Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
RockThatBlue

College football 2019-2020 thread

Recommended Posts

Many teams have had their spring games excited!

 

Interested to see how my UK boys do after a 10 win season. Should be a fun year!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 12:28 AM, RockThatBlue said:

Many teams have had their spring games excited!

 

Interested to see how my UK boys do after a 10 win season. Should be a fun year!

 

 

How are you feeling about UK this year? Alot of talented guys to replace but Stoops has had some solid recruiting classes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

How are you feeling about UK this year? Alot of talented guys to replace but Stoops has had some solid recruiting classes.

I feel optimistic. Lost a lot of talent especially in the secondary but I think the front 7 will be very good which will help the back 4. 

 

I think the offense will be improved even after losing Snell (mainly because I think the passing game will be better)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's tough being an IU football fan but I think they're heading in the right direction. Tom Allen is building a competitive program right now and I think in 2020 it will finally pay off. I'm optimistic about 2019 but the schedule isn't very favorable. IU needs to beat one of the bigger names in the B1G East this year to get the rest of the fan base fired up! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, Matthew Gilbert said:

It's tough being an IU football fan but I think they're heading in the right direction. Tom Allen is building a competitive program right now and I think in 2020 it will finally pay off. I'm optimistic about 2019 but the schedule isn't very favorable. IU needs to beat one of the bigger names in the B1G East this year to get the rest of the fan base fired up! 

Yeah us UK fans were pretty much in the same boat in terms of so many years of sucking. If UK can turn it around IU can too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Jared Lorenzen. One of the first UK football players I got to watch play. Also was a Colt for part of a season. 38 years old. Terrible. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

RIP Jared Lorenzen. One of the first UK football players I got to watch play. Also was a Colt for part of a season. 38 years old. Terrible. 

 

I read that earlier. Very sad. Way too young to die. RIP Jared. My condolences to his family and his fans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's hear some predictions for everyone's favorite schools!

 

IU goes 6-6 with a win over Purdue earning a Smurf's Bowl bid :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think IU should go 6-6, maybe even get a little lucky and go 7-5.  I also like what Tom Allen is doing at IU and they are always fun to watch.

 

As for my other team, University of Louisville, their athletic program has gone through some major housecleaning and they finally are rid of the 2 big snakes (Petino and Petrino), so I believe their football program will start trending upwards again.

 

Not expecting a bowl bid this year, but improvement is expected over last year's fiasco.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, Matthew Gilbert said:

Let's hear some predictions for everyone's favorite schools!

 

IU goes 6-6 with a win over Purdue earning a Smurf's Bowl bid :)

UK is really hard to predict. Lost a lot of great talent. But several high rated recruits replacing the ones who left.

 

I'll go with 8-4. Obviously a little bit of a step back from 10 wins this past season but still think it'll be a pretty good year overall with a bowl game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 1:57 PM, Barry Sears said:

I think IU should go 6-6, maybe even get a little lucky and go 7-5.  I also like what Tom Allen is doing at IU and they are always fun to watch.

 

As for my other team, University of Louisville, their athletic program has gone through some major housecleaning and they finally are rid of the 2 big snakes (Petino and Petrino), so I believe their football program will start trending upwards again.

 

Not expecting a bowl bid this year, but improvement is expected over last year's fiasco.

What Louisville is going through kind of reminds me of the situation Mark Stoops stepped into at UK. Just a total mess of a program basically at rock bottom. Could take 3-4 years to fix that mess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

@NFLfan whats being said about Stanford this coming season?

 

Thanks for asking. I really have not paid much attention to Stanford football this Spring/Summer. There will be pressure on the QB Costello to carry the offense now that Bryce Love is no longer there. I don't know if anyone can take his place. I hope the defense will be improved and return to pre-2018 form but they are thin at safety and there is not too much experience on the defensive side.

 

I'll do some reading and share more later. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, Matthew Gilbert said:

IU goes 6-6 with a win over Purdue earning a Smurf's Bowl bid :)

 NO WAY!!! Purdue has some very nice firepower this year, although QB might be a question, hoping Sindelar gets his interceptions under control and remains uninjured, that’s if he doesn’t get beat out in camp. I predict Purdue will go 8-4 and to a little more prestigious bowl then they have been recently. Can’t wait to watch Rondale Moore go off again this year!

 

5A786B82-078C-4B2D-B843-F06C84EFD6FC.jpeg.5b0ac5a68e5b0d66c9dcad1ca352ef4c.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 NO WAY!!! Purdue has some very nice firepower this year, although QB might be a question, hoping Sindelar gets his interceptions under control and remains uninjured, that’s if he doesn’t get beat out in camp. I predict Purdue will go 8-4 and to a little more prestigious bowl then they have been recently. Can’t wait to watch Rondale Moore go off again this year!

 

5A786B82-078C-4B2D-B843-F06C84EFD6FC.jpeg.5b0ac5a68e5b0d66c9dcad1ca352ef4c.jpeg

Purdue is better than IU in football and basketball. I see Purdue going 9-3 IMO if they do not give away 1 or 2 games.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Purdue is better than IU in football and basketball. I see Purdue going 9-3 IMO if they do not give away 1 or 2 games.

Most of the games they lost were within a touchdown or so, other then the beat downs they received from Minnesota(didn’t show up)and Auburn (waaay outmatched) in the Bowl game:facepalm::Cry:

 

Should be an interesting season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Most of the games they lost were within a touchdown or so, other then the beat downs they received from Minnesota(didn’t show up)and Auburn (waaay outmatched) in the Bowl game:facepalm::Cry:

 

Should be an interesting season.

49-20 over Ohio St. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nebraska rules, oh this isn't 1995 my bad lmao 

 

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

 NO WAY!!! Purdue has some very nice firepower this year, although QB might be a question, hoping Sindelar gets his interceptions under control and remains uninjured, that’s if he doesn’t get beat out in camp. I predict Purdue will go 8-4 and to a little more prestigious bowl then they have been recently. Can’t wait to watch Rondale Moore go off again this year!

 

5A786B82-078C-4B2D-B843-F06C84EFD6FC.jpeg.5b0ac5a68e5b0d66c9dcad1ca352ef4c.jpeg

The West is stout this year. I think probably anyone but ILL could really win that division.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, Barry Sears said:

 

As for my other team, University of Louisville, their athletic program has gone through some major housecleaning and they finally are rid of the 2 big snakes (Petino and Petrino), so I believe their football program will start trending upwards again.

Louisville should be better this year for sure. Petrino lost the team and they gave up last year.  I think Satterfield was a good hire and I expect him to get them back to being a good team very soon. Although I am still a little salty that Louisville flipped LB Dorian Jones from the Hoosiers on Signing Day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a die hard FSU fan that died hard! Last year was the worst product I've ever seen out of A talented team. We have the talent to go 10-2 or 11-1, the maturity and coaching to go 5-7 or 6-6, so who knows. How do you sign 5 and 4 stars every year, get a top 5 class 4 out of 5 years and a top 10 the other year and produce that crap? Coaching, or lack there of..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Louisville should be better this year for sure. Petrino lost the team and they gave up last year.  I think Satterfield was a good hire and I expect him to get them back to being a good team very soon. Although I am still a little salty that Louisville flipped LB Dorian Jones from the Hoosiers on Signing Day.

 

I believe they are using last year's failures as learning experiences and motivation for this season.  So far, I like what I've seen and heard from Satterfield.

 

Chris Mack turned the basketball program around much faster than expected, so maybe Satterfield can do likewise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

I'm a die hard FSU fan that died hard! Last year was the worst product I've ever seen out of A talented team. We have the talent to go 10-2 or 11-1, the maturity and coaching to go 5-7 or 6-6, so who knows. How do you sign 5 and 4 stars every year, get a top 5 class 4 out of 5 years and a top 10 the other year and produce that crap? Coaching, or lack there of..

I think Jimbo knew a lot of those highly rated kids weren't as good as advertised once they got on campus and he just tried to get out of Dodge (and got paid handsomely to do so). Now Willie T has to try and clean up the mess Jimbo left behind. I'm a fan of Willie T but sadly, he'll likely get the boot if they have another 5-7 type season. Standards are high at FSU and they should be. If given time, I think WT would get them back on track. But again, it's likely make or break for WT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Chris Mack turned the basketball program around much faster than expected, so maybe Satterfield can do likewise.

The schedule isn't doing them any favors this season but the team should* be better. Maybe bowling again in 2020 is realistic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

The schedule isn't doing them any favors this season but the team should* be better. Maybe bowling again in 2020 is realistic.

 

True...not sure about a bowl, but I'm positive that's a goal of theirs this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • this wasn't addressed to me, but Milwaukee goes to St Louis again second weekend in September. I would have thought they could finish this game then. I think maybe Rob Manfred just wanted a shorter game. Who knows.
    • IR. PUP. Starts Wk 1.    That's covered it. 
    • Multiple times I have said the length of the deal would be the issue...like probably in four different posts in this thread. But I think there are people who would even be against paying a RB (like Zeke) that much money for 1-2 years...or wouldn't even give up a late pick for him.    I brought up Funchess because signing Zeke would be akin to signing a Funchess each offseason for a few years. From a financial standpoint...that's not unreasonable. The picks are a different discussion...but Zeke is also on a completely different level...and there is going to be an acquisition cost to getting a player like that.    The bit about Mack was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. The rest of my comment isn't meant to be an attack or even a generalization...it's just an observation about what I have seen in many fans the past year (the Mack situation actually predated a lot of this).   There seems to be a theme...that when a talented non-Colts player vet is mentioned as a possibility to acquire (who would have a cost attached)...there are many that are either dismissive or against it...to the point that late round picks are too much to give up. I think that happens more often than people ignoring the acquisition cost and saying "gimme, gimme." (To be fair...I think saying people "routinely" ignore the acquisition cost is as much of an unfair representation or generalization as what I said...just on the opposite spectrum).   I respect your opinion...and we actually agree on many things (including aspects of roster construction)...I just think I must be in the minority when it comes to taking 'big swings' around here.
    • So here we are again, bunches of cap money, hoping our draft picks are as good as last year, but sweating our QB issue.     How many draft picks are we gonna horde?   How much cap space are we gonna bank?   I realize this deal with Zeke might be just a rumor and forum fodder, but if we have a chance to bring him in, I say yes.  As I, and many other members have said many times, we have a QB that can win a super bowl, but so far we have wasted the opportunity because we lack that 1 player that completes the puzzle.     Andrew has suffered more pain playing on our team then any other Colt's player that I can recall,  I say again, it's time to loosen the purse strings and sign some proven talent to give him a fighting chance.
    • I don't look for him to do much at DT. He played really limited snaps on the interior, really only when they game was far out of hand. Much like here in Indy, there were much better guys on that interior at Ohio State. Tyquan didn't get many "meaningful" snaps inside. Even now he's going to get limited snaps inside because Autry, Hunt, and Ward as just better interior players. I still think he would be a good, cheap replacement, for Sheard, if they got him back down in the 260's. He's good against the run and may get a handful of sacks a year against average RT's. I still scratch my head on why they insist on doing what they are doing with him now.     Yea that's not the story. Him and J Bosa were the starting DE's until they left. Hubbard eventually took over for Bosa when he left and Chase was still sitting behind Tyquan, Nick, and Sam. Chase will be a stud though and I have no doubts he'll be a top-10 pick next year barring injury. 6-5 265 with stupid athleticism, and is equally as good against the run as he is rushing the passer.   Maybe they were thinking Tyquan could turn into a Michael Bennett-type, who can bounce inside and outside on the fly, but I just don't see him being that kind of guy. He wasn't overly athletic at 260'ish, so he's definitely going be hindered with another 10-15-20lbs.
  • Members

    • DoubleE Colt

      DoubleE Colt 41

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • rock8591

      rock8591 989

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • hippiejohn

      hippiejohn 63

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfanej

      coltsfanej 167

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NannyMcafee

      NannyMcafee 1,100

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 6,926

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Swan Ronson

      Swan Ronson 279

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 102

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 2,283

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 8,688

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...