Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Biggest Bust Of The 2019 Draft Is.........?

King Colt

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Arizona Cardinals for not trading that #1 pick and getting a start on rebuilding their trenches.

I totally agree.... and I could be wrong, but this approach of bringing in Kingsbury and Murray reeks of another gimmick offense that NFL defensive coordinators will have figured out in a season or less.

I hope the kid doesn't get maimed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2019 at 5:42 PM, King Colt said:

My take is Dwayne Haskins. Not only will he be a bust but he will rank among the biggest busts in NFL history. 

Hard to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history when you didn't even go in the top 10.  

He can most certainly bust.  But the biggest busts in NFL history is almost exclusively reserved for top 5 picks.  

20 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

DK Metcalf will be a bust.

I think the risk is pretty high with him.  Injury concerns, concerns about route running.  

There are reasons he fell to the very bottom of the 2nd despite being freakishly athletic. 

My take is Dwayne Haskins. Not only will he be a bust but he will rank among the biggest busts in NFL history. 

Haskins is more likely a top 10 QB in 4 years.
  I would only include the sure fire top 15 that Brandt and CB refered to.
  As i don't know exactly who they are i will go back to the first 20 drafted.
   At #4 Clelin Ferrell neeeds to be a heckuva player drafted there. 
  And Gary at #12.
   Gary is likely to be very average IMO. He is my pick as the least value at the top of the draft.

I hope it's Murray, would serve the Cardinals right for spending so much draft capital on the QB position, they traded a 3rd and a 5th to move up in the first for Rosen.. one year later they use the first overall pick on Murray and trade Rosen for a second round pick.

So if you boil it all down they spent two firsts, including first overall, a 3rd and a 5th for Murray and were compensated with a mid second. This to me is amateur hour from ownership all the way down.

I honestly don't think he will fail though, first player ever to be drafted in the first round in two of the big 5 major sports.

Daniel Jones in NY definitely has the greatest chance to flop.

• Like 1

A player taken at #15 cannot be one of the biggest busts in NFL history.     

Dumb post.   

I think it is going to be Bosa out of this draft.   I think the injury bug will plague him and the 49rs won't get much out of the 2nd pick in the draft.   

• Like 1

It's almost impossible for a 1st round QB to bust in today's NFL. Considering the new rules about hitting the QBs. If you look back at the last 4 years of QBs taken in the first round. 

2016: Wentz and Goff are franchise Qbs

2017: All 3 QBs will be great nfl franchise QBs 

2018: I think all 5 of the QBs will be at least above average to Elte QBs in the NFL

This is why you see so much teams this year with what looks like they're main guy. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, rock8591 said:

Agreed.

Pick screams Vernon Gholston all the way.

In Gholstons defense, he went to the worst scheme possible, especially with the limited football experience he had. Up until he got drafted he only had 4 years of football experience. I know Rex Ryan wanted to keep him away from the Patriots, and as much as it sucks to say this, but I wish Vernon would have went to New England instead because I have no doubts his career would have been better. 

17 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

In Gholstons defense, he went to the worst scheme possible, especially with the limited football experience he had. Up until he got drafted he only had 4 years of football experience. I know Rex Ryan wanted to keep him away from the Patriots, and as much as it sucks to say this, but I wish Vernon would have went to New England instead because I have no doubts his career would have been better. 

Mangini was the coach in 08

On 5/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, Nesjan3 said:

I hope it's Murray, would serve the Cardinals right for spending so much draft capital on the QB position, they traded a 3rd and a 5th to move up in the first for Rosen.. one year later they use the first overall pick on Murray and trade Rosen for a second round pick.

So if you boil it all down they spent two firsts, including first overall, a 3rd and a 5th for Murray and were compensated with a mid second. This to me is amateur hour from ownership all the way down.

I honestly don't think he will fail though, first player ever to be drafted in the first round in two of the big 5 major sports.

Daniel Jones in NY definitely has the greatest chance to flop.

I think that Murray can't help but be a bust.  There's far too much expectation, having been the result of so much draft capital.  He could throw for 3,000 yards his rookie year and lead them to the playoffs, and he could still be a bust.  Nothing short of Hall of Fame will suffice for the amount of draft capital that was spent on him.

As for me, I believe that he's an extremely undersized gimmick quarterback with college football joystick player skills, but is going to get murdered in the NFL.

(In the meantime, the Dolphins will discover just how good a QB they got in Rosen.)

On 5/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, CaptainColt12 said:

It's almost impossible for a 1st round QB to bust in today's NFL. Considering the new rules about hitting the QBs. If you look back at the last 4 years of QBs taken in the first round. 

2016: Wentz and Goff are franchise Qbs

2017: All 3 QBs will be great nfl franchise QBs 

2018: I think all 5 of the QBs will be at least above average to Elte QBs in the NFL

This is why you see so much teams this year with what looks like they're main guy. 

Tell that to winston and Mariota (who isnt a bust but never seems to be healthy)

24 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know.  I think Gary went to the right place for his talents.

I think Pagano will get good use out of him. Either as an OLB or a 3-4 DE.

Pagano is with the Bears, not the Packers. Pettine is the GB DC.

Only a number one pick can compete for biggest bust in history.  I think Oaklands #1 QB may always hold that distinction, but there have been other flameouts of #1 picks.  Winston in the end hasn't been much better though he lasted longer. Unless Haskins never steps on a field because he isn't even good enough to take snaps and gets cut in preseason, would he even be eligible in my view.  

On 5/10/2019 at 11:43 PM, JPFolks said:

Only a number one pick can compete for biggest bust in history.  I think Oaklands #1 QB may always hold that distinction, but there have been other flameouts of #1 picks.  Winston in the end hasn't been much better though he lasted longer. Unless Haskins never steps on a field because he isn't even good enough to take snaps and gets cut in preseason, would he even be eligible in my view.  

Seriously Winston hasn’t been much better then Russell? On what planet? I believe Winston won Rookie of the Year and played in the Pro Bowl after his first season. He was the first QB in history to put up back to back 4,000 yard seasons to begin his career and also was the 2nd youngest to 10.000 passing yards.  He’s the youngest player in NFL history to pass for 3,000 yards 4,000 yards and 40 tds in a season. He holds other NFL records and has rewritten the Bucs books. 

His career hit a bump after a shoulder injury in year 3. Then there was the Uber driver situation and suspension that accompanied it last year. He needs to get it together for sure. He hasn’t played a full season in 2 years. 

I’m not particularly a fan of the guy in Tampa or while he was at FSU. That being said to say he hasn’t been much better then Jamarcus Russell is completely wrong. Winston has shown he has the talent to play in the league. 

• Like 4

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:43 AM, JPFolks said:

Only a number one pick can compete for biggest bust in history.  I think Oaklands #1 QB may always hold that distinction, but there have been other flameouts of #1 picks.  Winston in the end hasn't been much better though he lasted longer.

Winston hasn't fared much better than Jamarcus Russell?

11 hours ago, akcolt said:

Seriously Winston hasn’t been much better then Russell? On what planet? I believe Winston won Rookie of the Year and played in the Pro Bowl after his first season. He was the first QB in history to put up back to back 4,000 yard seasons to begin his career and also was the 2nd youngest to 10.000 passing yards.  He’s the youngest player in NFL history to pass for 3,000 yards 4,000 yards and 40 tds in a season. He holds other NFL records and has rewritten the Bucs books. 

His career hit a bump after a shoulder injury in year 3. Then there was the Uber driver situation and suspension that accompanied it last year. He needs to get it together for sure. He hasn’t played a full season in 2 years. 

I’m not particularly a fan of the guy in Tampa or while he was at FSU. That being said to say he hasn’t been much better then Jamarcus Russell is completely wrong. Winston has shown he has the talent to play in the league. 

And yet... he may be let go at the end of the year... so all those nonsense accolades and empty stats mean very little.  It's like saying RGIII was so much better than Luck (as nearly EVERYONE in the media loved to claim his rookie year).  He won rookie of the year and made the playoffs.  Big deal, he was a massive bust.  

3 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Winston hasn't fared much better than Jamarcus Russell?

Not really.  Was Russell constantly being in trouble (and even suspended) for bad behavior? I see no tangible benefit Tampa has had between the two.  Empty stats sort of like what Jacksonville's QB put up due to being blown out often and getting easy numbers in garbage time.  He's out of his butt already, and he was a massive bust as well.  (And he even made the playoffs on the back of his defense).  People who quote empty stats to claim a loser with a bad off field reputation (I'd say heinous reputation going back to College, but that's just me) isn't a bust is a laugh.  But then I don't know what other people consider to be standards.  In my opinion, he's a bust.  Let's see if Arians can breath him back to life and clean up his off field nonsense at the same time.  Otherwise we'll see who wants a bust backup QB next year.  

32 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

It's like saying RGIII was so much better than Luck (as nearly EVERYONE in the media loved to claim his rookie year).  He won rookie of the year and made the playoffs.  Big deal, he was a massive bust.

That's called hindsight. RGIII looked pretty dang good as a rookie. I highly doubt you were calling him a bust after his rookie year.

33 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Empty stats sort of like what Jacksonville's QB put up due to being blown out often and getting easy numbers in garbage time. 

Winston is about tens times better of a passer than Bortles. The biggest reason why Bortles lasted as long as he did as a starter was because of his legs. And I think you need to go back and look at some game logs before you say Winston's stats are all "garbage time stats".

40 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

In my opinion, he's a bust.  Let's see if Arians can breath him back to life and clean up his off field nonsense at the same time.  Otherwise we'll see who wants a bust backup QB next year.  

Winston isn't dead yet but I can agree he's likely on his last life as a Buc atleast. His off the field nonsense has certainly plagued him since college but there's a reason he's got multiple chances to continue his career. Because he CAN still be an ELITE QB. Besides the off field stuff my biggest knock on him is the stupid INTs he throws just like another QB near and dear to our hearts does in Andrew Luck.