Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joeb

Ben Banogu

I just watched You Tube clip on him. Wow. Between Okereke,Banogu and D. Leonard this will be the "Big Blue Wrecking Crew". I never heard of him.  He is very fast like Leonard.  The season could not come soon enough.   I saw 2 postseason polls and we are in ranked in the top 5. Colin Cowherd has us ranked #2.    Patriots #1  I don't know about that.

I really love this pick. I was hoping for the DE from Iowa, but the fact that Ben can play multiple positions is what sold me.

I recall going to Lions games and when Suh made a big play the crowd would yell "SUUUUUUH"

So, we'll be able to yell...BAAANOOOGUUUUU

7 hours ago, joeb said:

I just watched You Tube clip on him. Wow. Between Okereke,Banogu and D. Leonard this will be the "Big Blue Wrecking Crew". I never heard of him.  He is very fast like Leonard.  The season could not come soon enough.   I saw 2 postseason polls and we are in ranked in the top 5. Colin Cowherd has us ranked #2.    Patriots #1  I don't know about that.

Well, with less talent on both sides of the ball last year they went on a hell of a run. You'd think with another year/offseason under their belts, and adding Houston, Funchess, Ware, and the draft picks, they're better suited to continue that level of play. I can't think of 5 more talented rosters.

We had some good clips of Bjorn Werner if I recall. I'm optimistic on all players until they prove themselves one way or another. Anyway, must go, meeting up with my sister, Debbie D for a coffee.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

I recall going to Lions games and when Suh made a big play the crowd would yell "SUUUUUUH"

So, we'll be able to yell...BAAANOOOGUUUUU

or Guuuuu he’s gonna be over everything 

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Didnt Olivia Newton John have a song named  Banogu?

Rush too.

LOL Xanadu

thanks for the vid.

really loved the tape, but always try not to get to pumped by a highlight reel.

going to look at has game log and see how he performed vs different teams and different OLs.

without question, dude has some great raw athleticism. 

7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

@ 2:28 I like him running down a RB 

This guy reminds me so much of Darius Leonard. I can't wait to watch this guy what speed he has for his size. 

5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

LOL Xanadu

lmao

He's 6'4" 250.  Impressive speed.

16 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

We had some good clips of Bjorn Werner if I recall. I'm optimistic on all players until they prove themselves one way or another. Anyway, must go, meeting up with my sister, Debbie D for a coffee.

Bjorn looked stiff as a board and very mechanical in his videos... I think a lot of people saw that very early on! 

Very athletic but doesn't show a variety of moves rushing the passer.

Dang!!!! We get a guy who can leap out of the gym and the NFL already banned leaping the line!!!

Wasn't TJ Green known as an athlete who played football but didn't have a strong suite of skills for his forecasted position?

If our pass rusher doesn't have a lot of pass rushing moves but is a great athlete who could therefore be used in various ways, I'm not sure why my optimism should outweigh my concerns.

This pick will either crash really hard and look stupid or he will be star. I don’t think there is a middle ground. This pick is very ambitious by Ballard.

if it crashes it won't be that big of a loss being that it was a mid second round pick.

12 minutes ago, joeb said:

if it crashes it won't be that big of a loss being that it was a mid second round pick.

Mid 2nd round picks are pretty valuable though...

That behind the scenes draft tape, Ballard was pumped just talking about him..said he was a freak!

This guy has great instincts and a relentless motor. His pass rush moves may be limited but that is teachable to a great athlete. Mr Mathis? Your new pupil. 

TJ Green had zero instincts and a so so motor. That is not teachable. 

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Bjorn looked stiff as a board and very mechanical in his videos... I think a lot of people saw that very early on! 

Bjorn was the poster child for Loafing which our DC does not tolerate.

Werner simply wasn’t talented. He failed for that reason, not for lack of effort. But WHAT did Grigson see in this guy? No bend whatsoever. No instincts. Just awful. 

On 5/1/2019 at 11:23 AM, WoolMagnet said:

Rush too.

23 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

LOL Xanadu

Rush Xanadu > Olivia Newton John Xanadu.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:24 AM, lollygagger8 said:

@ 2:28 I like him running down a RB 

At the 3:00 mark, he looked like Dwight. 

On 5/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, WoolMagnet said:

I have found that listening to Olivia gets me nowhere. 

37 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Rush Xanadu > Olivia Newton John Xanadu.

..... and the men who hold high places will be the ones who start.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

I have found that listening to Olivia gets me nowhere. 

That "lets get physical" video was scandalous back in the day.

haha

I have listened to two interviews with this guy. I am super impressed. He is super smart and really understands the game of football.  I think this guy is going to be a star. His football IQ is odd the charts.