Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Biggest Bust Of The 2019 Draft Is.........?

King Colt

12 hours ago, JPFolks said:

And yet... he may be let go at the end of the year... so all those nonsense accolades and empty stats mean very little.  It's like saying RGIII was so much better than Luck (as nearly EVERYONE in the media loved to claim his rookie year).  He won rookie of the year and made the playoffs.  Big deal, he was a massive bust.  

I don’t recall EVERYONE saying RG3 was better then Luck in fact as I recall most felt Luck would be the better pro. There were concerns due to RG3’s style and size that he would not hold up in the NFL. That’s exactly what happened he had one good year then ACL and MCL injuries at the end of his rookie season and he was never healthy again His career was pretty much done after 1 season.

Jamarcus Russell was lazy and lacked the motivation and drive to even test his talent on Sunday. He was never successful in the league just stealing money.  It’s interesting that you can’t or don’t see the difference. 

I don’t follow Jameson or the Bucs closely enough to know where he sits with the franchise. If he is in fact released unless he’s done some really dumb stuff off the field someone will give him another chance. If he can’t get it together that’s what is known as a waste of talent.  

On 5/1/2019 at 11:45 AM, HectorRoberts said:

Murray! I don’t think he will be bad but I think Rosen is going to be way better than him.

If you think about it, Arizona completely screwed that up even if Rosen only ends up half of what Murray is.  What I mean is, they had an asset, (Rosen) that they traded multiple early picks to acquire.....  one year later, they WAIT until drafting Murray to really try and trade Rosen....  yielding the lowest likely return.  I forget where I read it, but yeah, they didn't really seriously field calls for Rosen until they already had picked Murray.....  which is ridiculously bad asset management.  So, this being the case apparently, if Rosen is 50% of what Murray ends up as, the Cards ROI was insanely below what it should have been for Rosen+Murray

On 5/12/2019 at 8:06 PM, Matthew Gilbert said:

That's called hindsight. RGIII looked pretty dang good as a rookie. I highly doubt you were calling him a bust after his rookie year.

Actually "hindsight" is the ONLY way someone can judge someone as a bust or not.  How often do you proactively determine all the busts in the draft? 

I can say I was quite vocal at the time that Luck was MUCH better than RGIII and that playing the way he did would never last.  And it didn't.  I DID say RGIII was incredibly overrated.  He inherited a much better quality team, Luck by comparison, got a dumpster fire and STILL dragged them to the playoffs.  It wasn't remotely comparable what Luck achieved vs RGIII to anyone not biased.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 7:01 PM, JPFolks said:

And yet... he may be let go at the end of the year... so all those nonsense accolades and empty stats mean very little.  It's like saying RGIII was so much better than Luck (as nearly EVERYONE in the media loved to claim his rookie year).  He won rookie of the year and made the playoffs.  Big deal, he was a massive bust.  

Maybe, maybe not-

Quarterback whisperer says-

** Bruce Arians says Buccaneers will be built around Jameis Winston, thinks QB 'can win it all' **

https://www.amazon.com/Quarterback-Whisperer-How-Build-Elite-ebook/dp/B01MXHGW72/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

"I've known him for a long time," Arians told Eisen. "We all make mistakes. He's made his. I've made mine. I feel like I've got a great feel for him, his excitement for the game. His willingness to work is unbelievable. He's in the office at 5 o'clock in the morning. And so, yeah, I have no qualms about that."

I'm giving BA this year before calling him a bust. He's been inconsistent, up and down.  Maybe BA fixes him.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2019 at 7:27 AM, akcolt said:

\ If he can’t get it together that’s what is known as a waste of talent.  

So the Raiders Russell wasn't a waste of talent?  He was just.. what was your word... lazy?