Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
RockThatBlue

College football 2019-2020 thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

 

 

Both of you should stop posting about things you don't know about.

 

1.  Bama fans will not be eating crow if Oklahoma wins.  Alabama fans love Hurts and the vast majority of their fans will be cheering for Hurts to win.

 

2.  Hurts is not a bum, he is a very good college QB and an outstanding person.  Saban did not boot Hurts from Alabama.  Hurts made the decision to leave Alabama so that he could start for another team, just like J. Fields did by the way. 

 

Haha.. someone's a little butt hurt

 

I completely disagree, but whatever. Good Samaritan aside, he lost his job to a freshmen in the biggest game of his life , got shelved away, and yes, then decided to leave. Semantics. Either way, he couldn't cut it at Bama.

 

As far as Fields, he probably realized that Kirby wasn't going to go away from Fromm and found his way out. I believe had Fields stayed, he'd probably be the starter in Georgia right now and they would be in the CFP. There is a significant difference in talent, and situation, between Fields and Hurts. Beating up on trash Big12 defenses, in a gimmick offense, doesn't impress anyone. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 3:40 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Haha.. someone's a little butt hurt

 

I completely disagree, but whatever. Good Samaritan aside, he lost his job to a freshmen in the biggest game of his life , got shelved away, and yes, then decided to leave. Semantics. Either way, he couldn't cut it at Bama.

 

As far as Fields, he probably realized that Kirby wasn't going to go away from Fromm and found his way out. I believe had Fields stayed, he'd probably be the starter in Georgia right now and they would be in the CFP. There is a significant difference in talent, and situation, between Fields and Hurts. Beating up on trash Big12 defenses, in a gimmick offense, doesn't impress anyone. 

 

You really keep showing that you have no idea what you are talking about.  Keep posting clueless information through, if that's what turns you on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

 

You really keep showing that you have no idea what you are talking about.  Keep posting clueless information through, if that's what turns you on.

 

Considering the "you Hurt my feelings" rebuttal, my response was pretty accurate to the situation. I'm starting to think you're an upset Bama fan..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 8:09 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Considering the "you Hurt my feelings" rebuttal, my response was pretty accurate to the situation. I'm starting to think you're an upset Bama fan..

 

No, I actually just want to see good games.  Your response was dumb, as was your first post regarding Hurts.  Hurts cut it just fine at Alabama until he was beat out by a QB, Tua, that was arguably the number one pick in the NFL Draft until a freak injury occurred.  Which, by the way, Tua was in competition for that top spot by Burrow, who transferred from where?  You know.  I know you are an Ohio State fan, they have an excellent team, but there is no reason to call Hurts a bum or that he couldn't cut it when both of those statements are patently untrue.  Try supporting your team without running down other team's players, who in many cases are not only very good players, but very good people.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 3:40 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Haha.. someone's a little butt hurt

 

I completely disagree, but whatever. Good Samaritan aside, he lost his job to a freshmen in the biggest game of his life , got shelved away, and yes, then decided to leave. Semantics. Either way, he couldn't cut it at Bama.

 

my family is from Alabama and they are huge fans of college football, personally im from indy and not a big fan...

 

anyway, they were absolutely rooting for Hurts.  i know a lot of crimson tide fans, you were wrong from what i have seen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indiana would have to beat Tennessee tonight for the Big Ten to have a winning record this year in bowls.   Currently 4-4.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Myles said:

Indiana would have to beat Tennessee tonight for the Big Ten to have a winning record this year in bowls.   Currently 4-4.

 

 

Really rooting for the Hoosiers...Tom Allen has done a magnificent job at IU and has the program moving upward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

 

Really rooting for the Hoosiers...Tom Allen has done a magnificent job at IU and has the program moving upward.

I'm not an IU fan, but I'll certainly be rooting for a Big 10 team to beat an SEC team.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

 

my family is from Alabama and they are huge fans of college football, personally im from indy and not a big fan...

 

anyway, they were absolutely rooting for Hurts.  i know a lot of crimson tide fans, you were wrong from what i have seen 

 

Who cares...? I don't and that was never my argument about Hurts. He's a great guy, good for him. However, his article from ESPN last week gave raised some questions, but whatever, again I could care less about who he is off the field. SOOOOO... did he or did he not lose his job to Tua? Did Alabama not completely redesign their offense the following spring, which was tailored heavily to Tua than Jalen? Jalen transferred knowing he was never going to touch the field with Tua there. He's not a good QB, and people can bring up what he did this year in Oklahoma, but as I've stated before, big deal he beat up on % Big 12 teams. It's not a coincidence he got exposed against LSU, and their defense isn't even that good. 

 

I'll use my Buckeyes as an example for Jalen Hurts. JT Barrett was a great guy off the field, but I, and a ton of other fans, couldn't wait for him to go. If it weren't for Cardale Jones, the Buckeyes never sniff the playoffs or even come close to a Championship. Regardless of his stats, he wasn't a good QB, and hurt the team more times than helped them. 

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm not an IU fan, but I'll certainly be rooting for a Big 10 team to beat an SEC team.

 

 

 

The one time a year I actually cringe and root for Michigan... but I'm the same way, I root for all the Big 10 teams during bowl time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Who cares...? I don't and that was never my argument about Hurts. He's a great guy, good for him. However, his article from ESPN last week gave raised some questions, but whatever, again I could care less about who he is off the field. SOOOOO... did he or did he not lose his job to Tua? Did Alabama not completely redesign their offense the following spring, which was tailored heavily to Tua than Jalen? Jalen transferred knowing he was never going to touch the field with Tua there. He's not a good QB, and people can bring up what he did this year in Oklahoma, but as I've stated before, big deal he beat up on % Big 12 teams. It's not a coincidence he got exposed against LSU, and their defense isn't even that good. 

 

I'll use my Buckeyes as an example for Jalen Hurts. JT Barrett was a great guy off the field, but I, and a ton of other fans, couldn't wait for him to go. If it weren't for Cardale Jones, the Buckeyes never sniff the playoffs or even come close to a Championship. Regardless of his stats, he wasn't a good QB, and hurt the team more times than helped them. 

 

tbh i dont follow college football i just know a lot of Alabama fans

 

they were rooting for him based on what i saw fyi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to appreciate the 8 win season for Indiana but Coach Allen made two blunders 
1. Saving a timeout in the first half and settled for 3
2. Totally INCOMITENT but not preparing for onside kick and giving up a 13 point lead with 5 minutes to play. 
Pathetic!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough loss for IU.  I actually turned it off going into the 4th quarter...felt good about the lead and needed to get to bed.  I recorded it, so I'll go back and see what happened.

 

Regardless, a great season and it helped lay the foundation for more successful seasons to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

LSU vs Clemson. Who yall got?

 

LSU wins IMO but it'll be a great game. 

The game really doesn't interest me too much.  Maybe I'm just burnt out on football after 4 games this weekend.   The NCAA really misses the boat by not having this game on Friday night.  I'll be in bed before the game is over.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Myles said:

The game really doesn't interest me too much.  Maybe I'm just burnt out on football after 4 games this weekend.   The NCAA really misses the boat by not having this game on Friday night.  I'll be in bed before the game is over.   

Yeah Monday Night is a weird night but I kind of get why. Theres a pretty good amount of college basketball games on Friday Nights plus they obviously can't do it on Sat or Sun cause of the NFL playoffs. Monday probably really is the best night to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...