Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

horseshoecrabs

Ballard & Frank's post draft interview

I loved the post draft interview into the inner workings of the draft thought process & where we are as a unit right now, as a fan it should be standard viewing, to see the mind set of our GM & head coach. I love the process that they talk about balancing Character/ Athletic ability.

Also after establishing, a locker room culture, Taking a  chance on talent down the road on more high profile FA's.  This is why I am so glad to be a Colt fan from the late 50's. Do I like winning? yes, but I think in this football world as a business, it's nice to see integrity is not completely gone. 

Anyway that's my two cent's worth, Anybody have any thoughts on the interview?

I liked their interview, too.  A good look into the people behind the picks, both the players and the organization.  So much more positive than the previous regime.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:35 PM, horseshoecrabs said:

I loved the post draft interview into the inner workings of the draft thought process & where we are as a unit right now, as a fan it should be standard viewing, to see the mind set of our GM & head coach. I love the process that they talk about balancing Character/ Athletic ability.

Also after establishing, a locker room culture, Taking a  chance on talent down the road on more high profile FA's.  This is why I am so glad to be a Colt fan from the late 50's. Do I like winning? yes, but I think in this football world as a business, it's nice to see integrity is not completely gone. 

Anyway that's my two cent's worth, Anybody have any thoughts on the interview?

Good to know that some of us old timers are still around. I’ve been a Colts fan since 1958. They’ve been my favorite team since I became a football fan.

The fact the GM/ scouting team and the coaches appear they are on the same page is crucial.  I have heard that issues can develop when scouts get 'their guy' drafted, but the coaches were lukewarm (or worse) when they worked them out.  Seeing them all in agreement / unison is comforting.

P.S. - Vikings fan (Colts were a close #2) from 1968 - to around 1974 or so.  Then switched to Only the Colts from then on as #1. (But still have a light heart for the Purple gang)

Yes its good too see n hear that character means something from top down. Colts fan from Maryland here since 1960 !

Fan in Oregon since 70. Character means a great deal to me. I love this current organization from top to bottom, as much or more than any in the past. 

They are doing it right. Wins will be a bonus. 

6 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Fan in Oregon since 70. Character means a great deal to me. I love this current organization from top to bottom, as much or more than any in the past. 

They are doing it right. Wins will be a bonus. 

We have a bunch of great character guys right now which I love too. Luck, TY, Nelson, AC, Ebron, and Leonard. Much like the 2006 team with Peyton, Reggie, Freeney, Mathis, Brackett, and Saturday.