skill players.

But it's  a good thing because if they had used him to his full potential  he probably  wouldn't  be a colt

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

In what way?

Two rookie all-pro's vs............  ????? this year?

I knew youd be the first one here with the questions. Its just a feeling for right now until some things are validated. I could be jumping the gun a bit certainly but i really dont give a damn. I think Pariss is going to have a strong year and so will Rock Yasin. I like the makeup of all 3 of these LB prospects in Speed, Banogu, and Okereke. I know it will be tough for all 3 of them to see significant action right away. I feel like all 3 of those LBs will be guys we get satisfactory contribution from. You can say what you want about EJ Speed but i trust my eyes on what ive seen so far and i just believe Ballard drank the Kool Aid too. I knew it when he spent that 5th round pick. On a kid from a school im almost certain nobody on this entire board ever heard of. I trust in full Ballard after all his due dillegence knows he can play.

I was kind of ho hum on Khari Willis, but ive allowed myself to watch more tape and I think hes going to be a guy that puts up a solid contribution. And i really like Marvell Tell. I still maintain hes a FS, but we shall see how the corner conversion goes. I believe he will make the team in some way. Especially if he does well with special teams. That will be how he takes Chris Miltons spot. I think what i should have said is i feel like we will hit on a number of these selections. Maybe thats the better thing to have said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Honestly  Campbell  reminds me alot of hill. I watch Hill's college  highlights  when he was a running back and was amazed  at how much he has developed  as a receiver.  Campbell  will probably  develop  in a similar  way

Hill?    Did you mean Hines?

Or do you mean Tyreek Hill?

3 hours ago, krunk said:

I knew youd be the first one here with the questions. Its just a feeling for right now until some things are validated. I could be jumping the gun a bit certainly but i really dont give a damn. I think Pariss is going to have a strong year and so will Rock Yasin. I like the makeup of all 3 of these LB prospects in Speed, Banogu, and Okereke. I know it will be tough for all 3 of them to see significant action right away. I feel like all 3 of those LBs will be guys we get satisfactory contribution from. You can say what you want about EJ Speed but i trust my eyes on what ive seen so far and i just believe Ballard drank the Kool Aid too. I knew it when he spent that 5th round pick. On a kid from a school im almost certain nobody on this entire board ever heard of. I trust in full Ballard after all his due dillegence knows he can play.

I was kind of ho hum on Khari Willis, but ive allowed myself to watch more tape and I think hes going to be a guy that puts up a solid contribution. And i really like Marvell Tell. I still maintain hes a FS, but we shall see how the corner conversion goes. I believe he will make the team in some way. Especially if he does well with special teams. That will be how he takes Chris Miltons spot. I think what i should have said is i feel like we will hit on a number of these selections. Maybe thats the better thing to have said.

Guilty as charged!    I admit to the crime!   

And I don't mean for this to sound like I'm busting your....  stones...   I like you.  I respect you.

I just don't understand the need to make an argument that I think doesn't have anything to support it with?     

You could claim,  like Kiper,  that you think the Colts had the best draft class in 2019.   At least you wouldn't be alone on an island.    

But you didn't do that.   You said you think it will end up better than last year's class.   Which I don't see how that's humanly possible?     There is no Quentin Nelson.   There is no Darius Leonard.    There is no Braden Smith.    On draft night, a year ago,  we thought all three would be starters.    We might not have known just how good both would be (espeically Leonard)  but Ballard called all three starters in 2018.    That's three starters right off the bat.   And most of the rest we knew would play a lot.

But this year,  Ballard didn't call one player a 2019 starter.   Not one.  One or more may eventually start this year.   Perhaps after someone gets hurt.   But he didn't identify one player as a week one starter.    Forgive me,  but I think that pretty much takes the wind out of the sails that the 19 class could be better than the 18.

I don't see what's wrong with proclaiming the 19 class as the tops in the NFL and exceeding your expectations, without going a bridge or two too far....

Just a different persective to offer...   And done with complete respect.

How is he redundant of TY? They said that Campbell probably isn't going to be a #2, well this year he's not and TY plays on the outside so Campbell in the slot why is that redundant? Also in his draft video they said he caught alot of short passes and screens, but talked about him taking TYs role as our deep threat...

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The beauty of Campbell is that he’s NOT small.   He’s not Hilton's size.   

Parris is 6’0” and 205.

Hilton is 5’10” and 180.

In the football world those two are not the same.   

Furthermore, there is no way on God's green earth that TY is 5'10". No way lol

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting factoid on Campbell...   I read somewhere last week that of the 90 passes he caught last year (yes, 90!)  only 21 traveled further than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.  Just 21!  Yikes, that’s not much. 

But I view that as good news, not bad. That’s why he fell to pick 59.

At the presser,  Reich said he made it a point to watch Campbell at the Combine and focused on both his rout running and his catching.   Said he came away very impressed.    

So, PC is raw.   And needs polishing.  With his physical skills that gives him a super high ceiling.   He can get a lot better.   I’ll take that at pick 59 on every draft, thank you very much!

Frankly, that's exactly the type of WR this team needs, A guy who turn a short pass into a long one.  He can learn the long ball stuff over his contract and eventually take over for TY if that works out, but what he is good at right now is what the Colts need immediately, IMO.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 12:26 PM, stitches said:

Yep, I don't know why people in the media continue to call him small... he's not small. He's bigger than players like Stefon Diggs or OBJ or Antonio Brown... 

He's VERY VERY well built receiver...

Yes played running back in high school I believe....